Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 12:38 PM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Blame multi-tasking here. I know the difference between the House and the Senate.

That's your opinion. It's not what he said.

And you got the last part wrong, too. He said she told them to remove the classification, and "make it paper" so it could be sent to non-classified people - which is State Department parlance for "removing all classified information so it could be sent." He explained that.
" He explained that"

NO, he danced around it just as he has danced around a LOT of answers.

As has been stated over and over she RECEIVED MANY classified emails from OTHER agencies.

ONLY the ORIGINATING authority CAN CHANGE the classification.

Having held a very high TS clearance and listening to Comey, I have come to the conclusion that he is NOT TOTALLY versed on how to handle classified material OR he is doing a lot of dancing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
HRC lied to the FBI as well, she told them she handed over all work related emails and they had to recover them off of her server to find out she didn't and that's just the one we know about. Congress is asking for the Q&A that they had with her to be released, we will find out how many more times she really lied. Comey is the one lying here and it is very obvious.
Sounds like Hilary's only interview with the FBI was the 4th of July weekend. He noted that not all work related emails were handed over. He didn't say Hilary said they were to the FBI. She said that to Congress. I would call that perjury and he told the committee all they need to do is recommend to the FBI to investigate that perjury claim and he would. Guarantee they will ask this of the FBI and I don't see how Clinton gets out of this. I've watched this hearing very, very carefully. I don't think Comey is lying. I think he is highlighting a weakness in the statute people didn't know about before this point. I also think he is absolutely making Clinton look horrible even though he doesn't think DOJ policy would allow him to prosecute her given the exact scope of this investigation.

In other words - stop trying to make Comey out to be the bad guy. He handed a gift to the Republicans politically and a method to finally prosecute Clinton (via the perjury angle).

56 posts, read 49,111 times
I was a Juror on a large case a few years ago. The Judges instructions about intent also included what is "reasonable" and he told us many times to use our common sense.

IMO, Hillary had full intent to hide what she was doing.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:40 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Quote:
It wouldn't have mattered. He explained you have to PROVE BOTH.
And that is what this hearing is all about! There in lies the question of whether or not intent must be proven- and I am thinking this "elusive" term and meaning of intent rests with the previous cases- something that will be looked into.

So, my final thoughts is that Comey was going by the books (according to the previous long standing policies and processes). However, I do feel this hearing was thoroughly needed for the American people.

HRC is probably in worse shape today... This was a bad day for her.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:41 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
HE DIDN'T SAY THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do 85% of the people posting have comprehension problems?

He said they could not unequivocally prove she knew she had intent to commit a crime. BIG DIFFERENCE. If they cannot find adequate evidence, you cannot recommend to prosecute.

After watching the hearing and reading these posts, the only thing I know for sure is:

Comey is above board.
Most of these grandstanding blowhard Senators shouldn't be reelected.
We're screwed as a nation, given the posts in this thread.
Hillary had intent. She intentionally broke the law using an illegal server in her basement. Comey thinks we are stupid. Hillary thinks she is above the law and Comey is pleading her case as being too stupid to know what highly classified material is and not knowing that a C means confidential.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:41 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
The dems are blowing this guy on the stand.

I can't listen to much more of this.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:42 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Oh, don't fret. OF COURSE the Republican-led House is going to "investigate." And this "investigation" will last as long as Hillary is either a candidate for president, in which case it will last for the next four months; or wins and becomes president, in which case it will last for the next four, and potentially eight, years. In other words, it will last as long as is politically expedient. And if this one should come to a natural end, then never fret, they will find something else to "investigate."

Basically, as long as the Clintons live and breathe, the House Republicans will make sure they have some kind of ongoing "investigation" running at all time.

They don't know how to govern, they only know how to "investigate" their political opponents. I will give them kudos for being very, very good at the ongoing "investigation" part even though they are all bogus and come to naught.

Our government at work.
No, she's going to be investigated for perjury as a result of this committee hearing. And that will be the final nail in her coffin. She really was foolish to make such declarative statements under oath which were clearly untrue. This is NOT a result of some Republican conspiracy or something. It's because Clinton was incompetent, showed utter disregard for classified material, lacked understanding of her own dang job, and ultimately lied to Congress about it. Remember, we're here because of what Clinton did, not the Republicans.

Old 07-07-2016, 12:43 PM

2,846 posts, read 2,970,662 times
Btw, comey is 6'8... I really give it up to him. He showed us what it is to be a great director. I may not agree with everything, out of ignorance and lack of education, but he did an outstanding job!

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfamazing View Post
Comey is re-writing the rules right before congress.... In real time!
He is not "re-writing" anything, but it's clear as day that these CongressCritters are totally clueless about what is actually going on in the State Department, probably the rest of Government & a 1917 Law that the DOJ has never successfully used because it is so poorly written.

I watch these hearings a lot - the CongressCritters (for the most part) on both sides of the aisle are there for some reason other than figuring out what is going on and how to FIX it. They have not interest in fact finding or learning anything ...... that's why they leave as soon as they speak.

The don't understand the Laws and more importantly neither do the American Public. Most of these people are Lawyers.

Notice please that the chairs on that dais become empty as soon as they speak. They are there to read statements and not to learn anything - IF they really wanted to learn what is going on, they they would not leave the Hearing until it was completed. I see this is every hearing I've watched, and I watch quite a few.

5,444 posts, read 6,994,146 times
I'm wondering that if the FBI recommended charges be filed against Hillary, if Comey would still be asked to explain his findings to Congress and the HOC? Somehow I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies