Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2016, 11:25 PM

32,064 posts, read 15,062,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
That's because Trump has a history of being racist. He has literally said blacks are inherently lazy. He has literally had an apartment complex discriminate against blacks for being black. His former senior political aide was an overt racist who called black children the n-word!

AND he's proposing to steal trillions in oil from Iraqi allies, AND he wants to ban Muslim immigration.

So yeah, Democrats do think Trump is legitimately racist, and polls show that 17% of his supporters openly believe that increased racial diversity in this country makes the country worse. Something only 3% of Clinton supporters believe.

Given the circumstances, Democrats are not going to hold Obama to the same standard they hold Trump to, because Obama has objectively set a higher standard than Trump.
Trump isn't a racist and I don't know any democrat who thinks he is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2016, 11:27 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
So because of his quote, and me pointing out how racist and divisive it is, I am a closet racist?
It's not racist.

He's not telling a class of people - white people or others - NOT to vote. He's not trying to banish different creeds and ethnicities, like Trump is. He is pushing the premise that more young and black people - more people reflective of diverse backgrounds - should vote. And yes, some of those demographics can benefit liberal policies more than others. There is no secret about that...but the same is true for conservatives. It's no secret that white men, particularly middle and lower class economically, are the base of Trump's support; that's who he is speaking to, and he makes no secret of it.

You're mustering up some bluster around something that really isn't there. If you squint hard and twist up some straw man premises into it, I can see where you get to what you're saying... but I don't think anything in Obama's policies or words really bear out the premise you claim.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:31 PM

501 posts, read 361,841 times
Quote:
Great, so we agree, he shouldn't say things that could easily be interpreted as racist.

And I'm not a Republican, I'm a Libertarian, so your quote in the other post about holding people to different standards goes against my beliefs, EVERYONE should be held to the same standards.
Ah I see. you're a Libertarian. No wonder you don't understand human beings.

Sorry that was a low blow. But seriously. Do you really think that Trump and Obama should be held to the same standards considering everything I've put forth here?

On one hand, Trump openly advocates war crimes and bigoted immigration policies, has an open history of racial discrimination against non-whites, and somehow you STILL think that Trump and Obama should be held to the same standard? I mean at a certain point that's really a ridiculous position to hold, don't you think?

In human society, if I see some white guy with a black wife and half of his friends are black, versus some white guy with no black friends, no black wife, I think it's safe to say most people are going to see the first guy as probably more friendly and tolerant towards blacks. Doesn't that just make sense to you? Because it really should.

Old 05-07-2016, 11:37 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,977,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shihku7 View Post
Ah I see. you're a Libertarian. No wonder you don't understand human beings.

Sorry that was a low blow. But seriously. Do you really think that Trump and Obama should be held to the same standards considering everything I've put forth here?

On one hand, Trump openly advocates war crimes and bigoted immigration policies, has an open history of racial discrimination against non-whites, and somehow you STILL think that Trump and Obama should be held to the same standard? I mean at a certain point that's really a ridiculous position to hold, don't you think?

In human society, if I see some white guy with a black wife and half of his friends are black, versus some white guy with no black friends, no black wife, I think it's safe to say most people are going to see the first guy as probably more friendly and tolerant towards blacks. Doesn't that just make sense to you? Because it really should.
Funny, you seem more like a Trump supporter with that first comment. "Im not going to call x person x name...I just wont" Pathetic, no matter how cute you think it is.

And now, I don't judge people based on if they have friends or significant others of a particular race. Plenty of people don't grow up or live in environments that are super diverse, so its not a highly likely scenario for some people.

Old 05-08-2016, 12:04 AM

501 posts, read 361,841 times
But you get that Trump and Obama have both lived in highly diverse environments. Trump has lived in NYC forever, and NYC is one of the most diverse places in human history, and somehow managed to come to really bigoted viewpoints, and associate with some very racist people.

Obama has lived in Hawaii, Chicago, and now Washington DC. He's half white himself. His mom was white and that's who raised him. But you still think he has something against white people based on this statement? It's not much to go on, is all I'm saying.

Old 05-08-2016, 01:33 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Sorry you had to deal with a congress that you think was elected by us ill advised white dummies that clearly only want bad things for everyone, Mr. President. Looking forward to your retirement, jerk.

But the result speaks for itself - an obstructionist Congress that just wants to sabotage government.

If the objective wasn't obstruction, then why the f**k vote for obstructionists???

Old 05-08-2016, 02:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
In another pointless "lets bash Obama" thread lets not forget =
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me.../promise-kept/

PCTC* | The List of 350 Obama Accomplishments so far, With Citations

Old 05-08-2016, 03:05 AM

1,077 posts, read 1,396,408 times
If Obama was the racist that some claim he is, from day one he creates a secret hit squad and influential members of white hate groups in America dropped like flies ever since, resulting in a significant decline in membership of such groups due to the real consequences of death. Instead, there's been a dramatic rise in membership of such groups since Obama became president because it doesn't come with fear.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:03 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,740,494 times
Quote:
So with all of the questionable comments that Trump gets beat up over, how does what Obama said at Howard University today not get him accused of being a racist and divisive?
Obama - our Racist-In-Chief and the Great Divider. He has united nothing and nobody. He has fanned the flames of racism and division more than any President in our history. He pits rich vs poor, white vs black, educated vs uneducated, gun owners vs non gun owners, Christians vs Muslims, etc.

Old 05-08-2016, 05:19 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Obama - our Racist-In-Chief and the Great Divider. He has united nothing and nobody. He has fanned the flames of racism and division more than any President in our history. He pits rich vs poor, white vs black, educated vs uneducated, gun owners vs non gun owners, Christians vs Muslims, etc.

Obama alone did all that?

He is quite the President indeed.

And no, all the right-wing media was calling for peace and unity during his term; and the Tea Party was happily working across the isle, and guys like Trump were not calling him a Muslim. Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies