Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2016, 01:41 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
You've hit the mark citing globalization as one of the greatest challenges to the middle class.

I will dispute your final paragraph. Without protections to our standard of living, Americans are at a severe disadvantage when it comes to globalization. If you were to form a graph with India, China, and America on it, the Indian and Chinese curves would be up-sloping while the American curve would be down-sloping where the curves indicate standards of living.
Where are most of our clothes coming from?
Who is supplying Dollar Stores?
Who makes all the Christmas items and now Easter?
What kind of cars are Americans turning to?
Grocery stores now lined with food imported from Mexico and Canada.......this one seriously confuses me!

Our Elementary schools are being invaded by people who are overwhelming the education system, yet parents are silent and vote for those who support illegal immigration.

Gives a little idea why American people are falling behind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2016, 01:55 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,687,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is one of the most perplexing things of all when I think about politics. I will go on any political site or facebook news page and see all these angry white male liberals clamoring about the GOP and Trump and whatnot and I just laugh to myself. These white men are hated by almost every socio-economic group in the liberal caucus and based off the comments I've heard amongst these groups, if they had the choice and power, these white men wouldn't have livelihoods and/or would die. White males are blamed by these groups for almost every problem that exist under the sun. I can't fathom what incentive is there to being a liberal Democrat for a white man today?

What a peculiar post. I've never heard of anyone who generally hates white males.

Yes, it's certainly true that most of the financiers who wrecked the economy/housing market were white males, and most of the flaming racists are white males, and most of the people trying to undermine women's rights are white males, and so on - but I don't know anyone stupid enough to imagine that ALL white males are to blame.

Old 04-02-2016, 02:32 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
We have a mostly equal playing field currently. That's why Asians earn 20% more than whites.

The problem with equal playing fields is that they inherently produce very unequal results, which left-wing regressives then claim are really proof of an unequal playing field.

To which people with critical thinking skills reply "You don't want an equal playing field, you want equal results."

Left-wing regressives then respond "No we don't, we want an equal playing field, not equal results. But if the results aren't equal then that is proof that the playing field isn't equal!"

One of these days they'll finally jam that square peg through the round hole if they just keep pushing on it hard enough though.
perfectly stated, +1

Old 04-02-2016, 03:21 PM

934 posts, read 595,861 times
You guys accuse the Democratic party of being White Supremacists then you type this nonsense

Pick one story and stick to it

You righties flip flop more than Drumpf

Old 04-02-2016, 03:23 PM

2,965 posts, read 3,533,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is one of the most perplexing things of all when I think about politics. I will go on any political site or facebook news page and see all these angry white male liberals clamoring about the GOP and Trump and whatnot and I just laugh to myself. These white men are hated by almost every socio-economic group in the liberal caucus and based off the comments I've heard amongst these groups, if they had the choice and power, these white men wouldn't have livelihoods and/or would die. White males are blamed by these groups for almost every problem that exist under the sun. I can't fathom what incentive is there to being a liberal Democrat for a white man today?
because they're a moron?

Old 04-02-2016, 03:51 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronic65 View Post
They are most likely homosexual.
Says another closeted Republican.

Old 04-02-2016, 05:08 PM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Where are most of our clothes coming from?
Who is supplying Dollar Stores?
Who makes all the Christmas items and now Easter?
What kind of cars are Americans turning to?
Grocery stores now lined with food imported from Mexico and Canada.......this one seriously confuses me!

Our Elementary schools are being invaded by people who are overwhelming the education system, yet parents are silent and vote for those who support illegal immigration.

Gives a little idea why American people are falling behind.

1-clothe- El Salvador -China and Bangladesh
2- Xmas and Easter- definitely China
3- cars- Japanese- German Italian?
4- food -Mexico- China
5-electronics- Japan China
6-weapons--France- Argentina Brazil Germany UK Italy

Schools are over whelmed- because they stop putting money into them- even if there is not one immigrant in the school -it's falling apart (facts) why so many home schooled now and charters schools are growing in numbers-
5- they are here by invitation- the same people who buy your underwear from Overseas to sell to you- are the same ones who employ illegals-- only thing left- is to grow your own food weave some clothes and ride a donkey around-- The catshup has left the bottle and will never go back.
But what is working its way to our demise- is so far about 10% of real estate is owned by foreigners- (non US citz) -most American companies are partially owned by foreign interest- sure they are legal, but NOT American- so think they care of all their employees are saving them money because their cheapo workers are brought from the homeland? IT is a business plan!
When you stop selling the birthright and our OWN home grown can buy a home FIRST-get a job first- then we can talk about illegals - we selling it all away

Old 04-02-2016, 05:14 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,583,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
What a peculiar post. I've never heard of anyone who generally hates white males.

Yes, it's certainly true that most of the financiers who wrecked the economy/housing market were white males, and most of the flaming racists are white males, and most of the people trying to undermine women's rights are white males, and so on - but I don't know anyone stupid enough to imagine that ALL white males are to blame.
Sure you do, they are all over this thread. Just turn on Fox News to see some more of them.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:33 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,359,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JB from NC View Post
I was a Republican for many years, until I realized I was actively supporting everything that I didn't like about this country: bigotry, inequality, erosion of civil rights, the weakening of unions, a lopsided economy, and far too much religion in politics.

The Democratic Party might not be perfect, but it's a helluva lot better than the Republicians.
(At least until we can develop a functioning multiparty system in the US )
You are not alone, although in my case I learned what you're saying fairly fast. In 1968, my first time voting, I went for Nixon. In 1972 I felt their was no good choice -- McGovern was far too liberal, but Nixon had broken his promise/lied about his secret plan to end the Vietnam War. In 1976 I voted for Jimmy Carter, who turned out to be a lousy president -- sort of that year's George Bush II; but he was still better than a man who literally couldn't walk (or go down a flight of stairs or play golf) and chew gum at the same time. And after that it was all downhill for the Republicans (it was a short hill).

Old 04-03-2016, 02:15 AM

3,006 posts, read 3,872,289 times
Because they're right wing capitalists, but have some degree of social conscience i'd guess? Basically capitalists that hand wring about the exploitation of capitalism, but don't really want to do anything about it due to vested interests? Like liberals have always been?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies