Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2016, 11:54 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,113,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
It isn't "drivel" and it it isn't mine. I'm not the author. But go ahead and stick your head in the sand. That is the problem with most Americans today. They do not want truth. They want to pretend the world is all lollipops and roses.
As long as they are not directly affected by the crazies, most Americans will continue to ignore them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2016, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
In all fairness, there are many who practice Islam who really do not know what their own religion espouses (not unlike many Christians in that regard). Especially those you will run across in the "West".

So while a lot of what is written in the article is true, we must remember that not all Muslims prescribe to that hard line stance. Most are taught specific teachings from the Qur'an, and never dig any deeper beyond what they were taught to recite (again not unlike many Christians).
What you say may be true. However, the muslims in power obviously do believe in death and destruction. The millions that don't, have no real say so.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:57 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,582,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Liberals will continue to ignore all the bombings, head choppings, and killings. They will choose to believe that only "a small percentage of Islam" is radical. Obama believes this, but of course he is a muslim. There are none so blind as they that will not see. Our blinders will result in a future nation called The United States of Islam.
Okay GA, it seems you are so blind that you don't see that this problem went from a 4 to a 9 in severity because of one man who thought it was his mission to go get Saddam Hussein. That man was not a liberal and you probably voted for him - twice.

Old 03-22-2016, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
So is every religion!

Don't pretend any other religions are innocent, please. The only thing is that most religions such as Christianity don't have devoted religious people anymore.
What other religion is doing what Islam CURRENTLY doing what Islam is?

Old 03-22-2016, 11:59 AM

264 posts, read 151,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Liberals will continue to ignore all the bombings, head choppings, and killings. They will choose to believe that only "a small percentage of Islam" is radical. Obama believes this, but of course he is a muslim. There are none so blind as they that will not see. Our blinders will result in a future nation called The United States of Islam.
And western powers are ignoring Turkey.

Erdogan is in the process of reviving the Ottoman Empire.
After election he transformed his position (ceremonial) to one of executive power.
He's no longer just a figurehead.

He revived the Ottoman language and it's mandated to be taught in schools.
Censorship is now happening in Turkey.

And the Western countries have turned a blind eye to this.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:20 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,055,630 times
Quote:
The only thing is that most religions such as Christianity don't have devoted religious people anymore.
This must get an award for dumbest post of the week.

Old 03-22-2016, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
Okay GA, it seems you are so blind that you don't see that this problem went from a 4 to a 9 in severity because of one man who thought it was his mission to go get Saddam Hussein. That man was not a liberal and you probably voted for him - twice.
I did not vote for him- you speak from ignorance. Regardless of what Bush did or didn't do- that has no bearing on what our response should be now. Bush is NOT responsible for these lunies behavior!

Old 03-22-2016, 12:54 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anon7366 View Post

After election he transformed his position (ceremonial) to one of executive power.

True, he is undoing the somewhat secular state of Turkey that Mustafa Atatürk helped create. Mustafa was a wise man, realizing that Religious Islam had no place in the modern world and his government. Outlawing hijabs in government and schools must have been very revolutionary at that time.

Old 03-22-2016, 01:00 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
You're the one who is ignorant.

Islam was not founded until about 650 A.D. (after the death of Christ.)

North Africa was Christian at that time.

So was most of the Middle East (Byzantium) -- and all of Europe.
My post went over your head.

Why are you listing RELIGIONS next to a whole continent of people? Do you think Africams are a religion or something?

Your post is ignorant. Period.

Old 03-22-2016, 03:15 PM

1,431 posts, read 913,336 times
Quote:
The NT passages referenced don't mention anything violent, and 90% of those passages are from the OT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
We also see moronic ideas such as a perfect willingness to eliminate 1,600,000,000 people for what you yourself have estimated as ~ 200,000,000 radicals.
200mil radicals isn't something to be concerned about? Imagine the uproar if there were 200mil radical Christians.

I don't support nuking an entire religion of people, but that's not a minute number. Muslims need to be more active in their reprimands of extremist counterparts, which is easier said than done. But it's better than nothing. They have a history of not fighting for what they want and letting it devolve into **** (Iraq, Libya, Afghanistan, etc).

Quote:
ISIS is the creation of western nations that have butted their guns into ME affairs for decades.

Each new terrorist group is stronger and more powerful than the last.

Iraq was a better country under Saddam.
Libya was a better country under Ghadaffi.
Egypt was a better country under Mubarak.
Lefties can't accept the fact that some countries need dictators, and others don't. Hussein was an ass, but we didn't have nearly as many problems when he was in power. Same goes for the other two; I'm just more familiar with Iraq because I've been there twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
One man? I mean I'm not a Bush supporter, but he somehow found a way to circumvent checks and balances?

In all fairness, it was a lose-lose for Bush. Do nothing and look heartless in front of the UN, or go and be reprimanded for playing world police. The WMD thing was stupid, but then look who Iraq's next door neighbor is. And Obama is signing bills for them to continue with a nuclear program. That's damn near the equivalent of lifting all the sanctions on the DPRK. "Oh yeah, let's allow a country to develop a nuclear program who has stated numerous times that they'll wipe Israel off the face of the earth. Where do I sign?"

Quote:

We can't have it both ways. I quoted you above saying we involved ourselves in ME affairs, so I'm assuming you think it was a bad idea to conduct OIF/OEF...which I agree with. The US can't be playing the world police for everyone, so we either get involved or stay out of it. It's probably better to stay out of Turkish affairs this go-round, especially since Turkey is part of NATO. We already have enough on our plates trying to squash tensions between them and the Kurds. Telling them how to run their country would not be advisable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
My post went over your head.

Why are you listing RELIGIONS next to a whole continent of people? Do you think Africams are a religion or something?

Your post is ignorant. Period.
His post was pretty silly. Kinda lost credibility with the African thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies