Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2016, 06:41 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,179,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

No, you're the ignorant one.

You didn't even know that North Africa was Christian before Mohammed started his sick religion.

I didn't say the whole continent.
Pay attention.

The post being discussed said AFRICANS. You ran in trying to save it. I'm well aware that North AND East Africa were both Christian.

In fact, that was my whole point. The post was stupid because it excluded Africa from Christianity when it has long been the bearer of much its oldest and purest forms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2016, 06:28 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Disgusting.

Right-wing conservatism = ideology of psychopaths.

An ideology of stagnation. If conservatism were actually more than just a foil for progressivism, we'd still be running around thinking the Earth is flat, and that the Sun revolves around the Earth. I hope and pray that your ilk comes around to Climate Change before its too late.
LOL!! Somehow I knew one of you *******s would bring up "climate change," which is a total myth, and a hoax.

Secondly, what is it you don't understand about conservatives that you think it means we don't believe in modernity (specifically science and technology)? It's about preservation of our Constitution and constitutional government, as established by our founders and framers. Freedom and Liberty depend on that preservation. Without the Constitution, there is no control over government, and the people have no power. Apparently you've never learned that. I was taught it in high school. My gosh, we've fallen a long way in our educational system when people have come to believe that our Constitution is backward and should be discarded.

Ted Cruz, 2016!!

Old 03-24-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
We can find just as much violence and calls for it in the Bible and you yourself believe we should "Nuke them" so please, spare me this "My God is better than their God" silliness. I'm not interested in hearing any (insert the name of the religious text of your choice) thumper tell me their way is the only way or that their God is the only true God of the more than 5,000 names for God in recorded history.
Your ignorance is showing again. We're in a war right now, whether you care to admit it or not. We must win that war, or we will not survive. We used the atomic bomb against Japan in WWII, saving thousands of American lives, and bringing the war in the Pacific to an abrupt end, with Japan's surrender. Shortly afterward WWII came to an end.

We have let the war declared against us by Islam (ISIS in particular) go on and escalate for too long. There will be more attacks like those in Paris, Brussels, and San Bernardino (not to mention the others on our soil) if we do nothing. The quickest way to wipe out ISIS and Muslim terrorism would be to use every weapon available to us, including nukes. (my opinion)

As for the Bible, it is a historical record. It describes wars which are historical fact. It does not tell us to commit murder and "jihad" (as the Qur'an does) against non-believers. Therefore your comment above again shows your ignorance.

Islam is a cult; a false religion. It is not a "religion of peace." It seeks to bring all people the world over under Sharia Law, and to submit to Islam. The Qur'an teaches Mohammedan's that they must use force to do this (jihad). It tells them to kill all "infidels." The "Blind Sheikh" was an Islamic scholar, a doctor of Islamic jurisprudence and graduate of al-Azhar University, Cairo. If he believed the Qur'an taught these things, who are we to say it doesn't? Who are we to say he is misinterpreting the Qur'an? In fact this is why "moderate" Muslims will not condemn terrorism. This and the fact that they are under Sharia, which forbids freedom of speech. But they feel unqualified to interpret the Qur'an differently than one with such credentials as the "Blind Sheikh."

Muslims do not recognize Christ's deity, but they only recognize him as another prophet. What Islam teaches about God is opposite of what the Bible teaches. You can call it, "My God is Better than your God," if it makes you happy. But the fact is, the god of Islam is a false god bearing no resemblance to the God of scripture, the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
It's the KKK itself that links itself to Christianity as it's the jihadists that link themselves to Islam, they're both full of crap. When you can offer a reasonable explanation of just why the 1,000,000,000 + people you allege are hell bent on murder and destruction aren't all out there wreaking havoc 24/7 I might believe your fear-mongering, until then not so much.
It doesn't matter what the KKK thinks about itself. It doesn't make them Christian just because they say they are, and it doesn't then tie Christians and Christianity to the KKK.

Again, the jihadists are linked to Islam because that is what the Qur'an teaches. It matters not that many Muslims will not become terrorists. What matters is that they won't condemn it either, because they do not feel free to condemn it, nor do they feel qualified to say it "isn't Islam" (as Barack Obama has said). It is Islam. The "Blind Sheikh" has said it.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:07 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
Anyone can post - it's a free country- and anyone can show their fear and ignorance- it is a free country- that's the beauty of it, but no all fall in the same category- and we have to live with the fear, anger, bias and discord, that's what makes it ugly-- for the rest of us

Old 03-24-2016, 07:24 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,558,126 times
Quote:

They already believe we're ungodly infidels.

Not the ones who have moved here and are enjoying the amenities of America.

Quote:
And any "love" we show them they take as weakness.
Again you are speaking of the bulk of those in the ME, and not those already here. REAL love, being friendly and genuinely concerned with befriending them is not seen as weakness by many "westernized" Muslims.

Quote:
Obama has been appeasing them for the last seven years.

How has that worked out?

I never said "appease" those in the Middle East.

If you re-read my post you will see that I was clearly speaking about those Muslims in the West.

Maybe "The West" isn't such a good term now, due to the influx of Muslims throughout Europe over the last year or so.

I was primarily referencing those who have been in America for several years.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:31 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
it amazes me that people are still doing this. suggesting that all "religions" are the same. that islam is no different... in spite of the evidence that plays out on a daily bases with bombs killing people in the name of only islam...

it amazes me that secularists point to the deaths caused by religious people while ignoring the deaths caused by SECULARISTS. Lenin, Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Minh et al were secularists and their death toll is greater than all the religions of the world (with maybe the exception of islam)

however, even that does not matter. What matters is what is taking place TODAY.
Even the secularists who in the last century killed more than 300 million people have pretty well slowed the pace. ONLY ISLAM is still killing en masse TODAY.

Old 03-24-2016, 07:34 AM

31,292 posts, read 20,749,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I hope people will read this and thereby inform themselves. Too many people still cling to the myth that Islam is "a religion of peace," and that Muslims just "want what we want." Nothing could be further from the truth.

Radical Islam Meets Free Speech - Minutemen News
Watch this video if you want to see the facts. It's quite disturbing.

By the Numbers - The Untold Story of Muslim Opinions & Numbers

Old 03-24-2016, 08:46 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,387,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Watch this video if you want to see the facts. It's quite disturbing.

By the Numbers - The Untold Story of Muslim Opinions & Numbers
you wont get any of the progs to watch, but my number of 200 million radial islamists based on the pew research is far lower than the reality presented here...using the same Pew findings.... they did a better job than I did....

clearly more than 300 million muslims are radicalized.

Old 03-24-2016, 08:49 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,738,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I hope people will read this and thereby inform themselves. Too many people still cling to the myth that Islam is "a religion of peace," and that Muslims just "want what we want." Nothing could be further from the truth.

Radical Islam Meets Free Speech - Minutemen News
Presently, Islam is where Christianity was for hundreds of years during the Dark Ages. Backwards. Hopelessly behind in technology. Actively fighting against science, equality, women's rights, freedom of religion, freedom in general and hell bent on forcing theocracy and religious dogma into government. Forcing any non-believer to convert or die. Actively persecuting, hunting, raping and abusing all non-believers who refuse to convert.

The fact that Christianity eventually woke up and got over all of that gives me great hope that Islam will one day do the same. But there's also a solid chance that'll never happen.

At present, every country with a majority Muslim population is hopelessly behind the big economic and technological powers in the world. New ideas and new thinking do not come from such nations. European nations, Russia, China, the USA, Japan -- that's where all the new ideas are coming from. That being the case, Islam does not presently pose any serious threat to actually conquer the world and forcibly convert everyone on the planet. Iraq represented the pinnacle of military might of predominantly Muslim nations and they were easily crushed by much smaller American forces in both Gulf Wars. Muslim nations do not create their own military hardware, preferring to buy the USA's, Western Europe's and Russia's outdated surplus of tanks, vehicles and aircraft. This leaves them at a massive technological disadvantage in any war scenario. Any massive coalition of Muslim nations seeking to conquer the world would lose in spectacular fashion.

On the other hand, they are out reproducing everyone. In general, everybody else seems to be trying to do the responsible thing and have fewer children, but Muslims apparently didn't get that memo. They also view polygamy as perfectly acceptable -- which is the best turbocharger for massive population increase known to man. The one way in which Islam in it's present form may currently take over the world is by reproduction alone. By reproduction, they may one day be the majority population in India, all of Europe, Russia and a number of other places. If we allow a massive influx of Muslims, then the same thing will happen here in the USA.

Old 03-24-2016, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Presently, Islam is where Christianity was for hundreds of years during the Dark Ages. Backwards. Hopelessly behind in technology. Actively fighting against science, equality, women's rights, freedom of religion, freedom in general and hell bent on forcing theocracy and religious dogma into government. Forcing any non-believer to convert or die. Actively persecuting, hunting, raping and abusing all non-believers who refuse to convert.

The fact that Christianity eventually woke up and got over all of that gives me great hope that Islam will one day do the same. But there's also a solid chance that'll never happen.

At present, every country with a majority Muslim population is hopelessly behind the big economic and technological powers in the world. New ideas and new thinking do not come from such nations. European nations, Russia, China, the USA, Japan -- that's where all the new ideas are coming from. That being the case, Islam does not presently pose any serious threat to actually conquer the world and forcibly convert everyone on the planet. Iraq represented the pinnacle of military might of predominantly Muslim nations and they were easily crushed by much smaller American forces in both Gulf Wars. Muslim nations do not create their own military hardware, preferring to buy the USA's, Western Europe's and Russia's outdated surplus of tanks, vehicles and aircraft. This leaves them at a massive technological disadvantage in any war scenario. Any massive coalition of Muslim nations seeking to conquer the world would lose in spectacular fashion.

On the other hand, they are out reproducing everyone. In general, everybody else seems to be trying to do the responsible thing and have fewer children, but Muslims apparently didn't get that memo. They also view polygamy as perfectly acceptable -- which is the best turbocharger for massive population increase known to man. The one way in which Islam in it's present form may currently take over the world is by reproduction alone. By reproduction, they may one day be the majority population in India, all of Europe, Russia and a number of other places. If we allow a massive influx of Muslims, then the same thing will happen here in the USA.
Well, you're just plain wrong. Christianity was never anywhere close to Islam. The Crusades were about driving the invading Muslims (conquerors and murders, just as they are today) out of Europe and reclaiming the Western Christian lands. Christianity was never opposed to science (where do people get that idea) or equal rights or freedom of religion (though I suppose you could say the Catholic Church is, since they think they ARE Christianity - they are apostate and have been since the Catholic Church was formed). I know the Catholics will argue with me, but Peter was not the "first Pope," and in fact was not even the most significant of the apostles. Paul was. It was Paul whom God chose to take the Gospel to the Gentiles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies