Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2016, 05:39 PM

15,971 posts, read 9,383,102 times

Advertisements

So what's the looming issue when there's a record cold February?

Old 03-16-2016, 06:16 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,738,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRnative View Post
Count on this. I've just decided that I won't vote for any politician who pays for your self-absorbed lifestyle, if there is a viable option, and I will do my best to support the viable option. And I'll spread the word.

With this post, you've proven my point, you're a hypocritical parasite.

I'm writing all of my Congresspersons soon demanding that they vote to raise flood insurance premiums to reflect actual risks. If persons like you want to live the "good life," pay for it.

Congratulations for reinforcing all of my convictions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually, I am more of a libertarian. The fact is carbon taxes will not accomplish anything except ship more jobs to the third world and burden consumers. Why don't you start with convincing your lame brain liberal buddies to go nuclear. Clean and efficient energy is what we need. When I was a kid CO2 was a greenhouse gas and life began at conception. Now the right denies the former and the left the latter.
I will say I looked into the bc carbon tax. I am a typical 'raised eyebrow' whenever tax or gov interjects into our life. But they offset the income tax with a carbon tax. Here we'd call it budget neutral. I'm not sure how the Canadians define the term.

The point is it didn't increase taxing, like happens in the everything is great Northern European countries (except of course the rise in nationalism from the influx of refugees...hehe)

I'm all for lowering taxes but most would agree that won't happen here. But if the money that's taken is shifted, I don't care. But we also know here, we'd create another bureaucracy to administer it, one to monitor it, and then expand the irs to enforce the tax portion. I doubt we'd create neutrality.

Also like you, I have no idea why many who rail at fossil fuels and all that goes with them put up such resistance to nuc-u-lar... But I guess it's just my Kentucky ignance.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:24 PM

As a good rule, not all that don't buy hook , line, and sinker into the anthropogenic warming argument are flat earthers. Many would agree that we definitely play a part and reasonable changes would be good for many aspects of life, from pollution, to water potability, etc... Some would contend that we don't have a very thorough understanding of all aspects, from heat sinks, to solar influence, to natural shifts (interglacial warming) and, yes, human influence. It's the delivery and unwillingness to cede any compromise, not to opinion, but to data, which often contradicts itself, depending on the report.

Old 03-16-2016, 06:29 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,117,199 times
Quote:
Count on this. I've just decided that I won't vote for any politician who pays for your self-absorbed lifestyle, if there is a viable option, and I will do my best to support the viable option. And I'll spread the word.

With this post, you've proven my point, you're a hypocritical parasite.

I'm writing all of my Congresspersons soon demanding that they vote to raise flood insurance premiums to reflect actual risks. If persons like you want to live the "good life," pay for it.

Congratulations for reinforcing all of my convictions.
Ooooooo.
You will be ineffectual on this as with other endeavors in your life. FYI, my flood insurance is only $700/yr.
Get a better job, and someday you can afford to retire debt-free at an early age and enjoy relaxing on your boat.
BTW, I do appreciate your contribution to my Social Security!
Vote for Bernie!

Old 03-16-2016, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Is that like 97% of scientist agree that global warning exists? What scientist? The global warming scientist?

Awesome man, lets smoke another bowl......

I Never said that, you said that. But if you would just take a look at history, how many ice ages have we had and after those ice ages, what happened?

So, you cannot prove what I asked? I never would have thought it, with the answer you provided.

No, you hear what you want, and just like the anti gun crowd, when a question arises that may bother you, you/they just say they are so great, nobody understands them....damn, does that sound familiar with the pro global warming crowd?
Just because... Didn't our guns contribute to the anthropogenic global warming? Think about it... The rifled bullet circa 1850ish with large introduction by 1880ish.

Our guns directly correlate with those co2/temperature charts that get circulated around! Lol

Old 03-16-2016, 06:54 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Just because... Didn't our guns contribute to the anthropogenic global warming? Think about it... The rifled bullet circa 1850ish with large introduction by 1880ish.

Our guns directly correlate with those co2/temperature charts that get circulated around! Lol
So does breathing.....what's your point?

My point was not that it directly related to global warming, it related to those that talk about global warming and how they answer a question with a question.

Can you relate with your last 2 posts?

Old 03-16-2016, 07:04 PM

25,841 posts, read 16,521,023 times
Quote:
Brilliant logic. NOT!
Ok, well you keep us updated on your progress in selling this voodoo to India, China and Russia. Meanwhile our people will be paying more for energy and losing their jobs while the other polluters ignore the issue.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So does breathing.....what's your point?

My point was not that it directly related to global warming, it related to those that talk about global warming and how they answer a question with a question.

Can you relate with your last 2 posts?
My point is simple humor. Many of the gun control lobby are also in the warming camp. I'm surprised someone hasn't tried to connect the 2.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:12 PM

799 posts, read 708,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post

OMG, don't give the eco-religion any ideas. If they can somehow tie guns into the "climate change/global warming/ice age" boogie man, it's all over. These chicken little's don't need another part of the sky to fall, it would blow their tiny little brains.

Old 03-16-2016, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachhead View Post
OMG, don't give the eco-religion any ideas. If they can somehow tie guns into the "climate change/global warming/ice age" boogie man, it's all over. These chicken little's don't need another part of the sky to fall, it would blow their tiny little brains.
Yeah but it would be quite comical.

Especially set to 'feelings' on YouTube... Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies