Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2016, 11:25 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,391,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Simply amazing. Again, can you tell me how many advanced degrees you hold in science and how many papers you have published in the scientific literature? Yes- that's right- ZERO (and it shows). Stop making a fool of yourself.
Can you tell me how many advanced degrees you hold in any EARTH sciences field and how many papers on climate related science or ANY related EARTH science area you have published in the scientific literature? Yes- that's right- ZERO (and it shows). Even more, it shows that you haven't ever bothered even reading the basics yet you claim 'expertise'. Please, don't stop making a fool of yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2016, 11:51 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,135,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
Good thing you don't rely on writing pretend 'college papers'...oh wait. You do.
I wrote the college papers. You would not understand them. They are above your intelligence level. As is almost anything above 1st grade.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:14 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,447,174 times
This is not news, and it doesn't change the fact that pumping the atmosphere with CO2 for centuries will have consequences.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:45 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
You better build dikes if you believe in global warming. Even the Tanaka Foundation, a bunch of global alarmists, acknowledge that to reduce fossil fuel consumption requires "a level of international cooperation unprecedented in human history".

Quote:
Geo-engineering Climate Change

The Tamaki Foundation

On our present course, carbon dioxide will increase in the atmosphere to such an extent that by the middle of this century the global food supply will be diminished by global warming through reductions in crop yields (due to increasing temperature) and decreased water security (for irrigation and consumption). These climate stresses will be greatest in the tropics and subtropics – places where today over a billion people already suffer from food insecurity, and where population is expected to almost double by 2050.

The space based mirrors might work. Can we do it now? It is May and Houston is warming up.

The real solution to global warming is to dramatically reduce the amount of fossil fuel that is burned, but that solution involves a level of international cooperation that would be unprecedented in human history and key statesmen and governments do not consider this a realistic scenario. As such, engineers and scientists in the US (who developed the Star Wars Defense System and the scenarios for how climate would be affected by a global nuclear war) are seriously considering "geoengineering" solutions to global warming, ranging from fertilizing the ocean to increase the marine food chain so that it takes up more carbon dioxide from the atmosphere (thereby disrupting the very foundation of the global food chain) to space-based mirrors that would deflect enough sunlight away from the Earth to cancel out the warming due to the increased carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
Local governments are going to have to address the issue. History has taught us that there is no global political solution.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:48 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,422,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
You better build dikes if you believe in global warming. Even the Tanaka Foundation, a bunch of global alarmists, acknowledge that to reduce fossil fuel consumption requires "a level of international cooperation unprecedented in human history".
Actually we could pop a few nukes in Nevada and get immediate results with no reduction in consumption.

Old 05-01-2016, 12:54 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Actually we could pop a few nukes in Nevada and get immediate results with no reduction in consumption.
Geoengineering is the only possible solution if a problem developed. I might listen to the global warming loons if their "solutions" would accomplish anything more then ship jobs to Asia and tax consumers who ultimately pay the bill.

Old 05-01-2016, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I wrote the college papers. You would not understand them. They are above your intelligence level. As is almost anything above 1st grade.
Sure you did. Here's the thread you made your initial claim of 'researching for a college paper on global warming':
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...curity-21.html

You even claimed you got an 'A'. Or was it an A+?
So it's "paper(s)" plural now? More than one on global warming? Goodness me! Did you use the same 'sources' you've posted this forum?

How about copying and pasting the essay questions and the References list from your 'college paper(s)' here? You have a copy of your 'paper(s)' on your computer don't you?

I've asked politely several times. I'm sure we could all learn something from your in depth 'research', even if it's just your cited references.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-01-2016 at 04:54 PM..

Old 05-01-2016, 04:18 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post

Can you tell me how many advanced degrees you hold in any EARTH sciences field and how many papers on climate related science or ANY related EARTH science area you have published in the scientific literature? Yes- that's right- ZERO (and it shows). Even more, it shows that you haven't ever bothered even reading the basics yet you claim 'expertise'. Please, don't stop making a fool of yourself.
How many do you?

Old 05-01-2016, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
How many do you?
My academic qualifications and professional background isn't in any of the earth sciences fields. But I'm not the one claiming more 'expertise' in all the earth sciences fields involved in climate science than all the scientists who are experts in those fields, like you and Hawkeye are doing.

Last edited by Ceist; 05-01-2016 at 04:56 PM..

Old 05-01-2016, 04:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
There is one immutable fact (not theory); the earth heats and cools periodically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies