Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2016, 12:11 AM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
To you it is. I could care less if you are ignorant of the human condition & what motivates people & cultures...this vote was about self-determination, culture, massive immigration, over-regulation & the super-state....fiscal concerns were put on hold. You have said less than nothing about WHY this vote happened.
Cool story Bro. Let's see how far that human condition righteous indignation goes now that the London markets are opening about 9% down, with the Dow expected to drop around 700 points in the morning.

A little late to run an autopsy on the "why's"

Old 06-24-2016, 12:12 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
I wonder what the Bilderberger's have to say about this.
I'll bet they are pissed
It is the Globalist vs the Nationalist Match

We need to some how have Globalist have skin in the game and PAY for their policies detrimental to the nation states

Old 06-24-2016, 12:14 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
How about the nation was created by British immigrants, our law and culture are derived from the same, we've always joined together in times of crisis and we probably share more ideals and beliefs than any other country except perhaps Canada.
This nation was heavily populated by far more than British citizens at the time of our independence. Sure, most of the leaders were English, but there were a hell of a lot of German Americans here, and they helped build this country too. BTW, so did African slaves. This country was created by all kinds of people.

Our law and culture? Yeah, there's some basis to say that there's a connection, but beyond sharing the English language and having a representative democracy, we're not all that similar. Hell, we don't even drive on the same sides of the road. Our education systems are totally different. They still have a monarchy that's state supported; a good American thinks that hereditary succession is beyond ridiculous. They built their nation on empire building and take pride in it. Americans think that empire and imperialism is a joke.

But most of all, we kicked their asses out of this country and vowed to be rid of them....and we wanted no part in their conflicts and quarrels with other nations. Our founders made this very clear.

Fair point about us joining with them in times of crisis, but we were dragged into it for the most part. The British have been nothing but a pain in the ass when it comes to foreign policy. They helped ruined our good standing in the Middle East by talking us into destroying democracy in Iran, which benefited Britain and did absolutely NOTHING for us. And the way they handled the Israeli-Palestinian issue and then ran away from it like it was the Ebola virus; thereby leaving the rest of the world (read: The United States) with that nasty soup sandwich is just one more black eye for Britain.

Nevermind their shameful behavior on the Irish mainland, India, and Africa.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:18 AM

8,104 posts, read 3,963,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
How is this wonderful news? The British are some of the most sensible people in the European Union and without them there the administration of the continent will become even more self-defeating and inept than it is now, which is bad for both America and for Europe. I don't blame the British for wanting out, but it's not good for either America or the rest of Europe.

I mean, good for them, but I don't see any point in cheerleading this.
When it comes right down to it, the war is between international investors and national interests
Globalism has been an utter failure for the majority of the the people in all countries.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:20 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
I'm so proud of our British brothers. Bravo!

Old 06-24-2016, 12:21 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,944,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
This nation was heavily populated by far more than British citizens at the time of our independence. Sure, most of the leaders were English, but there were a hell of a lot of German Americans here, and they helped build this country too. BTW, so did African slaves. This country was created by all kinds of people.

Our law and culture? Yeah, there's some basis to say that there's a connection, but beyond sharing the English language and having a representative democracy, we're not all that similar. Hell, we don't even drive on the same sides of the road. Our education systems are totally different. They still have a monarchy that's state supported; a good American thinks that hereditary succession is beyond ridiculous. They built their nation on empire building and take pride in it. Americans think that empire and imperialism is a joke.

But most of all, we kicked their asses out of this country and vowed to be rid of them....and we wanted no part in their conflicts and quarrels with other nations. Our founders made this very clear.

Fair point about us joining with them in times of crisis, but we were dragged into it for the most part. The British have been nothing but a pain in the ass when it comes to foreign policy. They helped ruined our good standing in the Middle East by talking us into destroying democracy in Iran, which benefited Britain and did absolutely NOTHING for us. And the way they handled the Israeli-Palestinian issue and then ran away from it like it was the Ebola virus; thereby leaving the rest of the world (read: The United States) with that nasty soup sandwich is just one more black eye for Britain.

Nevermind their shameful behavior on the Irish mainland, India, and Africa.
Yep

Old 06-24-2016, 12:22 AM

6,575 posts, read 6,746,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Cool story Bro. Let's see how far that human condition righteous indignation goes now that the London markets are opening about 9% down, with the Dow expected to drop around 700 points in the morning.

A little panic & then over time it comes back.That's the nature of markets. This fear-mongering nonsense by the EU did nothing but put the Brits off. There are valid reasons why this vote was taken, the main one being the loss of sovereignty & borders. The UK went to the EU asking for relief from settling these massive numbers of migrants in the UK & the EU blew them off....not smart.

Lol, you think the Dow is going to stay 700 points down for more than a few days...not with near zero interest rates. The reason the UK is out is because the elites, and people like you, could not connect cause & effect. I'll be all in tomorrow if the Dow is down 700

Old 06-24-2016, 12:24 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,434,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post

Jeez, that's a big drop on the Dow for little old England leaving a corrupt little club.........

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
How about the nation was created by British immigrants, our law and culture are derived from the same, we've always joined together in times of crisis and we probably share more ideals and beliefs than any other country except perhaps Canada.
Sorry, no. Your starry eyed view of history is extremely blurred. You kissing this much British ass would have made you a Loyalist back in 1776. We got our independence for a reason, and while the UK is similar to us, we didn't vote our independence from the British Empire; people died for independence. How ironic that it's right-wingers, the "true defenders" of the Constitution, want to get in bed with the British again. But then again, you're also the same people that cry, "To save the Constitution, we have to separate ourselves from it, first". Shame on all of you neo-Confederates. The real anti-Americans are Republicans.

447 posts, read 488,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I'm arrogant because I'm comparing Texas' endless threats to leave the US to what voters have done to Britain? I'm not sure why you feel the need to attack me personally, but I think this will hurt Britain tremendously and time will tell if the financial markets in London will ever be the same again.

I don't know how it will turn out for England in the long run, no one does, but I am not at all confident they will ever regain the financial strength they had yesterday. As for visiting, you should, it's everything you would imagine.
Let me rephrase it. Your posts are arrogant. I don't know you personally, you're right. I'm not attacking you, just stating the facts.

I don't know where you taking the info about Texans wanting to secede. To leave the US. Obviously, you know all the "nuts" of TX. (,Sarcasm , of course)
TX people are not what you see them to be, obviously, and you and your Seattle dearest is really not pleasant attitude to me.
TX is my home for years already. Over a decade, and I can assure you, seceding is not conversation of the day here in TX.

Regarding England- Brits were an independent country and will be again. Nobody is saying, that it will not hurt them financially, but they will stand up again. That's why I said, let's talk about them again in couple of years, not throwing them under the train right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies