Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 02:13 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,231,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
I've voted Democrat for half my life. Comments like yours and why I will probably never again vote Democrat. He just shot 11 police and mad claims about having bombs, what better solution was their? Should they have went in and hugged him?

What happens when it is you. Or your Kids. Police make mistakes all the time. Your wife and kids may have been in the parking structure and the police did not know they were there. They send in the bomb and kill the suspect. And your Wife and kids.
That is the problem with bombs. They are indiscriminate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 02:22 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,243,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
MSNBC Live guest Haley Edwards says the fitting of the robot to blow apart the scumbag in Dallas was mean.
She claims the robot wasn't designed for such violence, and should only be used for observation and other pleasant tasks.
Further, this method of ending the situation prevented the perp from being subdued and lawyering up!

In related news... WTF is Haley Edwards and why does anyone care what this subliterate wanker says?

Old 07-11-2016, 02:26 PM

40,976 posts, read 49,320,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post

My only question is couldn't they have found a cheaper one at their local Radio Shack?
Most Radio Shacks around have closed. I figured one of those $99 drones from Toys R Us night have lifted the load.

Maybe an Amazon same day delivery if they could have kept him holed up a few more hours.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:26 PM

13,693 posts, read 4,979,034 times
Quote:
I've voted Democrat for half my life. Comments like yours and why I will probably never again vote Democrat. He just shot 11 police and mad claims about having bombs, what better solution was their? Should they have went in and hugged him?
What makes you think this poster is representative of Democrats? I would guess the majority of Democratic politicians agree that use of this bomb robot was justified.

Old 07-11-2016, 02:49 PM

27,220 posts, read 15,393,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata
I've voted Democrat for half my life. Comments like yours and why I will probably never again vote Democrat. He just shot 11 police and mad claims about having bombs, what better solution was their? Should they have went in and hugged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
What makes you think this poster is representative of Democrats? I would guess the majority of Democratic politicians agree that use of this bomb robot was justified.

If it were politically expedient follow a Focus Group of course............

Old 07-11-2016, 02:54 PM

52,387 posts, read 52,853,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Most Radio Shacks around have closed. I figured one of those $99 drones from Toys R Us night have lifted the load.

Maybe an Amazon same day delivery if they could have kept him holed up a few more hours.

LOL, my first gut thought seriously was that I was sad that they had to waste a perfectly good drone/robot on that guy.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:02 PM

27,220 posts, read 15,393,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
The killing or injuring of someone else needs to have a immediate basis. There has to be a "someone" involved. "Thinking" dosent count. Just like spidey sense.

After shooting 12, killing 5 of them, declaring (yes, declared not just "threatened) that he was going to continue in this and you call the perception of this "spidey sense"!?!

Horrendous acts such as this call for tough and even unusual measures with no quarter given.

They were defending themselves and others.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:14 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,749,496 times
Quote:
And comments like yours make me sad for our country because you appear incapable of seeing anything other than us/them or black/white.

I've attempted to have a thoughtful conversation about the use of force in this situation, and particularly, the robot bomb. If you can't do that, please don't respond to my comments.

I've said on here many times that I'm glad he's dead. But the issue is when deadly force is authorized when a defendant has been cornered somewhere. The fact that he killed 11 people doesn't justify the police killing him unless he's an ongoing threat. Some posters have said that he killed the 5th officer in the garage when the officer tried to get close to him. I haven't seen a news story that confirms that.

The justification for using deadly force is that a threat is imminent--not that something atrocious just occurred.

I find it interesting the people who describe themselves as conservative and generally suspicious of all things governmental seem to have a blind spot when it comes to the police. Then, unless it's Waco, or Ruby Ridge, or the Bundy clan, conservatives often seems to believe the more force the better. Shoot now, ask questions later.

While it's obvious that this shooter deserved to die, are you always comfortable with LEOs on the scene making the call?

Old 07-11-2016, 03:15 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,820,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Why bother with due process when you can have the cops obliterate the suspect with a non-thinking high priced drone (that hopefully doesn't kill someone innocent as we have seen with Obama's).

But yeah cop safety.

Due process? In the heat of an ongoing gun battle?
C'mon man.

Old 07-11-2016, 03:15 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,749,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
You are flat wrong... "because they were tired"...what garbage and tells me you have no understanding of tactical situations... hostage or crisis negotiations... and plain common sense.
He did exit the garage abd killed a Dallas officer in cqb...
He deserved every application of force upon him legally ethically and morally. He was an active on going threat..it never stopped until he was killed. You did indentify this CORRECTLY as an acceptable use of force.

The use of the robot was an excellent tactic. Look for more robot use in the future... I foresee drones and autonomous robots..sad but true.. millennials want technology..they're getting it.. I'm old school..I wish a swat sniper drilled him with a 308 round to the head

I'm only sorry that only one pound of c4 was used..but I understand why.. I would have preferred the terrorist be vaporized..
Can you discuss without insulting? If not, please don't talk to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies