Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 02:07 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,228,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
"Orlando represented Hillary’s worst nightmare because it placed her in a position in which she had either to call this attack a product of radical Islam or publicly sell out the LGBT community in an effort to appease the Muslim community. "

In addition, this Islamist was a registered DEMOCRAT.

Orlando Highlights Democrats Unwillingness to Call a Spade a Spade - Breitbart
I wonder if you feel as strongly about the important of the KKK guy who endorsed Trump as you do about this shooter being a Democrat. Since you're not a hypocritical ass hat, I'm sure they're both quite alarming to you...

But the highly esteemed Breitbart raises a good question. Not one they meant to raise, but a good one all the same. What exactly is the difference between a mass shooting and an act of terror? Now, Breitbart has better things to do than answer this surprisingly profound question, like wondering why Hillary didn't pack her tweet with 127 characters of conservative talking points, but I think it's one we should all be thinking about. Because it seems the only actual different this article attempted to allude to was that it was a Muslim. That is a Muslims commits a mass shooting, it terrorism. If it's anyone else, it's just a shooting. Why though?

Is it really inconceivable that a Muslim would simply act violently without some hidden agenda. I mean, sure, he probably did it because he hates gay people. Hyper religious zealots have a thing about that. But as far as I'm concerned, hating something for religious reasons is not different than just hating something for no reason at all. Or having serious mental breakdowns resulting in severe tendencies for violence. The Columbine kids expressed a great deal of hatred for their peers. Is the only reason that's not terrorism is because it can't be pegged onto any ideology? Because that sounds insane.

I guess my final question is this: has there even been a mass shooting that couldn't be described as an act of terrorism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 02:08 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,147,065 times
Quote:
Riiiiiight... that's why Sunnis, Sufis, Shiites and everyone else are living in utter peace and harmony on the other side of the globe.

Islam is Islam. Islam has a big problem. There is no room in the western world for a death cult that would see to it that we regress 1000 years into the past.
I never said they were all pacifists.

But they're not causing nearly as many problems as Wahhabists do. For the most part, they fight amongst each other in their home countries.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:09 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What legal hoops did he jump to carry a gun? He had a job with a security firm that contracts out to places including on federal contracts. I'm guessing they ran his name through a data base and maybe had him take a class on gun safety and/or use. Big deal. The hoops obviously weren't high enough.
The hoops for people like Clinton, Sanders and President Obama will never be high enough.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:09 PM

2,903 posts, read 3,459,436 times
No, liberals will first pause in respect and sadness for the fifty deam and their loved ones. Then they will figure out how to more effectively counter these animals. Republicans? Shoot, they don't care about the dead and all they really do care about is how it helps or hurts their ideology. That's all that matters, with them. I don't know at what key point the right wing went off the rails and started hating America, but hate it they do!

Old 06-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 16 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,981,010 times
Quote:
"Orlando represented Hillary’s worst nightmare because it placed her in a position in which she had either to call this attack a product of radical Islam or publicly sell out the LGBT community in an effort to appease the Muslim community. "

Can you say, "See, I told you so."....?

Old 06-12-2016, 02:12 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
No, liberals will first pause in respect and sadness for the fifty deam and their loved ones. Then they will figure out how to more effectively counter these animals. Republicans? Shoot, they don't care about the dead and all they really do care about is how it helps or hurts their ideology. That's all that matters, with them. I don't know at what key point the right wing went off the rails and started hating America, but hate it they do!
Try to keep up with reality.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:15 PM

Quote:

Where in this article does it state and prove the terrorist was a registered Democrat? Where?

Old 06-12-2016, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Can you say, "See, I told you so."....?

Sure can: I told you you'd be wrong, and you are.

Quote:

Where in this article does it state and prove the terrorist was a registered Democrat? Where?

Old 06-12-2016, 02:18 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,602,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
I wonder if you feel as strongly about the important of the KKK guy who endorsed Trump as you do about this shooter being a Democrat. Since you're not a hypocritical ass hat, I'm sure they're both quite alarming to you...

But the highly esteemed Breitbart raises a good question. Not one they meant to raise, but a good one all the same. What exactly is the difference between a mass shooting and an act of terror? Now, Breitbart has better things to do than answer this surprisingly profound question, like wondering why Hillary didn't pack her tweet with 127 characters of conservative talking points, but I think it's one we should all be thinking about. Because it seems the only actual different this article attempted to allude to was that it was a Muslim. That is a Muslims commits a mass shooting, it terrorism. If it's anyone else, it's just a shooting. Why though?

Is it really inconceivable that a Muslim would simply act violently without some hidden agenda. I mean, sure, he probably did it because he hates gay people. Hyper religious zealots have a thing about that. But as far as I'm concerned, hating something for religious reasons is not different than just hating something for no reason at all. Or having serious mental breakdowns resulting in severe tendencies for violence. The Columbine kids expressed a great deal of hatred for their peers. Is the only reason that's not terrorism is because it can't be pegged onto any ideology? Because that sounds insane.

I guess my final question is this: has there even been a mass shooting that couldn't be described as an act of terrorism?
The KKK guy who endorsed Trump later changed his mind and endorses Hillary. Don't be disingenuous.
- KKK has given $20K to Hillary Clinton's campaign: Klan leader - Washington Times
- Ku Klux Klan Grand Dragon Will Quigg Endorses Hillary Clinton for President | US News

The KKK love southern democrats. So does the westboro baptist church. Fred Phelps was a very staunch democrat.

Things aren't looking very good for your party, my liberal friend.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:20 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,602,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
The very last paragraph if you were to have actually read the article.
"Trump has answered that question, Hillary & Democrats refuse to. But then there is a reason Mateen was a registered Democrat."

also, here : Orlando Shooting Suspect Identified As Omar Mateen, Registered Democrat Of Afghan Descent With Firearm License » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies