Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 12:48 PM

1,951 posts, read 1,637,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
I can also easily imagine a boy who would end up straight (but happens to be a bit effeminate) or a girl who would end up straight (but is a tomboy) being pushed in the direction of transgenderism -- the latest manifestation of a series of "mental illness" fads like autism and aspergers --everyone's into it, baby, because it's the "new thing."

Hmm, what ever happened to hysteria, which was supposedly prevalent during Freud's lifetime and now seems to have disappeared?

These psychiatric syndromes are nothing more than fads -- without any scientific basis whatsoever.

Again, it's creepy.
So true. It's like the over-diagnosis of ADHD that blew up over the last few years.

I just looked up the stats on family types from Census.gov, too. There are approximately 115,000 same-sex households with children in the US. This is out of the ~76 million total families in the US.

That works out to 0.15% (not even two tenths of 1%) of families have same-sex parents. This means 99.985% of households aren't. Is it REALLY that important to teach all 4 year olds about something this rare at this age? If it's their household, I can see that point. But ALL 4 year olds?

And if this is really a tolerance thing, if we gave equal classroom time to all of these rare scenarios, good luck getting through the lessons. There will always be some combination that will offend some PC nutball.

Offended parent 1: "Ok, I see you covered same-sex parents, but why weren't either of them Asian?"
School: "Sorry, we'll include that tomorrow."
Offended parent 2: "What, now all same-sex parents are Asian? What about one black and one white?"
School: "We'll include that in the next lesson."
Offended parent 3: "Oh sure, you covered the Asian-Asian, and the Black-White, but what about us Filipinos in wheelchairs?"

Source 1
Source 2
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2016, 01:22 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,704,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
Yeah.

The function of school is to educate. It's basically common knowledge that exposing children to things early makes them more capable of thinking about it later on. You cannot deny the prevalence of the discussion on same sex relationships and transgender issues in our society. These issues exists and they are relevant.

Bare in mind, these subjects are being presented objectively. It's merely highlighting that these issues exist. It's a private school and if you don't like how they teach, why would you want to stay? Maybe they kicked the girl out too hastily, I don't know. I feel like a lot of details are missing from the article.
It doesn't show wise judgment to teach these kinds of subjects at such a young age. Though we know the goals of the Educational system are to remove all parental influence over our children because we don't know what we are doing and teachers do. After all, in the words of Hillary Clinton, "it takes a village (society) to raise a child" and we know that the earlier they start indoctrination, the easier it is.
Indoctrination is evil; it is not 'education'.

Quote:
I mean, no group does something without having a goal. By definition, everything is agenda driven. The agenda of a school is to educate.

The group we're talking about wants to address the issues revolving our LGBT people. So, yea, they have an agenda but having an agenda does not make someone dishonest or any less objective.
Does an agenda make someone dishonest or less objective? It most certainly can and often does!

Old 04-12-2016, 05:58 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,253,409 times
Quote:
Yeah.

The function of school is to educate. It's basically common knowledge that exposing children to things early makes them more capable of thinking about it later on. You cannot deny the prevalence of the discussion on same sex relationships and transgender issues in our society. These issues exists and they are relevant.

Bare in mind, these subjects are being presented objectively. It's merely highlighting that these issues exist. It's a private school and if you don't like how they teach, why would you want to stay? Maybe they kicked the girl out too hastily, I don't know. I feel like a lot of details are missing from the article.
But would you agree to teaching them conservative values too? I BET NOT! Just like in college. A liberal can come and talk; no problem. But a conservative will be booted off the stage because 30 out of 3000 don't like their views.

So don't give me that liberal BS of being tolerant, until liberals show tolerance.

Old 04-13-2016, 06:39 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,849,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by numberfive View Post
So true. It's like the over-diagnosis of ADHD that blew up over the last few years.

I just looked up the stats on family types from Census.gov, too. There are approximately 115,000 same-sex households with children in the US. This is out of the ~76 million total families in the US.

That works out to 0.15% (not even two tenths of 1%) of families have same-sex parents. This means 99.985% of households aren't. Is it REALLY that important to teach all 4 year olds about something this rare at this age? If it's their household, I can see that point. But ALL 4 year olds?

And if this is really a tolerance thing, if we gave equal classroom time to all of these rare scenarios, good luck getting through the lessons. There will always be some combination that will offend some PC nutball.

Offended parent 1: "Ok, I see you covered same-sex parents, but why weren't either of them Asian?"
School: "Sorry, we'll include that tomorrow."
Offended parent 2: "What, now all same-sex parents are Asian? What about one black and one white?"
School: "We'll include that in the next lesson."
Offended parent 3: "Oh sure, you covered the Asian-Asian, and the Black-White, but what about us Filipinos in wheelchairs?"

Source 1
Source 2
Was anyone offended that all possible combinations were not represented? No the offense, in some people's mind, is that a particular combination was presented.

Frankly I think presenting as many combinations as reasonable is a good idea, after all look at the response the Cheerios ad received.

WATCH: Kids react to interracial Cheerios family and ugly comments made about them | fox4kc.com

Old 04-13-2016, 06:51 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,643,669 times
Quote:
Yeah.

The only detail you need to grasp is the outrageously age inappropriate subject matter being imposed on these young children by leftwing maniacal ideologues.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:00 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,226,475 times
The Temptations have this figured out.

Here is a song from the sixties.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmRsWdK0PRI

Old 04-13-2016, 07:08 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,184,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Liberalism IS a religion -- completely oblivious and immune to any questioning of its dogmas, no matter how reasonable.

I see where liberalism could be compared
to a religion.

I believe it's more more of a mental
illness though.

Once you present a lib with valid points,
they lose it completely & get crazy.

I've seen it, I've experienced it &
I almost expect it these days, lol
The one thing they don't expect though is a conservative that won't back down.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:14 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
really. four year olds have to learn this stuff?

Proves my point...

Being gay is taught... Now in school.

Old 04-13-2016, 07:33 AM

9,000 posts, read 10,184,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Proves my point...

Being gay is taught... Now in school.
I've been saying that for years....
The teachers are part of the gay agenda....
They're also the the first ones in a kid's life to minimize the influence of the parents.....
I say teachers should stick to teaching the basics.
Of course they can't & won't.

Another thing is all the TV shows jamming
gayness down peoples throats.
It's been going on for a long time-
The feminism of men & the women
becoming way too masculine.

Old 04-13-2016, 09:38 AM

1,951 posts, read 1,637,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Was anyone offended that all possible combinations were not represented? No the offense, in some people's mind, is that a particular combination was presented.

Frankly I think presenting as many combinations as reasonable is a good idea, after all look at the response the Cheerios ad received.

WATCH: Kids react to interracial Cheerios family and ugly comments made about them | fox4kc.com
There are people in this thread that would be offended if same sex parents weren't presented in a 4 year olds classroom. I agree with you that we should all be reasonable about this, but I think some of us have differing ideas on how many is "reasonable".

It's not age-appropriate to start introducing extremely rare variations -- of any concept -- at 4 years of age. It's going to be confusing for the child, who hasn't developed the ability to understand .

Less than 1% of Americans are Albino. Should we include an Albino with every lesson about people?
Less than 1% of American families have same-sex parents. Should we include a same-sex couple with every lesson about people?

Saying "no" to the above questions doesn't make us anti-gay or anti-Albino. Some of us just recognize children have developing brains, so we should teach at their level, not ours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies