Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 12:46 PM

633 posts, read 640,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's a high Cost-of-Living Area.

Show us life in a low Cost-of-Living Area.

That article is from the LA times, but it's largely about a poor section of Atlanta, GA.
I wouldn't call Atlanta "high cost of living" by any means.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2016, 12:51 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burger Fan View Post
That article is from the LA times, but it's largely about a poor section of Atlanta, GA.
I wouldn't call Atlanta "high cost of living" by any means.
Atlanta is not low cost of living.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:21 PM

211 posts, read 113,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Atlanta is not low cost of living.
Of large cities, Atlanta is the 12th most expensive city for a single person, just behind Chicago and Seattle, so no its not a low cost of living city.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:28 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,271,982 times
The girl cited in the OP is making sandwiches while in college, presumably part-time to make ends meet.

If she was earning $15 full time, we'd be hearing she doesn't have enough time for school.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:38 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,558,981 times
Being poor sucks. I was poor once and it was certainly a struggle.

We need to keep in mind that some people just don't have any marketable skills that can earn themselves a living.

Forcing employers to pay them more at gunpoint isn't a solution. On the other hand, I'd suggest we add a consumption tax so that we can establish a basic income for all people with certain conditions, of course.

Old 04-07-2016, 03:42 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,082,117 times
Amazing......because I'm teaching my son, that he does not need to excel in life, he should live on min wage for the rest of his life.....

Even at $15, it's for beginners....does the left not understand this?

Old 04-07-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
The girl cited in the OP is making sandwiches while in college, presumably part-time to make ends meet.

If she was earning $15 full time, we'd be hearing she doesn't have enough time for school.
That's what so great about being a leftist.....you can have it both ways and then complain about it both ways.....and as far as the left is concerned they are correct....

Old 04-07-2016, 04:08 PM

4,798 posts, read 3,507,107 times
Minimum wage is starting wages, not CEO pay. And, when learning the value of a dollar, spend wisely. No tattoes, Unlimited data plans on phone, new cars, expensive hair styles, trendy clothes, starbucks..... I can go on, but when you start appreciating the value of what you earn, you will live better.
Get off the minimum wage by learning skills, trade skills, from welding, to connector making for electronic gear, masonry..

Old 04-07-2016, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve40th View Post
Minimum wage is starting wages, not CEO pay. And, when learning the value of a dollar, spend wisely. No tattoes, Unlimited data plans on phone, new cars, expensive hair styles, trendy clothes, starbucks..... I can go on, but when you start appreciating the value of what you earn, you will live better.
Get off the minimum wage by learning skills, trade skills, from welding, to connector making for electronic gear, masonry..

Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....hell, we (anyone who pays tax's) could be subsidizing in home broadband internet....why should they learn to do....well...anything?

Quote:
The agency on Tuesday will circulate a final proposal to F.C.C. members to approve a broadband subsidy of $9.25 a month for low-income households, in the government’s boldest effort to date to narrow a technological divide that has emerged between those who have web access and those who do not.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/08/te...cess.html?_r=0

Old 04-07-2016, 04:43 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,285,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Amazing......because I'm teaching my son, that he does not need to excel in life, he should live on min wage for the rest of his life.....

Even at $15, it's for beginners....does the left not understand this?
Yes, we do understand minimum wage is a floor wage for beginners or people in need of a job in general. What the right seems to be confused with is that paying someone $15/hr isn't some high paying job. That is a very low wage when working full time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies