Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2016, 10:33 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
I mean, why wouldn't he be? Being a conservative means being pissed off all the time that you're losing the culture wars.

I have quite a bit of experience with white male liberals since they comprise a significant number of my male friends and my boyfriend is one. First of all, a lot of my white male liberal guy friends are musicians. Why would they be conservatives when conservatives have no respect for the arts or culture? They always want to defund music and cultural programs, they want to create more by-laws to prevent festivals and other things from happening. They're killjoys, full-stop.

Second of all, white male liberals tend to live in big cities where there is lots to do, but often migrated in from boring-ass small towns filled with rednecks where there was nothing to do but slave away to provide for your babies you had too young with your overweight wife. They find that their lives were directly enriched by moving away from their towns of origin to bigger and more diverse locations, and furthermore that there are more job opportunities in these places. Being happier where they are than where they were, they can only conclude that the conservatives who stayed behind are sheltered and narrow-minded idiots.

Finally, white male liberals are not "the man," especially when young. That would be white male conservatives i.e. racists. White male liberals are actually media darlings. Just look at how women of all races fawn over Justin Trudeau and Ryan Gosling. They literally have the adoration of nearly everyone on earth. When Paul Walker died you even had rappers crying and mourning the loss. No one hates them but angry conservative white people, many of whom are poor/trailer park residents, etc. and they really do not care about their opinions at all. Again, I think the more logical question would be, why would a white male be a conservative? I guess you like having people hate you and wishing you'd commit suicide?

Great post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 12:12 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I just asked my husband your question and his answer, I quote: "the Republican's are f*****g crazy". Take that for what it's worth. Background: hubby is atheist, pro-choice, pro gay, pro transgendered, pro minority, pro animal rights, pro environment etc. Oh, and we are financially comfortable. Just your typical liberal guy that I adore because of it
Yesterday while out for a walk I ran into a friend of mine -- late 70s, conservative, White, ex-military, always votes Republican. Didn't have good words for Hillary or Bernie, but he also said, "This year the Republicans are f*****g crazy, especially Trump and every one who supports Trump." I was just a tad surprised at his comments.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Our allies in Europe and Asia don’t need us the way they used to. It’s absolutely preposterous that we have more than 440 military bases all across the world. That’s just an expense that taxpayers don’t need

Do I see Smart liberals and stupid Republicans solve the problem? Both parties just are all talk with no actions. Who the hell cares about silly labels? Both are the same.
If you're implying that our military bases in foreign countries are for those countries, then I think you're very wrong. Those military bases are for us to be able to launch offenses or to provide support for our offenses. They may help those countries, but that's a side effect.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:24 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
What a peculiar post. I've never heard of anyone who generally hates white males.

Yes, it's certainly true that most of the financiers who wrecked the economy/housing market were white males, and most of the flaming racists are white males, and most of the people trying to undermine women's rights are white males, and so on - but I don't know anyone stupid enough to imagine that ALL white males are to blame.
You just contradicted yourself.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Being a hipsterish adult liberal lends itself to a life of not being responsible....socially...spiritually...financiall y or sexually...You are off the hook when it comes to manhood...Adult liberals are in a gleeful state of arrested development and it is the easy way and the path of least resistance. Look at the hipster phenomena. They all look exactly the same - act the same...they are drones...not rugged free thinking individuals....
First, I think that's a rather childish post.

But in terms of being socially responsible, one can make a very good argument about adult liberals being just that. Adult liberals tend to support cleaning up toxic waste dumps. Adult liberals tend to support improving and replacing our crumbling infrastructure. Adult liberals built the hydroelectric plants that account for our water system and much of our electric grid in the arid West. Adult liberals built our national park system. Adult liberals support the most popular government program in American history -- social security and Medicare. And so forth, and so on.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:37 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,521,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
First, I think that's a rather childish post.

But in terms of being socially responsible, one can make a very good argument about adult liberals being just that. Adult liberals tend to support cleaning up toxic waste dumps. Adult liberals tend to support improving and replacing our crumbling infrastructure. Adult liberals built the hydroelectric plants that account for our water system and much of our electric grid in the arid West. Adult liberals built our national park system. Adult liberals support the most popular government program in American history -- social security and Medicare. And so forth, and so on.
Don't forget that adult liberals believe in science and climate change, while adult conservatives most often don't believe in science and/or climate change.

Old 04-03-2016, 12:40 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
This is one of the most perplexing things of all when I think about politics. I will go on any political site or facebook news page and see all these angry white male liberals clamoring about the GOP and Trump and whatnot and I just laugh to myself. These white men are hated by almost every socio-economic group in the liberal caucus and based off the comments I've heard amongst these groups, if they had the choice and power, these white men wouldn't have livelihoods and/or would die. White males are blamed by these groups for almost every problem that exist under the sun. I can't fathom what incentive is there to being a liberal Democrat for a white man today?
I'm a 100% WASP and a progressive liberal to boot. In Canada I'm not hated by any group and I believe totally in the basic liberal philosophy as summed up and coined by our Prime Minister's father Pierre Trudeau. "Towards a more just society". Now for those who see moving toward a more just society as some kind of problem I can only say, "crawl back under your rock and stay there until your entire clan is extinct, as it surely will become".

Old 04-03-2016, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneOnegin View Post
You're either very naive, or very hypocritical. Or perhaps both. Both are defining features of the hard left.

The Democratic party thrives on exactly the same things, the only difference is the identify of the people and groups at which it is directed. For Democrats, it's whites, males, people in rural areas, Southern states, Americans, western civilization, the rich, libertarians, Christians, capitalists, classical liberals, the police, the military, and everyone else who isn't a member of their coalition.
Instead of worrying so much about the "hard left", maybe you ought to be addressing the vast majority of the people "on the left" who are not in the extreme. Just as the number of people on the "hard right" are a minority of people "on the right".

I'm a Democrat, and I can't think of a single Democrat I have personally ever known who could be described as being "hard left".

Old 04-03-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by torontocheeka View Post
As opposed to the right-wing hero Limbaugh who just files for divorce everytime a wife gets cancer?
And let's not forget the Donald!

Old 04-03-2016, 12:56 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,622,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Yesterday while out for a walk I ran into a friend of mine -- late 70s, conservative, White, ex-military, always votes Republican. Didn't have good words for Hillary or Bernie, but he also said, "This year the Republicans are f*****g crazy, especially Trump and every one who supports Trump." I was just a tad surprised at his comments.
Lol. It's always the same story with you people. Anything to make your party and candidates look better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies