Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2016, 04:11 AM

6,386 posts, read 6,274,180 times

Advertisements

Why?

Because they are mature and compassionate enough, and have been exposed to many different types of people and experiences, to have finally realized that the world does not revolve around them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 04:20 AM

9,725 posts, read 15,168,233 times
Many liberal white males are interested in the environment. The GOP doesn't care about that -- unless it's to destroy it.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:31 AM

33,322 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Wealthy adult liberals lecture the rest of us about our carbon footprint while they fuel up their private jets or multiple SUVs while they travel between their multiple homes

Yep.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Steyer immediately come to mind.

DiCaprio has a Prius, but he also has his own jet. Steyer tries to take a train instead of flying...when he can...but he still has multiple homes.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:31 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UB50 View Post
Many liberal white males are interested in the environment. The GOP doesn't care about that -- unless it's to destroy it.
Old fashioned stupid dumb conservatives are not big on the environment. They are in to silly things like naturalism. Old has been conservatives are naturalists.. So you wonder what I am talking about? Well - what is the difference between environ and nature? The definition is simple...to take care of your environment - to pick up a scrap of paper on the side walk....to clean up a city park....to attempt to make air cleaner...environ means that which surrounds you...or what you are enveloped in..putting a kitchen sink over your head is to create an environ.

The average liberalist kid does not know the difference between a pine tree and a birch...They function as environmentalist in a totally artificial man made world. Where as the conservative naturalist is concerned about the conservation..... the conservatism of nature...

What is the most simple way to define liberals from conservatives these days? I would say natural verses artificial.

Old 04-04-2016, 04:37 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
...These white men are hated by almost every socio-economic group in the liberal caucus....White males are blamed by these groups for almost every problem that exists under the sun.

I can't fathom what incentive is there to being a liberal Democrat for a white man today.
It's about being cool.

And it's fun -- in a sick sort of way -- to proclaim your own "guilt" without having to worry about any consequences -- so far.

I mean, how dangerous is it to be "guilty" when you live in a mansion in Beverly Hills and the police are protecting you instead of arresting you?

But the real bottom line is that these white males have Daddy issues.

Daddy was mean, or absent.

So they hate authority -- which they identify with white males.

They hate themselves (but of course, not enough to disadvantage themselves), and they hate other white males (but not enough to challenge them to a fight that they might lose.)

So in the end, they settle for being taken advantage of by women and non-whites.

Thus do white males slowly commit suicide, sacrificing their own children and grandchildren on the altar of White Guilt -- never mind that whites are no more guilty of anything than any other race, ethnicity, etc.

But you would have to study history to know that.

And even the kids at our best universities don't know a thing about history -- and don't want to know about it.

We now have an unprecedented situation of a racial and cultural group eager to have itself killed off.

Even the Jews in Nazi Germany weren't that passive.

Last edited by dechatelet; 04-04-2016 at 04:54 AM..

Old 04-04-2016, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Alternative solutions are always available, but statists only care about government solutions.

Yep.....or creating an impediment to providing alternative solutions.....the City of Houston has a requirement that you must obtain a permit if you want to feed homeless people (not in a facility) .

Old 04-04-2016, 04:53 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,446,771 times
Why would any white male adult be a liberal?

Common sense? Self-interest? Not old enough to be a conservative?

In the past, conservatives either running for office or holding office nationally were often (although not always) socially liberal and fiscally conservative. That's a combination I found attractive in candidates for political office. That's a combination that reflected how I viewed myself.

In the past, Congressional conservatives didn't turn their backs on science. They joined with their liberal colleagues to pass the Clean Air Act and Clean Water Act, extremely important laws that have transformed the air we breathe and the water we drink.

If such conservatives exist today, they are in hiding.

If such legislation were introduced today, it would fail.

Conservatives have turned their backs on science; they have turned their backs on people (except for people who might contribute to their political campaigns); they no longer care about the things I care about; they no longer deserve my support.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
guarantee you the gap between the USA and Canada in quality of life will continue to grow wider under this "too liberal" regime.

Quality of life, on average looking at each whole society, using metrics that are important to researchers (who are often liberals)...yes...but people who reach for the brass ring couldn't care less about that perspective. For those who reach those lofty goals....they have a higher quality of life than those who have met similar goals in Canada. There is something about the American spirit (wonderful, IMO) that some Canadians will never understand (and I love Canada).

Old 04-04-2016, 05:14 AM

854 posts, read 585,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yep.

Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Steyer immediately come to mind.

DiCaprio has a Prius, but he also has his own jet. Steyer tries to take a train instead of flying...when he can...but he still has multiple homes.

DiCaprio also doesn't have any children, which is the single most environmentally-conscious thing you can do.

You could literally take an airplane everyday until you die and still not wreak as much damage as having a single kid. That increases your carbon footprint by 50 times. I highly doubt it hasn't been a factor in his thought process. I'm just saying.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:15 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,984 times
White young liberal males hate and ignore one thing.....LAW- rules....they think that life and society is a free for all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies