Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2016, 04:08 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,472,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
No they werent. They were getting revenge.

Im all for the guy being killed. However the explosives were just plain wrong.

Like I told the other people. Look up the MOVE bombing and see what can happen when it goes badly.

I don't understand your logic. Is it your belief they sent in the bomb for show? If they wanted revenge why didn't they just shoot him?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2016, 04:13 PM

16,344 posts, read 8,130,667 times
Quote:
Im a Conservative Republican. And being a Conservative Republican, I believe that following the law is of high concern. Not just for me but for the police too. This Lets just kill them crap that has popped up in the last 15 years or so has got to go. If you believe this is just, then you might just as well join the Liberals who want to tear up the constitution. Because you are just alike.
I tend towards libertarian myself so I'm always on the lookout for instances of agents of the state (police) overstepping their authority and using lethal force when it is not justified. But in this case the perp was in the midst of a mass killing spree and there was no indication that he was going to stop until he ran out of ammo. In this type of situation I believe it is justified to stop the perp by any means necessary (short of endangering innocent bystanders).

Old 07-11-2016, 04:17 PM

1,168 posts, read 1,233,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I don't understand your logic. Is it your belief they sent in the bomb for show? If they wanted revenge why didn't they just shoot him?
Because they were afraid, werent very good at tactics and lacked patience of any form.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I tend towards libertarian myself so I'm always on the lookout for instances of agents of the state (police) overstepping their authority and using lethal force when it is not justified. But in this case the perp was in the midst of a mass killing spree and there was no indication that he was going to stop until he ran out of ammo. In this type of situation I believe it is justified to stop the perp by any means necessary (short of endangering innocent bystanders).
He was stopped. He hadent fired a shot in hours and was wounded.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:24 PM

16,344 posts, read 8,130,667 times
Quote:
He was stopped. He hadent fired a shot in hours and was wounded.
How do you know he was wounded? Was he bleeding out? And after what he had already done was there any reason to give him any benefit of the doubt? Would it have been reasonable to assume that he was biding his time until he could get off another shot at any cops who came into his line of fire?

Old 07-11-2016, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
How do you know he was wounded? Was he bleeding out? And after what he had already done was there any reason to give him any benefit of the doubt? Would it have been reasonable to assume that he was biding his time until he could get off another shot at any cops who came into his line of fire?
I watched it play out on tv and the police said they shot and injured him before he entered the parking structure.

None of what you said is my point. My point is that they deprived him of his constitutional rights. Now if they can do that to him and people accept it because he is a bad guy, then it is just a matter of time before it is done to you or me.
I believe in all the amendments not just the ones that are important to me.
as the 14th says.

nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of lawBy killing him without due process, unless it is in self defense, is a violation of the constitution and cant be accepted.

All they had to do to make me happy was go get a writ. Just like they are supposed to do. But it was inconvenient and they didnt want to wake up some judge who probably would have said no anyhow.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:39 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,964,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
By far the most awesome way the police have ever taken down a suspect.
Agree. Why put officers at risk. Lets take care of problem neighborhoods the way the Israeli's do. With M1 Abrams tanks. Forget proportion. What an outmoded concept. I also see no need for soldiers to die in the Middle East when we have tactical nukes.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:41 PM

4,754 posts, read 2,749,991 times
Call of duty rxd 3 kill streak

Old 07-11-2016, 04:45 PM

9,267 posts, read 5,142,338 times
Quote:
Im a Conservative Republican. And being a Conservative Republican, I believe that following the law is of high concern. Not just for me but for the police too. This Lets just kill them crap that has popped up in the last 15 years or so has got to go. If you believe this is just, then you might just as well join the Liberals who want to tear up the constitution. Because you are just alike.
I dont know if you are a Conservative Republican or not. Don't know how that bears on putting down a dangerous animal.
I'm as right-wing as it gets and my understanding of the Constitution is quite good.
What we had in Dallas was a return to law and order. Shoot to kill is sometimes needed.
I wish I could have seen the cop's high-fives when the robot camera went dark.

Old 07-11-2016, 04:46 PM

36,753 posts, read 14,882,843 times
Let's see, cops aren't supposed to use their weapons, and they're not supposed to show up at riots where firecrackers, rocks, and bottles are being hurled at them, wearing riot gear. Now, they're not supposed to use drones? What will offend the bad guys next?

"Mean?" Give me a break. That was the best use of a drone I've seen yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies