Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 12:03 PM

5,862 posts, read 3,302,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We only know a very few things right now:

1) He was pulled over because he resembled a suspect in an armed robbery from a few days before.

2) He had a gun.

3) He was shot by the (non-white) cop.

Beyond that, anything else is speculation. We have a "story" fabricated by the stoner girlfriend who claims they were stopped for a busset tail light. But we know that's a lie-pictures on the net show both taillights working and we have the call about the robbery suspect.

We have her claim that he had a CCW, but no one has verified that.

We have her claim that the cop told him to get his license after he said he had a gun, and that he then shot him. But we have no video or audio evidence to support or disprove that claim.
Great post!!!

Old 07-13-2016, 12:05 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
That picture was on #bluelivesmatter. I don't know what it was because the picture was taken from BEHIND the driver. It didn't come from the girlfriends video.

Personally, I think it was a fake photo. Why was it so blurry? Even my cheapo cell phone takes better pictures (and video).

Unless the origin of that picture can be verified, it's fake, IMO.
That photo is on multiple sites.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:07 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We only know a very few things right now:

1) He was pulled over because he resembled a suspect in an armed robbery from a few days before.

2) He had a gun.

3) He was shot by the (non-white) cop.

Beyond that, anything else is speculation. We have a "story" fabricated by the stoner girlfriend who claims they were stopped for a busset tail light. But we know that's a lie-pictures on the net show both taillights working and we have the call about the robbery suspect.

We have her claim that he had a CCW, but no one has verified that.

We have her claim that the cop told him to get his license after he said he had a gun, and that he then shot him. But we have no video or audio evidence to support or disprove that claim.
You don't think cops make up something to pull people over? He walked up and told them they were being stopped for a broken tail light. He's the liar, and I don't have a problem with that. If cops are looking for a robber and they want to get a closer look at a driver, fine.

What's 'busset'?

He had the proper permit:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...S2-nb30XEuRu8g

Old 07-13-2016, 12:08 PM

1,411 posts, read 1,003,010 times
So a guy with a CC pemit reached for his gun after getting pulled over with his daughter in the backseat, girlfriend on the passenger side, and another cop on the passenger side? Yeah, ok. I'm glad you are retired because you are the kind of cop who would help try to cover this up for your blue brothern. Maybe someone will bump into him on the street, ask him to use his phone and as he reaches in his pocket to grab a cell phone, pump 6 rounds in him and say I thought he was reaching for a gun. It seems to work for cops all the time.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
The screen grab that I've seen is from the original video by Diamond Reynolds.

You can see the black object in Castile's lap if you pause the video. It's not brain science.
Brain science? hahahaha

The picture I saw was taken from BEHIND the driver.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That photo is on multiple sites.
So? The photo was taken from behind the driver. It didn't come from the video his girlfriend was shooting. Where did it come from? Why is it so blurry?

Old 07-13-2016, 12:15 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
Brain science? hahahaha

I just looked. The screen grab from Blue Lives Matter is directly taken from the video.

There are other screen grabs where they corrected the perspective from the original video's front facing camera.

I'd like to see the photo you're talking about please.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:16 PM

17,425 posts, read 14,668,729 times
Quote:
So? The photo was taken from behind the driver. It didn't come from the video his girlfriend was shooting. Where did it come from? Why is it so blurry?
Post the photo in question.

Thanks.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:22 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
Quote:
Brain science? hahahaha

Hey, Brain Science is like way harder that any other kind of science, or so I've heard

Old 07-13-2016, 12:47 PM

1,323 posts, read 589,297 times
Default Castile Had A Permit to Carry

Several sources are now reporting that Castile indeed did have a permit to carry. The original confusion was due to his permit being registered in a different county from his current residency.

Anyway, I post this because I've noticed the habits on this forum to justify the killing of citizens based on their background, record (if existing) and for every indiscretion - "You back-talked to the officer, boy! No wonder he shot you." I wanted to take illegal carry off the table in Castile's case.

Philando Castile had permit to carry gun when he was shot - StarTribune.com

The shooting officer stated that race was not the issue, but rather because of the "presence of a gun". I don't have any serious issues with the 2nd amendment (except with those that are so obsessed with their gun rights that they can't peacefully contribute to the conversation and acknowledge the concerns of others regarding the proliferation of guns in every aspect of our society, but I digress), so I ask this sincerely - what are people of color to do, if they want to carry and some officers freak out over it. Should they not carry as to make sure cops feel safe if they are indeed pulled over and detained?

Last edited by Ibginnie; 07-13-2016 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: copyright violation
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies