Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2016, 05:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
We have 162,760 people for every 1 mile of border with Mexico. 30 people per foot. Easy to fathom a secure border at that rate huh? You would like secure borders wouldnt you?

There are 50x's more US troops sitting along a boarder between North & South Korea, than Border Patrol agents along the borders we have with Mexico and Canada.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2016, 05:27 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Who's surprised by the usual liberal double standard? No one, liberals won't even admit it exists.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:28 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
A physical barrier worked in San Diego:

San Diego Fence Provides Lessons in Border Control : NPR

Quote:
Today, Henry is assistant chief of the Border Patrol's San Diego sector. He says apprehensions here are down 95 percent, from 100,000 a year to 5,000 a year, largely because the single strand of cable marking the border was replaced by double — and in some places, triple — fencing.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
But I bet you anything Zuckerberg didn't put up his wall expecting it to keep out determined intruders.
Since seat belts don't save everyone, are they a waste?

Since hospital emergency rooms don't save everyone, should we stop wasting money on them?

Old 06-28-2016, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnp292 View Post
Well, one difference would be the wall around someone's residence is cost effective, and not a billionaire boondoggle.

Another difference is Zuckerbergers wall is apparently actually being built, unlike Trumps imaginary wall which never will be.
I've been agreeing that walls need to go up back when Trump still loved Hilary.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:40 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
I wonder how many armed guards the man employs for personal protection.

Old 06-28-2016, 05:48 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I'll call them hypocrites in a heartbeat. Will you also call Mr. Facebutt a hypocrite?
I don't know who "Mr. Facebutt" is.....

Old 06-28-2016, 06:10 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Not a deterrent at all, plenty of thieves have broken windows to get inside the stores. That's why smart business owners don't leave money in the register overnight. My old boss would put the empty register right in front of the window to tell thieves there's no money there.

Knowing that most cash registers are empty, people started robbing the ATM machines inside the stores. Some of them even drove cars throw the windows, grabbed the machines and ran. That's why those machines now give out tickets instead of real cash, you take that ticket to the cashier and exchange for real money.

So now, those doors and windows are no deterrent. At all.

No one has ever climbed over my parent's wall because a person can get inside by just belling their front gate. Now, if my parents had completely walled off their property and wouldn't let anyone in, then I'm sure people will start climbing over the wall because that'd be the only way in. That's a metaphor here that I hope you'll get.

The highest number that Trump said for the height of the wall is 55 feet. Keep in mind that a fire truck's ladder can reach 105 feet. Basically the coyote can breach the wall if they just get their hands on a fire truck or some other machinery with tall ladder.
I disagree. While people (crooks) can break windows; it clearly shows they are crooks. There is no watering of terms like 'undocumented' workers - they are illegally in this Country once they broke that window or climbed that wall. It's symbolic; if nothing else. But, I do believe, that it will stop the hoards (the invasion). Most do not carry ladders on their backs as they cross the hot wastelands of our Southwest. Even if they did; they still have a long ways down from the other side. If there are areas that still have problems; maybe we could consider a double wall?

As far as your parents property; I have nine neighbors (which includes one bad neighbor). I put up one two hundred and fifty foot log row on the bad neighbors side. He has not crossed over since I put up the log row and that is only five feet high. He can go around the ends of the row; but he would have to trespass through another neighbor's property and then he has two enemies. Fences are a deterrent. With your parents the fence says that this is mine and that is yours - even if they can simply open the gate.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:52 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Mark Suckerburg walls off his mansions, and now is walling off a huge piece of land in Hawaii.
I thought they didn't work.
Anti-Trump Open Borders Advocate Zuckerberg Buys Hawaii Property - Puts Up Wall

Maybe it's to protect all the Syrian refugees he has allowed to squat on his land.

Typical limousine liberal.

bill
I seem to recall that the "Walls don't work" argument was made in the context of illegal immigration across the US-Mexico border, not parcels of residential land.

Old 06-28-2016, 06:55 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Apparently building a fence around private property is identical to building a wall along a country border.....it still wouldn't stop those that wish to come into the country since most people that are here illegally came in through the front door.
That's true but most crimes are committed by illegals who came across the border illegally and not because they over stayed but over staying should also be addressed and a solution find to prevent that from happening.

The main issues with illegals coming across the border is that gangs bring in illegal guns, drugs and ISIS terrorist easily can join the illegals crossing the border.

These types of illegals usually ever came here legal and than over stayed.

I understand that celebraties need to be careful and protected and Zuckerberg may be a target for kidnappers but it is always liberal hypocrisy when they have their mouth full of how others need to think while they themselves don't fall under the same rules.

People in Chicago probably want a wall or some protection to avoid the bullets killing their kids but nobody seem to care about the killings over there to step up and act.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies