Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 03:51 PM

8,781 posts, read 9,446,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
Does he not trust the people around there?
Would you if you held any form of celebrity?
You're just a walking money bag and opportunity to those who don't personally know you.

Have you ever had a fence up to segregate your property from your neighbors?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 03:53 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
One wall is supposedly about protecting an entire country...theoretically.

The other wall is protecting a single person's private property.

How anyone can compare the two is beyond me. "Famous" and rich people are targets all the time.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:54 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Really???

Putting a wall around his personal property is somehow equivalent to building a wall along a national border? You're not serious, are you? And you're a realtor?

Oh, yeah, and it's Gateway Pundit again. Double
Half of the population of Florida are realtors. And of course, they all advise you not to put a fence around your property because it will be taken as a sign of great hypocrisy.

Last edited by Enigma777; 06-28-2016 at 04:08 PM..

Old 06-28-2016, 03:57 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post

How anyone can compare the two is beyond me. "Famous" and rich people are targets all the time.
You're talking about people who use the phrase "*******s." What do you expect, logic? Lol

People normally stop calling people "retarded" around grade 5.

Immature and in need of a hobby.

Old 06-28-2016, 03:59 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:

How anyone can compare the two is beyond me.
A wall around the Border protects multiple peoples personal property. A great comparison if you ask me.

Wonder how many guns Mark keeps in his house or does he just use armed guards.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:00 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,783,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Really???

Putting a wall around his personal property is somehow equivalent to building a wall along a national border? You're not serious, are you? And you're a realtor?

Oh, yeah, and it's Gateway Pundit again. Double
While I agree this is a stretch to compare the two... the fact is that if there is no wall and no real enforcement of our borders; there is no national border at all. Right?

He built a wall around HIS property to keep people out of HIS property, for HIS safety.

Shouldn't we be doing the same?

Old 06-28-2016, 04:02 PM

1,790 posts, read 2,050,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
A wall around the Border protects multiple peoples personal property. A great comparison if you ask me.

Around the border? That doesn't even make sense. I think you mean along the border.

This is what we're dealing with, people. lol. If you can't grasp the concept of what you're supporting, good lord.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

Shouldn't we be doing the same?
Considering how much it will cost not only to built it but maintain it over the years? And considering that it won't even work? No. It's idiotic.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:05 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:

Look at the violent crimes that occurred this week and tell me what percentage were rich and famous people.

If walls aren't a relatively good barrier, why are they used at prisons, the WH and rich neighborhoods?

Old 06-28-2016, 04:06 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,280,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post

Sorry, but a country border wall does not compare to a private property one. Not even close. The purposes of both are not the same, regardless of overlap. Nice house, lots of money - crime and stalkers - private wall. Border walls are to supposedly protect the country and citizens in it from "outsiders" stealing taxpayer dollars to plant themselves in the U.S. It isn't necessarily about protecting property.

But might as well make this debate 20 pages long and compare away if it strikes your fancy.

Old 06-28-2016, 04:08 PM

39,199 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Borders are important for territorial sovereignty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies