Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 02:52 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlfieBoy View Post
No, liberals will first pause in respect and sadness for the fifty deam and their loved ones. Then they will figure out how to more effectively counter these animals. Republicans? Shoot, they don't care about the dead and all they really do care about is how it helps or hurts their ideology. That's all that matters, with them. I don't know at what key point the right wing went off the rails and started hating America, but hate it they do!
Oh I get it, you're not serious.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 02:54 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,740,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
I know the literal definition of jihad, thanks.

I'm talking about how different branches of Islam generally put it into practice.
Many in the levant would disagree that only Wahhabis are at fault or 'how the practice'.

One of my countries of origin, Algeria, would definitely disagree as their butchers in the 90s weren't Wahhabis.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:01 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,142,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
Many in the levant would disagree that only Wahhabis are at fault or 'how the practice'.

One of my countries of origin, Algeria, would definitely disagree as their butchers in the 90s weren't Wahhabis.
True. I'm mainly talking about the ones who come to western countries to terrorize people though.

Also, many/most Middle Eastern and North/East African countries are underdeveloped hellholes with a lack of stability, jobs, or basic necessities for residents. So that plays a big role.

I honestly don't think the wars and turmoil in those countries are really about religion, but about resources/power. Religion is just a convenient excuse used to claim entitlement to those things.

I'm 25, and unfortunately I don't see this stopping in my lifetime.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:02 PM

409 posts, read 258,779 times
We have a president who blames terrorist attacks on Youtube videos and global warming.

I mean, what do you expect?

Old 06-12-2016, 03:11 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
True. I'm mainly talking about the ones who come to western countries to terrorize people though.

Also, many/most Middle Eastern and North/East African countries are underdeveloped hellholes with a lack of stability, jobs, or basic necessities for residents. So that plays a big role.

I honestly don't think the wars and turmoil in those countries are really about religion, but about resources/power. Religion is just a convenient excuse used to claim entitlement to those things.

I'm 25, and unfortunately I don't see this stopping in my lifetime.
You hit the nail on the head. Reps to you.

Old 06-12-2016, 04:48 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,314,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageCats View Post
The very last paragraph if you were to have actually read the article.
"Trump has answered that question, Hillary & Democrats refuse to. But then there is a reason Mateen was a registered Democrat."

also, here : Orlando Shooting Suspect Identified As Omar Mateen, Registered Democrat Of Afghan Descent With Firearm License » Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
Alex Jones? Find a credible news source before you embarrass yourself again by posting dibble from that known conspiracy site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
What additional hoops would have prevented this? No Muslims allowed to own guns? No registered Democrats allowed to own guns? No people with Brown skin allowed to own guns? How many "hoops"?
Are you seriously suggesting we take away the 2nd amendment rights for 76 million Muslim-Americans and countless numbers Democrats and blacks? I thought I was past the point where stuff posted on this site could shock me, but I was wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies