Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2016, 07:49 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,221,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
I did, you didn't. Sorry you're so upset.
Where did you back up your claims that parents were starting the gender reassignment process on 3-5 year olds? Telling me to google it, is not backing up your claims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 07:54 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,637,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Where did you back up your claims that parents were starting the gender reassignment process on 3-5 year olds? Telling me to google it, is not backing up your claims.
Sorry you can't follow those simple instructions. That's your problem, not mine.

Good luck!

Old 04-08-2016, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Sorry you can't follow those simple instructions. That's your problem, not mine.

Good luck!
Sorry you don't understand the rules of organized debate. Make a claim, back it up.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:14 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Progressives are all about self indulgent experimentation with society and sadly they experiment with out children. The go for change for the sake of change even if change is not needed. Progressives are NOT about useful and good progress. They are dangerous because they have no vision of the future. They toy with society and have no regard for what the long term effects will be 30 years from now. Progressives imagine that they are intelligent and all others are not.

Progressive teachers will state that they are co-parents. This is so intrusive. These teachers are supposed to be TEACHERS we are the parents...they should get out of our faces and concentrate on reading and writing and teaching kid how to count. Progressives are NOT about freedom. They are meddlers who seek to control others.
Well said.

Conservatives are careful to leave training in values and social issues up to the parents and independent of the state.

Liberals want to indoctrinate children. Just like Hitler and Stalin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
That does not matter to the busybody control freaks, whatever you are teaching your kids, it's probably wrong anyway. They have convinced themselves that all parents are stupid, and are not really raising their children properly. So it's up to these superior, and enlightened busybodies to do it for you.

We are overrun with these people, even though they are in the minority. They are driven with an overwhelming desire to go into positions of power and influence, to enlighten the ignorant masses, and push their superior views, lifestyle choices and ideology.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Where in this book were they discussing "strap on stuff"? Where in ANY pre k book are they talking about any sexual act?
Don't worry. It won't be long before that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
PC run riot. Teaching this stuff to 4 year olds is insane. If people choose to be gay, fine. However, I'm sick of the PC folks and media trying to teach young people that it's a "normal, alternative" lifestyle.
Yes, even though I'm gay, I agree that it should be up to the parents to decide what is acceptable for their children to learn.

If gay rights equals progress, then that progress should first manifest itself in parental attitudes, and only then in children's attitudes.

Teachers trying to circumvent parents is like somebody demanding an A without first doing the homework required to get that A.

Quote:
By 4, kids already know what "mommy" and "daddy" mean. That's a simple concept. And that's where that education ends at that age. Anything further is age-inappropriate material, not society-inappropriate.
Exactly.

Quote:
If a 4 year old watched someone die, well, we're going to be learning about death and dead bodies a little earlier, aren't we? This doesn't mean it should be part of the standard school curriculum for 4 year olds.

That's a topic for a family to educate, not a school.
Well said.

If Heather has two daddies, there should be nothing in the school curriculum that condemns that fact, but there is no reason to give four year olds a "tour" of all the possibilities -- which, in France, would include Daddy having a mistress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
you really, truly think 4 year olds should be concerned about 'disrupting heteronormativity'?
please

what if a hetero group was was propagandizing a classroom agenda for 4 year old tykes called 'straight(en)ing the classroom' - would you be ok with that?
Bingo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicarjoe View Post
What you do not understand is the tolerance is defined as agreeing with the left. They will tolerate you if you agree with them. What you thought that road went both ways? Sill rabbit, equality is for liberals.
Yes, it's all about power and the destruction of social norms and bonds so that the liberals can weaken the populace and take over.

Back in the 1960s, they pleaded for tolerance, open mindedness, and the opportunity to have their views considered and respected.

Now, it's their ever more perverted and destructive way or the highway.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:27 AM

I like the way you think, dechatelet.

I've noticed most of the liberal types tend to have a meltdown the moment you ask them to back up their statements with anything more than emotion.

If you look closely enough, you might spot one or two in this thread!

Old 04-09-2016, 06:51 AM

Quote:
I like the way you think, dechatelet.

I've noticed most of the liberal types tend to have a meltdown the moment you ask them to back up their statements with anything more than emotion.

If you look closely enough, you might spot one or two in this thread!
I know! I'm still waiting for one poster to back up their claims.

Old 04-09-2016, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Right! And there are parents of those 3, 4, and 5 year olds encouraging and starting the gender reassignment process. How messed up is that?

At that age, I wanted to be a robot. It's a good thing my parents didn't take me up on it!!

When I got older, I could reason better to decide what's right for me, not what I repeated because I learned about something new.
?

Old 04-09-2016, 07:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
really. four year olds have to learn this stuff?

"Kicked out", to make it sound as if they are the bad guy....

Sounds like they gave the parent a choice.... Stay or leave.

The kid was not "kicked out". The parents wisely chose the go someplace else, that respects the parents.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
"Kicked out", to make it sound as if they are the bad guy....

Sounds like they gave the parent a choice.... Stay or leave.

The kid was not "kicked out". The parents wisely chose the go someplace else, that respects the parents.
That's one of the things I like about this country. You can "vote with your feet". Don't like what a school teaches? Don't go there. Don't like a store's policies? Don't shop there.

And with education being so important, I'm glad that child was taken out of a school where their educational priorities are out of whack.

Old 04-09-2016, 08:43 PM

And maybe when the daughter from the article gets older, she'll have this to look forward to:
Mom Furious Over 'Privilege' Survey Teacher Gave 7th-Grader | Fox News Insider

More tolerance education, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies