Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2016, 09:17 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,523,323 times

Advertisements

The Republican party has become a klown show.

As another poster said earlier... white males like to vote Republican because.. for the first time in history.. white males are facing the same kinds of problems that every other group living in the U.S. has faced since the country began. Many white males believe that as "white males" they should be above such problems. So they blame the Government and minorities for the loss of their supreme status and privilege.

While Republicans often deny white privilege... the main reason maybe poor whites are angry is because they are not experiencing white privilege. White privilege is what white Republicans WANT. They want supreme status over all other groups. Yet, they say they are not racist lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 09:30 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
what is the obsession with conservatives about liberals ? Liberals go about their business and doing what they gotta do and conservs just always trying to pick a fight?? GET a life!
Most of us look at Conservatives and Liberals as flipping a coin......one is head the other is tail, both chase each other.

People who think there is a difference...... might be our problem. Getting a life is easy, being educated on those running our country may take a little more knowledge.

Old 04-02-2016, 09:47 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriz Brown View Post
The Republican party has become a klown show.

As another poster said earlier... white males like to vote Republican because.. for the first time in history.. white males are facing the same kinds of problems that every other group living in the U.S. has faced since the country began. Many white males believe that as "white males" they should be above such problems. So they blame the Government and minorities for the loss of their supreme status and privilege.
Are you talking about all those "white people" in Baltimore & Ferguson? I don't see white men trashing towns and burning down buildings, so where is this anger located?

Quote:
While Republicans often deny white privilege... the main reason maybe poor whites are angry is because they are not experiencing white privilege. White privilege is what white Republicans WANT. They want supreme status over all other groups. Yet, they say they are not racist lol.
Where do you get this? Poor white men can't be that unhappy they drive big trucks and work manual labor. Most I see or know are just living life and not political, more about family and attending community events.

Seems to me there are many who spend time obsessing on what white people think.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:21 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,736,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No, I'm a woman who lived through gender discrimination. When I was growing up, girls didn't dream of being doctors or lawyers or astronauts because those fields were closed to them. As they were to many minorities. When I was in my 20s I worked for many male bosses who freely harassed women in the workplace and there was no place for a woman to go to complain. Heck, it didn't even dawn on a woman to complain. It was a white man's world, and everybody knew it. You simply had to grin and bear it in order to keep your job.

I'm grateful that my daughter grew up in a time and place where none of that is true any longer. Men who are secure in themselves don't long to go back to those good old days, even though it meant they had more opportunity because the pool of people competing for their jobs was much smaller. I find men like that to be admirable. And they are usually liberal.

I have no idea what your point is here, as none of this has anything to do with the post you were responding to.

Old 04-02-2016, 10:26 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Low testosterone is about the only reason....

Old 04-02-2016, 10:35 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
I have no idea what your point is here, as none of this has anything to do with the post you were responding to.
Well, for those who are a little slow, I will review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14
What they have in common is they are angry that they now are forced to compete with minorities and women, instead of like back in the good old days when accepted cultural discrimination assured they always got the best of everything without a fight. Back when women and minorities "knew their place" and didn't dare to aspire to anything that had always traditionally "belonged" to white men.

Those days are gone, and they are ticked off about it. That makes them easy pickings for the Republican party, a party that thrives on anger, bigotry and fear.
To which you responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
You're either very naive, or very hypocritical. Or perhaps both. Both are defining features of the hard left.
At which point I wrote the post explaining why I was neither naive nor hypocritical, based on my own experience.

There, did that help? If not, that's too bad, but I can't think for you.

Last edited by JAMS14; 04-02-2016 at 11:11 AM..

Old 04-02-2016, 11:02 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,225,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
.02 from me

Globalization is an experimental process that produces a host of political problems because the process of “creative destruction” continually upsets the status quo. Incentives matter: if people can get rich by creating wealth, we are better off for it. However, if they can get rich by redistributing wealth, we are worse off for it.

I am not suggesting globalization is a bad thing, but increasing globalization creates “winner-take-all” markets for cultural outputs. Not a good thing.
You've hit the mark citing globalization as one of the greatest challenges to the middle class.

I will dispute your final paragraph. Without protections to our standard of living, Americans are at a severe disadvantage when it comes to globalization. If you were to form a graph with India, China, and America on it, the Indian and Chinese curves would be up-sloping while the American curve would be down-sloping where the curves indicate standards of living.

Old 04-02-2016, 11:26 AM

620 posts, read 1,747,335 times
Because I'm smart. Because I can think for myself. Because the conservative cause is wrong.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:35 PM

2,198 posts, read 2,736,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Well, for those who are a little slow, I will review:

To which you responded:

At which point I wrote the post explaining why I was neither naive nor hypocritical, based on my own experience.

There, did that help? If not, that's too bad, but I can't think for you.
Clearly the derpitude is very strong in you.

To recap:

A. You said that Republicans thrive on anger, bigotry, and fear.

B. I responded by saying that Democrats thrive on those same things, they merely direct them towards different groups of people - and then listed those groups.

You then responded with a story about how when you were growing up you were discriminated against for being female and couldn't be a doctor or a lawyer or an astronaut (I couldn't either since I'm over 6'4", so check your short privilege).

That has absolutely nothing to do with the point of my post, which was that: Democrats thrive on those same things, they merely direct them towards different groups of people.

You being discriminated against for being female when you were growing up the 1890s has absolutely nothing to do with my point that Democrats thrive on anger, bigotry, and fear, with the only difference being at whom it is directed.

Old 04-02-2016, 12:58 PM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is one of the most perplexing things of all when I think about politics. I will go on any political site or facebook news page and see all these angry white male liberals clamoring about the GOP and Trump and whatnot and I just laugh to myself. These white men are hated by almost every socio-economic group in the liberal caucus and based off the comments I've heard amongst these groups, if they had the choice and power, these white men wouldn't have livelihoods and/or would die. White males are blamed by these groups for almost every problem that exist under the sun. I can't fathom what incentive is there to being a liberal Democrat for a white man today?
They are most likely homosexual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies