Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 03:36 PM

991 posts, read 629,602 times

Advertisements

It's not politics but I thought that some here would like to know?

I am feeling pretty low right now.

Quote:
The 2-year-old boy who witnesses said was pulled by an alligator into a lagoon near a Walt Disney World hotel has been found dead by the Orange County dive team, Sheriff Jerry Demings said at a Wednesday news conference.The body of the boy, Lane Graves, was found intact about 1:45 p.m., not far from where the boy was grabbed Tuesday night, Demings said.
He likely drowned, Demings said.
"Of course, the autopsy has to confirm that, but there is likely no question in my mind that the child was drowned by the alligator," Demings said.
Demings said the body was found in murky water perhaps 10 to 15 yards from where the boy was attacked.
Disney gator attack: 2-year-old Nebraska boy found dead - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2016, 03:46 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
There have been a couple of threads about this today, at least one of which vanished for whatever reason, but the one that is the most active is in the Orlando forum. So unthinkably sad. My heart goes out to the family.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:50 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,924,893 times
Really sad, but I also hope the family sues the butt off Disney. You go to a theme park and pay as much money as people do today, and your 2 year old is killed by one of the attractions?

Old 06-15-2016, 03:57 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Absolutely horrific, I could not even imagine what the parents are going through. I heard on the local news that Disney has teams that actively search for and trap gators near the resort. Maybe they need to look into some type of physical barrier to keep the gators out.

Old 06-15-2016, 03:59 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Really sad, but I also hope the family sues the butt off Disney. You go to a theme park and pay as much money as people do today, and your 2 year old is killed by one of the attractions?
"Yeah but John when the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down the pirates don't eat the tourists." ~Jeff Goldblum, Jurassic Park.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:10 PM

991 posts, read 629,602 times
I was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale.

Had a rockpit behind our home that we use to swim in.

We all knew of the gator that lived there but we also knew that a gator wont usually attack an object (or person) that is larger than a small animal.

We use to dive into the water, even when the gator was lazing on the bank, right next to where we were swimming.

It would either ignore us or swim away.
(Lots of neighbors dogs went missing though)

Old 06-15-2016, 04:17 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
There are no words that I have as a Parent and a grandparent. I cannot imagine the pain and even guilt the family must be facing. What do you say at a time of such sorrow. I feel so sorry and upset for the parents, this is something they will never ever forget. My heart does go out to them in this time of such sorrow.

I am glad he was found intact, for the sake of the Parent's, what little comfort does this give them. I cannot imagine their pain, and I ache for this family.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:19 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,733,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epliny View Post
I was born and raised in Fort Lauderdale.

Had a rockpit behind our home that we use to swim in.

We all knew of the gator that lived there but we also knew that a gator wont usually attack an object (or person) that is larger than a small animal.

We use to dive into the water, even when the gator was lazing on the bank, right next to where we were swimming.

It would either ignore us or swim away.
(Lots of neighbors dogs went missing though)
We went on an alligator tour in New Orleans and I was shocked by the number of rope swings and ladders in the water where we were seeing the gators. Clearly at least some of the people in that area knowingly swim in the water with the gators.

The Disney story is heartbreaking. Those poor parents.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:20 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,381,268 times
I don't think any person who has experienced the sheer joy of exploring the world with a two-year-old could remain unaffected by this unspeakable tragedy. I have definitely cried for this family today.

Old 06-15-2016, 04:21 PM

19,220 posts, read 17,105,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
This isn't an attraction and no swimming signs are there for a reason, life periodically comes with instructions and why people continue to choose ignoring them is beyond me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies