Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2016, 04:17 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Easier to spot?

How easy is it to spot tunnels?

Tunnels Under the U.S.-Mexico Border : NPR

Mexican Officials Find Secret Passageway They Believe Was Being Constructed to Smuggle Illegal Immigrants Into the U.S./

Authorities find another tunnel under U.S.-Mexico border

If you have any common sense, it would tell you what an idiotic idea to think a wall will keep them out.
The fact that they are digging tunnels is proof that walls are effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Another stupid idea.

It's as if Trump doesn't know that people can withdraw money from Mexico ATMs linked to US bank account.

A dumb idea that only dumb people get behind.
Wow, you just swing wildly don't you.

It is documented that $25 billion is being sent to Mexico via services like Western Union. We'd just have those transfers taxes. As far as bank accounts go, they aren't supposed to open checking accounts for illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2016, 05:19 PM

62,993 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Walls are far more effective at keeping people in than keeping them out. I wonder if the Donald is actually worried about the brain drain to Mexico after he is elected. The exodus to Canada would be even larger.
How do you figure that? Sounds like an opinion not based in reality and you're probably one of those that has a vested interest in allowing the flow to continue.

Old 07-01-2016, 05:21 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,287,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
The fact that they are digging tunnels is proof that walls are effective.
Way to spin it. If they were climbing over the wall, I bet you would say the wall is effective that way too because it forced them to climb over it rather than just walk through.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
Way to spin it. If they were climbing over the wall, I bet you would say the wall is effective that way too because it forced them to climb over it rather than just walk through.
Coming from the person who says they'll just come through the front door. Is a tunnel easier than the front door. You think they'd rather dig a tunnel than just fly in on a plane like you said before?

Logic eludes you.

Old 07-01-2016, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Coming from the person who says they'll just come through the front door. Is a tunnel easier than the front door. You think they'd rather dig a tunnel than just fly in on a plane like you said before?

Logic eludes you.
Just because one can come through the front door doesn't mean others won't come through other ways. But then again, I am not the one who thinks a wall will magically stop people.

I guess your version of "logic" eludes me.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Just because one can come through the front door doesn't mean others won't come through other ways. But then again, I am not the one who thinks a wall will magically stop people.

I guess your version of "logic" eludes me.
I believe you were the one saying they'll just fly in if walls were put up. If this were true, why would they tunnel?

Old 07-01-2016, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Or they simply do what most illegals in this country do, fly into one of the many airports.
Yeah, instead of just flying in, they build a tunnel. Ok, that's reasonable. Lol

Old 07-01-2016, 09:26 PM

Quote:
I believe you were the one saying they'll just fly in if walls were put up. If this were true, why would they tunnel?
I did say that, that doesn't mean that is the only way around a useless wall. Tunneling works well too. I don't think a wall will magically fix illegal immigration.

If you cared about that, you would rather focus resources on an easier target like going after those that hire illegals. No jobs for illegals, no reason to come to the US, it is that simple.

Old 07-01-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
If you cared about that, you would rather focus resources on an easier target like going after those that hire illegals. No jobs for illegals, no reason to come to the US, it is that simple.
Oh, you mean the laws that are already on the books that our government refuses to enforce?

They can't choose not to enforce a wall. The wall would be there hampering the entry of more illegals.

Old 07-01-2016, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Oh, you mean the laws that are already on the books that our government refuses to enforce?

They can't choose not to enforce a wall. The wall would be there hampering the entry of more illegals.
Then why do you want a wall when they can't enforce the laws we already have? Wouldn't the common sense thing be for you to demand enforcing laws rather that blowing money on something useless?

Wall aren't magical barriers, they still need to be maintained and guarded to be remotely effective, which all costs more money.

Enforcing the laws we currently have makes more sense unless you are a Trump supporter, they tend to be void of common sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies