Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2016, 12:43 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
This and there are stories about an island with young girls on it.......available to old men. If this is true, some important people are doing a fine job covering the story up.

Amazing how people speak of Bill cheating, but not the threats put on the women to keep everything quite. Some may think this was a minor action against his wife, but the women have faced much more than mild responses from the Clintons.
Do you condone pedophilia & molesting of young boys? If not, why do you continue to deflect & bring up Clinton & his consensual adult affair? Stick to the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2016, 12:46 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
What an upstanding guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
So, Hastert is a perv. There have been others of both parties before him and no doubt there are some still serving who haven't been caught yet. It really isn't a political issue.
Except that - Hastert was one of the more outspoken Republicans with regard to Clinton's impeachment and affair. And all the while he was diddling little boys. Disgusting.

Quote:
This and there are stories about an island with young girls on it.......available to old men. If this is true, some important people are doing a fine job covering the story up.

Amazing how people speak of Bill cheating, but not the threats put on the women to keep everything quite. Some may think this was a minor action against his wife, but the women have faced much more than mild responses from the Clintons.
And ~ pivot to Bill Clinton. To the best of my knowledge, Clinton wasn't diddling little boys but had consensual sex with adult women.

Hastert is the worst of the worst - ALL the while proclaiming his moral superiority during the Lewinsky years.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:01 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:

I don't know enough about this topic to say anything. Either way, your straying away from my point and taking what I'm saying WAY out of context. Everything I said was in response to the the initial point about how Democrats were ok with Bill's cheating. My point was that the comparison doesn't work. Now, if those allegations you brought up are in fact true, the comparison would work a little better, but it's still not really the same.

Hastert was a man who championed family values, who believed homosexuality to be wrong and the nuclear family to be the only viable option. He also molested people.

The issue is rather or not family values are actually a valid viewpoint and what it means when so many of these people end up getting multiple divorced, found to be in a homosexual affair, or have had sexual contact with minors, all of which go against the family value narrative they have built up. Bill Clinton is not part of this.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:18 PM

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post

Hastert was a man who championed family values, who believed homosexuality to be wrong and the nuclear family to be the only viable option. He also molested people.

The issue is rather or not family values are actually a valid viewpoint and what it means when so many of these people end up getting multiple divorced, found to be in a homosexual affair, or have had sexual contact with minors, all of which go against the family value narrative they have built up. Bill Clinton is not part of this.
The irony of all this "family values" business being strutted about by those abusing little boys.

My favorite is the "family values" guy who told his wife he was divorcing her when she was in the hospital fighting cancer. Now there's a winner for you.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:23 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Do you condone pedophilia & molesting of young boys? If not, why do you continue to deflect & bring up Clinton & his consensual adult affair? Stick to the topic.
Rank hypocrisy and all that.

Only the left can both lambast and glorify "sexual orientation" and get away with it. That's because, like yourself, there are no standards. You make that blatantly clear with each and every post making accusations of condoning or maybe even outright being a pedophile.

Pathetic and exactly what should be expected from our left-wing counterparts. Take notes...

Old 04-10-2016, 01:24 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post

Only the left can both lambast and glorify "sexual orientation" and get away with it. That's because, like yourself, there are no standards. You make that blatantly clear with each and every post making accusations of condoning or maybe even outright being a pedophile.

Pathetic and exactly what should be expected from our left-wing counterparts.
Hypocritical....how? Your posts are just, quite simply, illogical.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:28 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,477,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I don't know enough about this topic to say anything. Either way, your straying away from my point and taking what I'm saying WAY out of context. Everything I said was in response to the the initial point about how Democrats were ok with Bill's cheating. My point was that the comparison doesn't work. Now, if those allegations you brought up are in fact true, the comparison would work a little better, but it's still not really the same.

Clinton, who championed equality, used his power and influence to both sleep with women and keep them quite when the "bimbo brigade" came out in full force in 1992. Liberal feminists were like a deer in headlights...

Rank hypocrisy runs in both parties.

Pedophilia is wrong. So is sexual harassment and the silencing of victims. Something you see over and over in both these cases.

Old 04-10-2016, 01:31 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
Quote:

Pathetic and exactly what should be expected from our left-wing counterparts. Take notes...
Are you making this about gay people, but not saying because you aren't brave enough? This is the second time you've brought up sexual orientation and implied another orientation.

The standard, since you claimed one does not exist, is based on consent, trust, and outcome. In other words, I rational method of determining morality. When two men are having consensual sex, there is not injustice occurring. If a man sexually assaults another man, even if they are both gay, it's unjust. The sexual orientation is not the point.

Same deal with pedophilia. It's ok to be a pedophile, I guess, but that's with the assumption that you aren't having sexual encounters that violate the moral principles that exist on this level. When an adult touches a child, it's not consensual and a trust has been violated.

Morality is not attached to a sexual orientation; it's attached to behavior.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The irony of all this "family values" business being strutted about by those abusing little boys.

My favorite is the "family values" guy who told his wife he was divorcing her when she was in the hospital fighting cancer. Now there's a winner for you.
Was that Newt? They are all starting to run together.

Quote:
Clinton, who championed equality, used his power and influence to both sleep with women and keep them quite when the "bimbo brigade" came out in full force in 1992. Liberal feminists were like a deer in headlights...

Rank hypocrisy runs in both parties.

Pedophilia is wrong. So is sexual harassment and the silencing of victims. Something you see over and over in both these cases.
Consensual sex with adult women is not the same as raping little boys. Sorry. The two do not equate.

Old 04-10-2016, 02:29 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post

Consensual sex with adult women is not the same as raping little boys. Sorry. The two do not equate.
What he did is vile and reprehensible but these were not little boys, all were in high school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies