Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 02:23 PM

10,033 posts, read 9,513,888 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
No, liberals will first pause in respect and sadness for the fifty deam and their loved ones. Then they will figure out how to more effectively counter these animals. Republicans? Shoot, they don't care about the dead and all they really do care about is how it helps or hurts their ideology. That's all that matters, with them. I don't know at what key point the right wing went off the rails and started hating America, but hate it they do!
BS and sickest post of the day.... The animal was a registered democrat. Both dems and repubs are outraged. I'm not sick and twisted enough to blame one side or the other for the acts of some religious extremist or accuse them of taking advantage of the situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 02:23 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,741,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
He likely followed Wahhabism. If, like the San Bernardino terrorist, he flirted at all with DAESH, then that's even more likely.

Most other branches of Islam do not condone this.

Sufi Islam, for example, supports jihad, but their definition of "jihad" is to simply preach and talk about it. Basically to perhaps knock on people's doors like Mormons do.

They do not allow killing of innocent people.

https://youtu.be/_os6slCYgSw

EDIT:

Apparently he does have ties to DAESH. So that confirms he's indeed yet another Wahhabi terrorist.
Stop with the lecturing. For Peres sake, jihad simply means 'the struggle'. There is an internal and external variant.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:24 PM

596 posts, read 428,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What legal hoops did he jump to carry a gun? He had a job with a security firm that contracts out to places including on federal contracts. I'm guessing they ran his name through a data base and maybe had him take a class on gun safety and/or use. Big deal. The hoops obviously weren't high enough.
What additional hoops would have prevented this? No Muslims allowed to own guns? No registered Democrats allowed to own guns? No people with Brown skin allowed to own guns? How many "hoops"?

Old 06-12-2016, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
No, liberals will first pause in respect and sadness for the fifty deam and their loved ones. Then they will figure out how to more effectively counter these animals. Republicans? Shoot, they don't care about the dead and all they really do care about is how it helps or hurts their ideology. That's all that matters, with them. I don't know at what key point the right wing went off the rails and started hating America, but hate it they do!
I thought I had read the most idiotic statement earlier. I stand corrected.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What legal hoops did he jump to carry a gun? He had a job with a security firm that contracts out to places including on federal contracts. I'm guessing they ran his name through a data base and maybe had him take a class on gun safety and/or use. Big deal. The hoops obviously weren't high enough.
Another pointless 'blame the gun' argument.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:31 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Stop with the lecturing. For Peres sake, jihad simply means 'the struggle'. There is an internal and external variant.
My apologies, I didn't mean to disrupt your ignorance.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:40 PM

Quote:
No you basically just showed yours.

Run to wiki to get the definition... Look up tawid while you are at it.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:44 PM

1,705 posts, read 1,602,001 times
Quote:
All factions of Islam are a scourge upon the earth. Islam destroys and corrodes everything it touches. Look at the Middle East and North Africa.
Also, if you are an American who converted to Islam, you are nothing but a traitor who stands against Western Values.

Last edited by SageCats; 06-12-2016 at 03:07 PM..

Old 06-12-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
No you basically just showed yours.

Run to wiki to get the definition... Look up tawid while you are at it.
I know the literal definition of jihad, thanks.

I'm talking about how different branches of Islam generally put it into practice.

Old 06-12-2016, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
All factions of Islam are a scourge upon the earth. Islam destroys and corrodes everything it touches. Look at the Middle East and North Africa.
Also, if you are an American who converted to Islam, you are nothing but a traitor who stands against Western Values.
**** Islam and **** Allah. Allah is a pig.
The Middle East and North Africa is not our problem. We need to protect our own borders, and that's it. We have plenty of born Americans to worry about.

And no, I'm not Muslim. You're likely confusing me with someone else. I was born Jewish and am now agnostic, looking into Buddhism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies