Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 03:58 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
I read your "post" and highlighted the part of it I responded to in red. It remains a scandalous lie and I call you out to retract and apologize to America for your SLANDER. Since you didn't even note that I had highlighted in Red the phrase I responded to, it is obvious that you are the one that didn't read.
"What happened instead was a continued effort through most of the 20th century to ensure that the black community could never achieve equality, even as a separate entity."

Sorry, that's the truth. And I was there to personally witness part of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2016, 04:24 PM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Well I'll second propulser's objection to what you wrote. Dems / libs and even republicans have instituted many programs to help blacks succeed - even ill conceived ones like Ebonics which to me was more of an insult to them.

I believe that crime does have a relation to poverty - but the breakdown of the family unit to me is the biggest contributor.
Most black families I know have 2 parents who are hardworking and instill values in their kids. Back in the day, I worked at the hospital with a few single black mothers who took no BS, expected respect and good grades from their kids ect.. but we'd often talk about other kids in their neighborhoods - who's single moms just didn't give a wooden nickel. Kids are kids and want to be accepted - and these moms I knew had their hands full keeping their own children on the straight and narrow. I give them the utmost respect and their children grew up as responsible adults.

The lack of structure, parental involvement, drugs - where you can make more $$ selling than by actually working, and the fact that the music culture so heavily influences these kids has added to the divide. Heck their idols are former convicts and drug dealers - now rappers.

Obama and his friends could have had a much greater influence by demonstrating the self worth achievements that can be made rather than liking a hoodlum as someone who could have been his son.

Old 05-10-2016, 04:32 PM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Well I'll second propulser's objection to what you wrote. Dems / libs and even republicans have instituted many programs to help blacks succeed - even ill conceived ones like Ebonics which to me was more of an insult to them.

I believe that crime does have a relation to poverty - but the breakdown of the family unit to me is the biggest contributor.
Most black families I know have 2 parents who are hardworking and instill values in their kids. Back in the day, I worked at the hospital with a few single black mothers who took no BS, expected respect and good grades from their kids ect.. but we'd often talk about other kids in their neighborhoods - who's single moms just didn't give a wooden nickel. Kids are kids and want to be accepted - and these moms I knew had their hands full keeping their own children on the straight and narrow. I give them the utmost respect and their children grew up as responsible adults.

The lack of structure, parental involvement, drugs - where you can make more $$ selling than by actually working, and the fact that the music culture so heavily influences these kids has added to the divide. Heck their idols are former convicts and drug dealers - now rappers.

Obama and his friends could have had a much greater influence by demonstrating the self worth achievements that can be made rather than liking a hoodlum as someone who could have been his son.
There seems to be some basic math deficiency in understanding what "most of the 20th century" means.

Old 05-10-2016, 05:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post

If it weren't so sad it would actually be funny watching all this angst over the black problem in America and the migrant problem in Europe, by Americans who have been left for dead by the 1% but have too much white privilege to even realize they have been gut shot and are bleeding to death as we speak. Bye!

Old 05-10-2016, 06:27 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
... had white society actually treated blacks with the level of "benign neglect"--that is, true "separate but equal" status-- enjoyed by Asians during the 20th century, the situation would have been very much different. What happened instead was a continued effort through most of the 20th century to ensure that the black community could never achieve equality, even as a separate entity.

Excellent point, blacks would achieve at the same level as Asians if only the white man would stop keeping them down! We see so much evidence for this outside the United States. Just look to the continents of Africa and Asia and countries where blacks and Asians are able to run their affairs without interference from whites. There is no difference in the level of accomplishment! Go to Zimbabwe and see what Africans have accomplished since ridding themselves of the white menace. Seoul and Tokyo have nothing on Harare.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:06 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
I don't believe you need a high IQ to do things like mathematics or understand science which are the most complicated careers you can have
And believing something is what matters, facts be damned, especially when it comes to math and science.

Old 05-10-2016, 09:40 PM

788 posts, read 512,784 times
Quote:
"What happened instead was a continued effort through most of the 20th century to ensure that the black community could never achieve equality, even as a separate entity."

I've been around to see JFK in Dallas, and before, so I've pretty-much seen it all.

But you are correct to an extent - there was one faction of America that attempted to keep blacks from achieving success, and that had that as their central theme. Faction was, and continues to be, the Democrat Party.

Old 05-11-2016, 03:17 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I'm getting a little annoyed with this constant conflation of Black with Hispanic and Asian with White. There is nothing inherently "similar" between blacks and latinos. Or between white and asian for that matter. It should, in fact, concern white people more that in many coveted job titles Asians outcompete whites by a huge factor. But that's not my fight. It does concern me that many employers only hire Hispanics, and if you don't think that it takes employment to create wealth and escape poverty well it might explain the existence of threads like this.

"It should, in fact, concern white people more that in many coveted job titles Asians outcompete whites by a huge factor."

Good on them!

Jews are wealthier and better educated than other whites.

Good on them too!

Care to guess what Asians and Jews have in common?

Old 05-11-2016, 03:55 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:

The "black community" is composed of many individuals making independent choices.

Those choices are not the result of a grand conspiracy by whites to prevent blacks achieving equality.

The choice to consistently score low on standardized tests like the SAT is a choice to inadequately prepare for the test ahead of time.

How does any white person prevent a black test taker from preparing for a test?

How does a white person keep a black father away from his children and the mother of his children if he is committed to being a dedicated father?

How does a white person cause a black male to kill another black male?

What prevents blacks from achieving equality is black behavior.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:55 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,933,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The choice to consistently score low on standardized tests like the SAT is ahoice to inadequately prepare for the test ahead of time.
Or is it possibly an under-performing middle school? You know, the ones that don't pass the most lenient of building codes and whose yearly budget is less than the monthly budget of the white school in the next district?

Quote:
How does any white person prevent a black test taker from preparing for a test?
Maybe by issuing two week suspensions for stupid school stuff that everyone does but only the black kids get suspended for? Just a couple of those in one term could put a student hopelessly behind schedule.

Quote:
How does a white person keep a black father away from his children and the mother of his children if he is committed to being a dedicated father?
I don't know... "25 to life" is pretty persuasive. This obssession with black single mothers should stop. There are FAR more white single mothers for all kinds of reasons... divorce being number one, but also suicide, illness, accident... there are TONS more white single mothers than black ones because there are TONS more white mothers period. If being a single mother was a fatal condition the white race would be extinct! So enough. Please. Thank you.

Quote:
How does a white person cause a black male to kill another black male?
You've got me there <hangs head>... but... (see below)

Quote:
What prevents blacks from achieving equality is black behavior.
How you get there from your setup is total FAIL. I'm not going to convince you, armed as you are with your stockpile of canned race baited tropes. I will just repeat my new mantra: "enjoy the superiority while it lasts". Although not obvious to those with blinders, the arcs that define overall longevity and success for the major groups in America are rising for all, except the one for middle and lower middle class whites. Unless I way miss my guess, that would be the one that most closely aligns with the typical C-D conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies