Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2008, 11:53 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,733,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern Roamer View Post
Really... what would happen if homosexuals were allowed to marry? If you oppose it, why?
Ill support it as soon a polygamy is made legal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 12:15 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
By the way "Buddhists" are all anti-LGBT Homosexual Lesbian Activity.
That's not true, some believe it falls within sexual misconduct, but others feel if no harm is done to others and it is an honorable relationship between two people it should be left alone. Buddhists are opposed to discrimination.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:17 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
I think that is a valid point, it's something I have thought about myself, but maybe it's a topic for a new thread.

Old 03-10-2008, 12:27 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
I see nothing wrong with gay marriage whatsoever. Gay people should have the same right to be as miserable as the rest of us.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:49 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoaminRed View Post
Tell me, oh please do, just how you justify calling homosexuality a "sexual deviation"? Also please please tell me just how you think two men being in love with each other or two women being in love with each other hurts YOUR FAMILY and YOUR MARRIAGE. Tell me, I really want to know just how ignorance like this is propagated.

I feel so damned sorry for your six (!!) kids, growing up in a household of ignorance and oppression. Guess what, though? There's at least a one in ten chance that at least one of your kids IS GAY. I hope to hell they aren't though, not because being gay is wrong or deviant, but because having a parent like you is why gay teens have such a high incidence of suicide.

Would Jesus Discriminate? - Jesus said some are born gay
Jesus never once said that eunuchs were homosexual , now eunuchs didn't
have manly features as other men did because theirs testicles were cut off , they were castrated , and anyone being castrated couldn't acheive or
maintain a genital erection or "enjoy" sexual activity , and for that's reason they were called eunuchs. Eunuchs are not "sexual diviatants" because they can not have sexual relationships with anyone , Homosexuals are "sexual diviatants" because a male sexual genitalial and another male sexual genitalial are not compatible and a female sexual genitalial and another female sexual
genitalial also are not sexuality compatible or linable.

Homosexual "Domestic Partnerships" and "Civil Unions" does not have any effect on my "Hetersexual Marriage" , but "Homosexual Marriage" does because the term "Marriage is a seal of approval from GOD and Society that
the "Sexual Relationship" that you are in is "Approval Of And Sactioned" by
GOD and Society.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:13 PM

1,126 posts, read 2,693,161 times
Because every straight person would be forced to convert to homosexuality and marry another of the same sex!

Old 03-10-2008, 03:22 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
By the way "Buddhists" are all anti-LGBT Homosexual Lesbian Activity.
Excuse me?! Where in the world did you get that information?

Buddhists are against random sex but certainly not against anything in a loving relationship.
There is no such buddhist anti-gay stance.

Old 03-10-2008, 07:38 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
You've made this point several times, I've noticed. Would you mind explaining the logic?

Old 03-10-2008, 07:57 PM

566 posts, read 603,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
You've made this point several times, I've noticed. Would you mind explaining the logic?
I, too, am very interested in this explaination.

Old 03-10-2008, 08:59 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,750,800 times
Quote:
Jesus never once said that eunuchs were homosexual , now eunuchs didn't
have manly features as other men did because theirs testicles were cut off , they were castrated , and anyone being castrated couldn't acheive or
maintain a genital erection or "enjoy" sexual activity , and for that's reason they were called eunuchs. Eunuchs are not "sexual diviatants" because they can not have sexual relationships with anyone , Homosexuals are "sexual diviatants" because a male sexual genitalial and another male sexual genitalial are not compatible and a female sexual genitalial and another female sexual
genitalial also are not sexuality compatible or linable.

Homosexual "Domestic Partnerships" and "Civil Unions" does not have any effect on my "Hetersexual Marriage" , but "Homosexual Marriage" does because the term "Marriage is a seal of approval from GOD and Society that
the "Sexual Relationship" that you are in is "Approval Of And Sactioned" by
GOD and Society.
Jesus had nothing to say about enuchs and he had nothing to say about homosexuality. Many people try to stretch his comment n the book of Luke in Chapter 17 when Jesus discusses the second coming with his disciples. Jesus claims, "I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left." I've seen many a preacher try to stretch parable to say that Jesus was addressing homosexuality, but ask them why, if the two men in the bed were homosexuals, was one raptured and the other left behind? They've got no answer for that one.

Marriage was not invented by Christians. I hate to be the one to break it to you, but marriages were occuring long before the advent of Christianity--thus marriage is simply a convention in which two people engage in order to formalize a loving relationship, or in some cases, a business arrangement. It is NOT a "seal of approval" from your sky daddy.

Lastly, I'll thank you not to speak for all of "Society" of which I am a part. I know many people and I'm happy to say that none of them espouse the narrow-minded fundamentalist view you are promoting in this post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies