Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2016, 01:32 PM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Okay - I agree that I am childish. Maybe there is truth that comes out of mouths of babes - before the babes suffer liberal indoctrination. I know for a fact that ADULT old school conservatives financed all you talk about....liberals for the most part never have and never will control the money supply....because if they did there would be no supply....they would spend it all in one fail swoop.
See, you think everything is about money.

I'm not talking about who financed those projects and programs, I'm talking about who -- in most cases -- made them happen. And that is the overriding issue in American politics today. Republicans like to tell us all the things that we just can't do anymore. Democrats still think we can do the things mentioned above. Under Republicans we crumble, just like the infrastructure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You seem to equate Republican with conservative. Trump is a leaning slightly to the right populist, not a conservative.
Generally speaking, conservatives belong to the Republican Party. Please don't try to tell me that's not true.

As far as Trump goes -- y'all created him, now deal with him.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:35 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Those are important facts considering your claim of switching parties because of the "Iraq War" and republicans.
The Iraq war was just the catalyst that awakened me to the GOP's sad, self-inflicted decline. A decline that's accelerating as we speak.

Quote:
Trust me, the thread isn't about you nor would I try to make it about you.
When you referred to me rather than the subject of the thread in your previous post, that's exactly what you did. Maybe subconsciously.

Quote:
That's a pretty common behavioral flaw of authoritarians, though. They always think everything is about them.
Interesting reading here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right-...thoritarianism

Right-wing authoritarians are people who have a high degree of willingness to submit to authorities they perceive as established and legitimate, who adhere to societal conventions and norms, and who are hostile and punitive in their attitudes towards people who don't adhere to them. They value uniformity and are in favour of using group authority, including coercion, to achieve it.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
First of all, I am not a conservative. ...
Perhaps I have you pegged wrong. If I do, my apologies. But after reading the wording in your post #196, I just don't believe you.

Not to mention post # 238.

Last edited by phetaroi; 04-04-2016 at 01:52 PM..

Old 04-04-2016, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Many liberal white males are interested in the environment. The GOP doesn't care about that -- unless it's to destroy it.
I would reword that slightly. Yes, the GOP, in general, doesn't care about the environment. But it's not their intent to destroy it, it's just that they don't care if they do while they're making money.

Old 04-04-2016, 01:58 PM

1,504 posts, read 852,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
See, you think everything is about money.

I'm not talking about who financed those projects and programs, I'm talking about who -- in most cases -- made them happen. And that is the overriding issue in American politics today. Republicans like to tell us all the things that we just can't do anymore. Democrats still think we can do the things mentioned above. Under Republicans we crumble, just like the infrastructure.
Yes - being here in Canada where a liberal party controls our primary province and city...Liberals are all about tossing as much money at everyone in order to stay in power...they push us further and further into debt and in reality enslave the population....money is NOT about spending all you have - but to spend and conserve...hence conservatism.

Old 04-04-2016, 02:16 PM

2,013 posts, read 1,430,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 for1 View Post
Because they are weak beta males with huge amounts of white guilt. In other words "p*ssies".
Well, 2fer, not everyone can be the boss of the internet, can they?

Old 04-04-2016, 03:15 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
Perhaps I have you pegged wrong. If I do, my apologies. But after reading the wording in your post #196, I just don't believe you.

Not to mention post # 238.

Well maybe you can look a little further at my posting history and you can see where I've said many times that I would eagerly vote for Hillary over Trump and that I consider Trump a complete joke of a candidate.

Here's an example..

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post

I cannot STAND Hillary Clinton, but I'd vote for her over Trump because I really think she'd do less

damage.
//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...-gullible.html

If you held a gun to my head and I had to pick a side, I lean more to the right. But I do not consider myself a conservative and have not for some time. I'm an independent who voted for Obama once Palin was chosen as the VP pick.

I'm an atheist so I'm certainly not going to be swayed by the religious right and I probably lean more on the liberal side of things when it comes to gun control.

The aspects of liberalism that I can't stand are political correctness, race baiting, identity politics, illegal immigration laws not being enforced, climate change alarmism and liberal suppression of free speech at political rallies and on college campuses.

The aspects of conservatism that I don't agree with are the military conflicts in the middle east which end up creating more blowback and more terrorism, the inflexibility over gun control and above all the utter LACK of an ability to judge character or competence by advancing people like Sarah Palin or Donald Trump as candidates for the party

Old 04-04-2016, 03:18 PM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
White liberal men are NOT alpha males.
So, Mr. alpha, how would you fare in a boxing match against your current PM?

Old 04-04-2016, 04:34 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,480,300 times
Quote:
I would reword that slightly. Yes, the GOP, in general, doesn't care about the environment. But it's not their intent to destroy it, it's just that they don't care if they do while they're making money.
Then the opposite is true. The DNC doesn't care if people have jobs or money so long as they can sleep at night because they passed another 7,000 regulations while you type your reply.

I mean, its not the intent of democrats to destroy the economy. That's just the side effect of going green.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies