Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2016, 11:31 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydaman View Post
This is how you show your self to be of racist ideology. It is incomprehensible that white people can and are just like black people when faced with the same circumstances.
Whites are living in the same circumstances. Ever been to the poorer sections of Southie (Boston)?

And actually, it's you who is being racist by claiming Black people can't help what they're doing. That has to be one of the most racist things I've ever seen posted here on city-data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2016, 11:35 AM

1,160 posts, read 714,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Whites are living in the same circumstances. Ever been to the poorer sections of Southie (Boston)?

And actually, it's you who is being racist by claiming Black people can't help what they're doing. That has to be one of the most racist things I've ever seen posted here on city-data.
Except, I've never claimed that. I've claimed that poor people cant help themselves as much as you think they can. This goes for all races. You truly do not understand generational poverty. You think crime is a personal choice and by extension, poverty is a personal choice. Poverty = Crime. In case you missed it, we are talking about sociological components, not individual people.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Except, I've never claimed that.
Yes, you did.

Quote:
You think crime is largely and predominately a personal choice. This is false.
Committing a crime intentionally is ALWAYS a personal choice. It's repulsive and disgusting to me that you consider Blacks to be largely incapable of controlling their actions.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Yes, you did.

Committing a crime intentionally is ALWAYS a personal choice. It's repulsive and disgusting to me that you consider Blacks to be largely incapable of controlling their actions.
Except you are beating a strawman to death and have no idea how to have a discussion on sociology. I've stated poor people. You are the racist who equivocates only black people with being poor.

Poverty leads to crime. Poverty is not a personal choice. Stop trying to beat a reasonable, accurate and factually correct argument with racist ideology.

Yes or no, you purview stormfront?

No need to respond, you incessant need to characterize my argument, with out using proper context and understanding makes you wholly unequal to having a discussion with me.

Old 02-17-2016, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Except you are beating a strawman to death and have no idea how to have a discussion on sociology. I've stated poor people.
What makes you think all the crimes committed by Blacks are committed by poor Blacks? Some of the gang members are quite wealthy as none of their profits/gains from illicit activity are taxed.

And look at the alcohol crimes (DUI, etc.) committed slightly disproportionly by Whites. What makes you think only poor Whites drive drunk, etc.?

I'll posit that it's you who largely fails in a discussion on sociology.

Intentionally committing a crime is ALWAYS a personal choice. And it's hideously ugly that you imply the poor, Blacks, whomever, are incapable of controlling their own actions. How much more condescending can you possibly be?

Old 02-17-2016, 12:18 PM

Quote:
What makes you think all the crimes committed by Blacks are committed by poor Blacks? Some of the gang members are quite wealthy as none of their profits/gains from illicit activity are taxed.

And look at the alcohol crimes (DUI, etc.) committed slightly disproportionly by Whites. What makes you think only poor Whites drive drunk, etc.?

I'll posit that it's you who largely fails in a discussion on sociology.

Intentionally committing a crime is ALWAYS a personal choice. And it's hideously ugly that you imply the poor, Blacks, whomever, are incapable of controlling their own actions. How much more condescending can you possibly be?

You are not responding my argument, but rather an argument you made up in your head.

Poverty causes crime. Your "solution" is to commit less crime. Committing less crime is a result not a solution of behavior/environment. You can pretend all you want that all crime is solely based on someones personal choice, but there is overwhelming evidence directly linking socioeconomic and generational factors that contribute to crime. You are 8 time more likely to go to jail if your parent was in jail. People do not commit crime on a whim or due to some evil gene or choice. It's a learned behavior. They learn this behavior from someone else. Learning how to communicate is not a personal choice, its a learned behavior. People copy what they see. Pretending their copying of this behavior is a choice is, frankly, stupid. Kids are taught to behave a certain way, in the case of poor people, they are taught to be drug addicts, criminals, etc etc. They are not exposed to anything else. So suggesting its a choice, when a choice really is not presented to them is just being willfully ignorant.

You can continue to defense your absurd solution, but it only illustrates your ignorance, not to mention your willfully disingenuous deflection of my argument. You want it to be black peoples fault they can not overcome poverty, it makes you feel superior as a white man. You do not want to even acknowledge why people commit crimes and instead want to pretend they all choose to be criminals.

(as far as your DUI "evidence", look who owns more cars disproportionately)

I also see that you've yet to respond to my stormfront allegation. I assume you do visit stormfront and subscribe to that kind of racist ideology.

Last edited by billydaman; 02-17-2016 at 12:29 PM..

Old 02-17-2016, 12:29 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,920 times
Quote:
Poverty causes crime.
I do not want to crawl in the middle of this 'discussion' but I must question the accuracy of this statement. While it think it is true in the context of your point, it is, of itself, not totally accurate.

Just sayin.

El Nox

Old 02-17-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nox View Post
I do not want to crawl in the middle of this 'discussion' but I must question the accuracy of this statement. While it think it is true in the context of your point, it is, of itself, not totally accurate.

Just sayin.

El Nox
Not absolutely but predominately. In a vacuum there are many reasons people commit crimes. When speaking about the incarceration amount of black inmates, we can see the predominate causes having nothing to do with the skin color and everything to do with culture/evnironment and economic/education opportunity. There are rich people who commit crime for other reasons, but these are few and far between the vast number of people who commit crime due to what I mentioned before. People want to say the system is racist, but people are still committing the crime, irrelevant of a purportedly racist system. Why are they committing these crimes? It's not because they simply chose to commit crime.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:52 PM

Quote:
You are not responding my argument, but rather an argument you made up in your head.

Poverty causes crime.
Poverty is CORRELATED with crime. So is single parent households. Neither CAUSES crime. Correlation is not causation.

The decision to intentionally act criminally causes crime.

Quote:
Your "solution" is to commit less crime. Committing less crime is a result not a solution of behavior/environment.
Patently false. Declining incarceration rates is a result of committing less crime, just like weight loss and better health are a result of eating less, making more healthy food choices, and exercising more.

The personal choices that were made to yield such results are in bold.

Old 02-17-2016, 12:55 PM

2,055 posts, read 1,449,920 times
You said this which I agree with ...

Quote:
Poverty leads to crime.
A couple posts later you said this ...

Quote:
Poverty causes crime.
Which I don't agree with

Quote:
There are rich people who commit crime for other reasons, but these are few and far between the vast number of people who commit crime due to what I mentioned before.
And that is EXACTLY the point that I was trying to make. Your second quote stated an absolute. I will back out of this exchange between you too and say this ... I agree with the portion I quoted from your first and third quoted posts.

El Nox
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies