Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2016, 12:18 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,117,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Oh please, your spin is so fake. There aren't supposed to be "consequences" for expressing an opinion.
Lol since when? You are entitled to your opinion but you aren't entitled for people to smile and pat you on the back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2016, 12:20 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Does that include "claiming" to be transgender in order to have access to and/or use opposite-gender facilities?
What's to stop people from cross-dressing and doing this right now? Absolutely nothing. If someone is intent on harming another they are perfectly capable of doing so, and always have been.

Transgender people do NOT want to call attention to themselves when they need to use the restroom, precisely because they fear harm from people who think as you do, and who, out of ignorance, lump them in with molesters. They simply want to take care of a very human need and get on with their lives without being harassed or harmed. There's nothing nefarious about it outside of the over active imaginations of small-minded people.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:20 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,718,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes, the snowflakes cannot handle anyone being rationally moral. They will use force instead of the reason of one's own mind. The truth hurt to bad to counter with reason, so force was the only option in the arsenal of free will and free thinking.
So true....and so well put.

What it has come to today is....well....I'm living it and still can't believe it. Not in my worst nightmares did I ever see my country mutating into an asylum where you don't dare reveal your sanity/normalcy.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:30 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times
Good is bad and bad is good... why should we all make a concession for the small number of people , making the rest of the population conform?

Old 04-22-2016, 12:31 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,371,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yeah, good idea to re-write what you initially said. Smart move on your part. Try to engage in a discussion like an adult.

Anyways, what you don't seem to grasp is it all falls under a specific company's code of conduct.

It doesn't matter if it wasn't addressed to a specific person or to a group of people.

And it doesn't matter if it happened on or off the clock. Your employment and the code of conduct/ethics you follow don't only apply when you clock in.

And it doesn't matter if it's only posted on social media. Your social media account is a representation of you, and you are a representation of your employer.

Not difficult stuff.

It's interesting that you decided to edit your post, because you probably knew what you said could carry consequences, based on the rules of City-Data.

Interesting how that works.

I didn't edit anything.

You were trying to claim that no one was complaining when a woman wrote cops are pigs on a cop's coffee cup and trying to paint it as the same thing as what happened with Schilling:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I also guarantee you none of these posters complaining said a word when a black girl was fired from her job when she wrote "pig" on a cop's drive thru order.

I responded with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
Not even CLOSE to being the same thing!
One was a comment on Facebook, directed at no one individual in particular on his own time.
The other was a woman AT HER JOB, who singled out and insulted a police officer personally.

While we are on the subject.. if this is the precedent, I guess it would be equally OK for employers to start looking at Facebook and Twitter for Black Lives Matter type posts and fire people over those. There already have been people fired for anti-BLM tweets, perhaps the reverse should happen as well. 
I have a feeling most liberals would be up in arms over that

Old 04-22-2016, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
What's to stop people from cross-dressing and doing this right now? Absolutely nothing. If someone is intent on harming another they are perfectly capable of doing so, and always have been.

Transgender people do NOT want to call attention to themselves when they need to use the restroom, precisely because they fear harm from people who think as you do, and who, out of ignorance, lump them in with molesters. They simply want to take care of a very human need and get on with their lives without being harassed or harmed. There's nothing nefarious about it outside of the over active imaginations of small-minded people.

Transgender people are maybe 0.5% of the population. Women are more then HALF of the population. How about the women who have been victims of assault or sexually abused in the past who won't feel comfortable knowing that perverts will be empowered to abuse these laws?

Sexual Assault Victims on Transgender Bathroom Policies

But once again... it's about appeasing and bending over backwards to accommodate 0.5% of the population at the expense of the rest.

...and if you point it out, question it or disagree in any way, you are a bigot, a hater, a transphobe or whatever other perjorative the left throws at you.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:46 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Transgender people are maybe 0.5% of the population. Women are more then HALF of the population. How about the women who have been victims of assault or sexually abused in the past who won't feel comfortable knowing that perverts will be empowered to abuse these laws?

Sexual Assault Victims on Transgender Bathroom Policies

But once again... it's about appeasing and bending over backwards to accommodate 0.5% of the population at the expense of the rest.

...and if you point it out, question it or disagree in any way, you are a bigot, a hater, a transphobe or whatever other perjorative the left throws at you.
Trans are actually down around .03%, according to sources I've seen. The issue isn't specifically trannies. The issue is that these laws mean ANY man can use any women's facilities at any time. All they have to do is claim to be trannie. And there can be no repercussions for doing so. It's not like you get a membership card to the Tranny union to prove you're a member. According to LGBTQect, gender is "fluid". Meaning someone can be straight and normal in the morning and trans in the afternoon. I suspect the number of men that would exploit this far outnumbers the "real" trans.

But heck, lets just ignore the 50% of the population that might be put at risk for the convenience of a tiny group. A group that in the vast majority of cases has access to "family" or singe person facilities if they were willing to use them.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:48 PM

9,828 posts, read 9,416,286 times
Quote:
You should, but that won't happen. It's all about making 0.5% of the population comfortable at the expense of the other 99.5%
The tyranny of the majority argument. Sound reasoning from our resident reichwingers.

Let's face it, conservatives understand ONE amendment, the 2nd. The rest (including the 1st) may as well be written in Klingon.

Old 04-22-2016, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Trans are actually down around .03%, according to sources I've seen. The issue isn't specifically trannies. The issue is that these laws mean ANY man can use any women's facilities at any time. All they have to do is claim to be trannie. And there can be no repercussions for doing so. It's not like you get a membership card to the Tranny union to prove you're a member. I suspect the number of men that would exploit this far outnumbers the "real" trans.

Exactly! I've never said transgendered would be the problem, it's the people abusing these laws.

The number of male perverts and women who will be made uncomfortable by potentially sharing facilities with them FAR outnumbers .03%

Old 04-22-2016, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
The tyranny of the majority argument. Sound reasoning from our resident reichwingers.

Let's face it, conservatives understand ONE amendment, the 2nd. The rest (including the 1st) may as well be written in Klingon.
Too bad I'm not a conservative.
Oh.. and I don't watch Fox news, listen to Rush Limbaugh and I don't own any guns.
Plus I'm atheist, so I'm not a religious nut

Any more assumptions?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies