Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2016, 11:02 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
Because I believe that you are dishonest.
That's your choice. It still remains evident that you advocate lower standards for women. That's on you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 11:06 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's your choice. It still remains evident that you advocate lower standards for women. That's on you.
Actually, it's on you for believing that I should see eye to eye on standards based on your own self-created metric in the first place. I recognize the high standards and safety statistics already in place because I am a data-driven person, but you've spent dozens of pages making up lies about "low standards" in order to cowardly hide behind your distaste for abortion.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:08 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Colonoscopies are a diagnostic procedure. Abortions are not.
That is not what I asked. I asked what are the complication rates for colonoscopies in Finland.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Actually, it's on you for believing that we see eye to eye on standards in the first place.
Oh, by all means... let's not require women's health care facilities to meet standards that those servicing everyone else has to meet. /heavy sarcasm

Honestly, can you not even take a step back and look at for which you're advocating?

Old 06-29-2016, 11:11 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Oh, by all means... let's not require women's health care facilities to meet standards that those servicing everyone else has to meet. /heavy sarcasm

Honestly, can you not even take a step back and look at for which you're advocating?
Yet "everyone else" does not have to meet those standards including doctors that do D&Cs in office for miscarriages. The EXACT same procedure as an abortion, but they do not have to have admitting privileges or surgical center standards.

Why is that?

Old 06-29-2016, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
That is not what I asked. I asked what are the complication rates for colonoscopies in Finland.
They're not comparable procedures. Colonoscopies are diagnostic tests. Abortions are procedures in which the forcible removal of tissue from an internal organ is the expected result.

Why cloud the issue? Why not just admit that you're good with women's health care having lower standards than everyone else's?

Old 06-29-2016, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Yet "everyone else" does not have to meet those standards including doctors that do D&Cs in office for miscarriages.
You've not provided any proof of such. Furthermore, provide proof that physicians performing D&Cs don't have admitting privileges.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:16 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Quote:

I'm only advocating that you stop trying to fool people with your feigned concern and false rhetoric. You are clearly not pro-choice, which is why no amount of fact-based hard data has been able to shut down your hysterical ranting for over fifty pages. You don't want facts. You want frenzy. So laughably obvious.

Old 06-29-2016, 11:20 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,378,980 times
Quote:
If they're not considered legitimate practitioners by their peers, why should they be allowed to invade women's bodies?
A women's health care clinic in my hometown, which is in fact an ambulatory surgical center, could not obtain admitting privileges for their doctors at ANY city hospital, which was out of compliance with current state law requiring a transfer agreement between the clinic and a local hospital. (Other surgical centers have no such issues obtaining transfer agreements.) The hospitals simply refused to work with the clinic. Up until recently, the state department of health permitted a variance to the requirement based on the written commitment of two local OB-Gyns, who had admitting privileges at the city hospital in my hometown but did not provide care through the clinic, to step in and provide follow-up in the case of complications. The State Department of Health threatened to revoke that variance, which would have spelled the end for the clinic, until yet another physician stepped in and the Department of Health reluctantly agreed to temporarily extend the variance. The local Right to Life organization continues advocating for closure of the clinic and has resorted to all sorts of sneaky tactics, plastering all of the doctor's faces all over town in an effort to incite violence against them. As of the latest developments, the clinic's future still hangs in the balance.

Now, does this seem like a reasonable situation to you? Are the women of my hometown being treated fairly under the law in this situation, given abortion has been legal for forty-three years?

Old 06-29-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
I'm only advocating that you stop trying to fool people with your feigned concern and false rhetoric. You are clearly not pro-choice
Absolutely false. I AM pro-equal treatment.

Why cloud the issue? Why not just admit that you're good with women's health care having lower standards than everyone else's?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies