Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 09:58 AM

76 posts, read 56,844 times

Advertisements

Blacks have been enabled by liberal facilitators. How by telling them its not their fault for high crime. Its someone else fault. By giving them hand outs instead of work, by telling them that their drug and crime infested communities is not their fault. Its the fault of a corporation or some white guy that does not know them. Blacks will never climb out of the hole they are in as a people until they address this and quit blaming others and putting on a pedestal the very people I.E rappers who degrade women and police and thug's like Mike Brown. Where were the police being honored at the DNC? They are not there. But the mothers of thugs were front and center. Why ? its easy to get votes by telling people what whey want to hear instead of what they need to hear.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:09 AM

13,648 posts, read 20,772,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
On the black, none of the demonstrators, nor the president has said that police killing is the MAIN issue facing black Americans today....

On the red, just because you don't know about demonstrations/rallies about violence in majority black neighborhoods doesn't mean they don't occur. We just had one where I live a couple weeks ago and a major rally is held here every year and there is a coalition of individuals and organizations that work to curtail violent crime especially in black neighborhoods. This is commonplace in practically all cities with a large black population that deal with crime. Black people also have a high degree of involvement in neighborhood watch and block club programs in urban areas where they work together and with police to make their communities safer. This a major reason why crime has decreased in black neighborhoods.

I'm commenting to you specifically because you are attempting to tell me as a black person what my main issues are and what affects me and that something is a "serious" issue to me when it is not a serious issue to me. Hopefully the discourse will allow you to think more thoroughly about what you are saying and not to make generic statement about a demographic in our country which has population of 40 million persons who are all unique individuals and who have various types of life experiences based on various factors of their lives.

ETA: I also never "blamed" anything on your "group." I only stated that all demographics in this country have an experience with crime.
RH- It's all they talk about and thus it is presented as the apex of what ails the black community. It is in the media every day. What other conclusion should one draw?

What ails the black community is a horrendous level of self-inflicted violence, a disdain for education, and a chaotic approach to family planning. Those are the main issues.

If I saw the same passion from BLM for black on black crime, I would not dismiss it as the diversion that it clearly is. It is human nature to avoid that which is uncomfortable.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:14 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,504,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
My discussion remains, I do not believe that "black on black crime" exist, this is something mentioned by the OP so I am not "dancing around" any "facts."

The fact of the matter is that both the OP and I are correct in that crime is crime no matter who commits it against whatever person of another or the same heritage/skin color.

In regards to the "facts" that are often ignored is the fact that over 95% of black people do not commit violent crime.

In regards to crime I do not think slavery is an issue (I read the OP and didn't see where he even mentioned slavery, usually slavery is brought up by white people in these sorts of discussions, as are unconnected things to crime like "absentee fathers" FYI being born out of wedlock does not mean a father is "absent" and while out of wedlock births increased for black people, the "fact" of the matter is that both educational achievement has increased during that period AND crime has DECREASED during the same period. Anyone can use stats to "dance" around and prove a point and especially so in regards to attempting to prove that black people are inferior to other groups, which is what many of the posters do on this forum).
When I see the words 'black on black crime,' I automatically insert the words 'Rate of' because I can figure out it a black person or some black people killing other blacks wouldn't be worth mentioning. Whites kill whites, and so on. 'Rate of' is the point.

I often see on this forum the legacy of slavery mentioned by posters who purport to be black. There's now a psychological/sociological mentality called post-traumatic slavery syndrome; also 'racial battle fatigue.'

Society can either have discussion about these things, race relations in general, or not. Of all the local, state, and federal public policy issues I care about, it barely reaches the Top 10.

Old 07-28-2016, 10:38 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,577,728 times
Yawn. SOS, DD

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:24 AM

492 posts, read 1,027,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
RH- It's all they talk about and thus it is presented as the apex of what ails the black community. It is in the media every day. What other conclusion should one draw?

What ails the black community is a horrendous level of self-inflicted violence, a disdain for education, and a chaotic approach to family planning. Those are the main issues.

If I saw the same passion from BLM for black on black crime, I would not dismiss it as the diversion that it clearly is. It is human nature to avoid that which is uncomfortable.

And where do you think these 'ailments' originate from? Im genuinely curious.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:27 AM

73,004 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
I never bring up the stats unless someone else tries to avoid Rates of black against black, white against white, etc.., whether in crime, welfare, absent fathers.

I don't care why the topic in general is brought up. Maybe because it's an important social policy question.
When Obama recently called the Rate of black men killing other black men wacky, he mentioned 'investing' more in urban areas, after school programs, and other social policies. etc.
Well, I care why. I care because I'm sick of people complaining about Blacks as a whole and looking down on Blacks. It only tells me that I come from a hated group. Why would I want to discuss a topic with someone who hates me?

If I know saidpersons who bring it up truly care and aren't just wagging their fingers at Blacks, then maybe things can get done. However, in a society in which compared to other groups, Blacks are the most looked down on and hated, trust is a big factor. How can you discuss something with someone if there is no trust?

Old 07-28-2016, 11:28 AM

5,281 posts, read 6,587,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
When I see the words 'black on black crime,' I automatically insert the words 'Rate of' because I can figure out it a black person or some black people killing other blacks wouldn't be worth mentioning. Whites kill whites, and so on. 'Rate of' is the point.

I often see on this forum the legacy of slavery mentioned by posters who purport to be black. There's now a psychological/sociological mentality called post-traumatic slavery syndrome; also 'racial battle fatigue.'

Society can either have discussion about these things, race relations in general, or not. Of all the local, state, and federal public policy issues I care about, it barely reaches the Top 10.
The main people who are berating black people for not "caring about it", are the main ones who are silent when it comes to discussing solutions. Including black conservatives, who have no problem getting on social media or the news putting down black people, but are silent as hell when it comes to solutions. Larry Elder, who I use to respect really only speaks up when it comes to putting down black people, but I have almost never heard him come up with a solution.

There are only 2 black conservatives with any real intellectual merit, and that's Thomas Sowell and Walter E Williams. They actually have historical context and "solutions".

There is a major problem with conservatism in the black community. And conservatives have let absolute bafoons speak on black conservatism. That all needs to change.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:29 AM

73,004 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post

Actually, these issues are what ails the underclass segment of the Black population. I don't buy this "the Black community" thing. What community, or better yet, what communities?

Something else. Alot of Black people know about the crime issues. This is why alot of Blacks flee certain areas. Same as any other persons. It's "leave, move on to greener pastures. self preservation".

Old 07-28-2016, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VA7cities View Post
And where do you think these 'ailments' originate from? Im genuinely curious.
Well, the violence originates with who pulls the trigger, plunges the knife, or throws the fist.

The disdain for education originates with the person who fails to take education seriously.

The chaotic family planning originates with the couple who fail to utilize contraceptives.

I trust that satiates your curiosity although it strikes me as obvious.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, these issues are what ails the underclass segment of the Black population. I don't buy this "the Black community" thing. What community, or better yet, what communities?

Something else. Alot of Black people know about the crime issues. This is why alot of Blacks flee certain areas. Same as any other persons. It's "leave, move on to greener pastures. self preservation".
No doubt.

But the black folks you refer to are NOT the black folks we are talking about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies