Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 11:47 PM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Then why do you want a wall when they can't enforce the laws we already have? Wouldn't the common sense thing be for you to demand enforcing laws rather that blowing money on something useless?

Wall aren't magical barriers, they still need to be maintained and guarded to be remotely effective, which all costs more money.

Enforcing the laws we currently have makes more sense unless you are a Trump supporter, they tend to be void of common sense.
Incredible admission from a Dem. I actually agree with most of your post for once. I personally do not support the Wall but I like the thought that we are going to make an attempt to enforce our laws. The reason we haven't is a collusion between those profiting on cheap labor and the Dems that profit from their votes. Now the threat from 'Extremists (Obama's name for those trying to destroy us),' makes imperative that we do secure our border....it's not just for economic reasons anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 11:50 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Incredible admission from a Dem. I actually agree with most of your post for once. I personally do not support the Wall but I like the thought that we are going to make an attempt to enforce our laws. The reason we haven't is a collusion between those profiting on cheap labor and the Dems that profit from their votes. Now the threat from 'Extremists (Obama's name for those trying to destroy us),' makes imperative that we do secure our border....it's not just for economic reasons anymore.
Illegals can't vote.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:57 PM

30,390 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Illegals can't vote.
But they do...3 or 4 times in Dem controlled precincts plus their dead relatives in Guadalajara get votes in places like Chicago

Old 07-02-2016, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
But they do...3 or 4 times in Dem controlled precincts plus their dead relatives in Guadalajara get votes in places like Chicago
False, it is illegal for illegals to vote and those that get caught get arrested. Why would an illegal want to risk being arrested and deported to vote in an election? I know plenty of right wing media spoon feed you the nonsense that millions and millions of illegals vote, but that is a lie.

Old 07-02-2016, 12:09 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,238,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The fact that they are digging tunnels is proof that walls are effective.
What are you talking about? We don't have a wall!

Using your logic, you could have said: The fact that they are digging tunnels is proof that our current system is effective!

The fact that they are digging tunnels when there is no wall, should be a wake up call that:

1) Tunnels are not that difficult for them to dig.

2) If a wall is ever put up, that just means there will be many more tunnels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Wow, you just swing wildly don't you.

It is documented that $25 billion is being sent to Mexico via services like Western Union. We'd just have those transfers taxes. As far as bank accounts go, they aren't supposed to open checking accounts for illegals.
Einstein, you don't think people will avoid Western Union after a hefty tax is imposed on those transactions??! You ever heard of free will?

Many illegals have family members who are citizens. How easy is it for a citizen to open a checking account and just hand over the ATM card to an illegal family member and say, "Here, this account is all yours!"

Or just mail a money order to Mexico?

Or just send money via PayPal?

Or just take out a US credit card (preferably one without foreign transaction fees) and mail it to one's family back in Mexico for use?

The ways to get around this stupid rule is practically limitless.

Last edited by beb0p; 07-02-2016 at 12:18 AM..

Old 07-02-2016, 06:43 AM

62,992 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Most illegals aren't flying in here they are border jumpers. Why the constant lies? So I guess unless the wall is 100% effective there is no use building it? Links have been provided in here proving that a good wall is a deterrant to most.

We all want the employers who hire them stopped but until e-verify is mandated in every workplace that's not going to happen. It isn't only those seeking work that are getting into our country either but criminals and terrorists and they have no interest in jobs. Removing the job incentive, benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids will stop the former and the wall would also help deter them and the latter group.

Old 07-02-2016, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most illegals aren't flying in here they are border jumpers. Why the constant lies? So I guess unless the wall is 100% effective there is no use building it? Links have been provided in here proving that a good wall is a deterrant to most.

We all want the employers who hire them stopped but until e-verify is mandated in every workplace that's not going to happen. It isn't only those seeking work that are getting into our country either but criminals and terrorists and they have no interest in jobs. Removing the job incentive, benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids will stop the former and the wall would also help deter them and the latter group.
So let's waste billions and billions of dollars on a useless wall because we aren't making e-verify mandatory. That seems like a dumb idea, it would make more sense just to demand e-verify to be mandatory. I am betting that will much cheaper than a useless wall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies