Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 11:49 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
No doubt.

But the black folks you refer to are NOT the black folks we are talking about.
Then who are you talking about?

When I talk about crime, I specifically name with segment of the Black population it's taking place among. I have also mentioned that the Blacks who leave the ghetto are often those who have moved up in terms of education, finance, professional ranks,etc. Many left behind are those who can't afford to leave or don't know anything else.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:51 AM

20,728 posts, read 19,371,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
The main people who are berating black people for not "caring about it", are the main ones who are silent when it comes to discussing solutions. Including black conservatives, who have no problem getting on social media or the news putting down black people, but are silent as hell when it comes to solutions. Larry Elder, who I use to respect really only speaks up when it comes to putting down black people, but I have almost never heard him come up with a solution.

There are only 2 black conservatives with any real intellectual merit, and that's Thomas Sowell and Walter E Williams. They actually have historical context and "solutions".

There is a major problem with conservatism in the black community. And conservatives have let absolute bafoons speak on black conservatism. That all needs to change.

Actually the problem is that Conservative blacks make the same mistakes all conservatives make. They are problem solving. Its akin to having a battle plan without a general. Ben Carson was the epitome of it. Trump and Milo have added stage presence . Everything they do is true but they also deliver. Jimmi Hendrix was not really a great guitarist because he was hitting the notes. In fact technically he was often sloppy. He was just stage dominant. Only alpha males hump on stage. His competition played like a court minstrel. Hendrix was staging a coup.

A black conservative with shiv could clean up. Its like an empty seat in first class. Trump is a prototype for a black charismatic conservative.

Old 07-28-2016, 11:52 AM

492 posts, read 1,027,927 times
Quote:
Well, the violence originates with who pulls the trigger, plunges the knife, or throws the fist.

The disdain for education originates with the person who fails to take education seriously.

The chaotic family planning originates with the couple who fail to utilize contraceptives.

I trust that satiates your curiosity although it strikes me as obvious.
As a community, Where do you think these issues that blacks face originate from?

Do you consider blacks to be inferior and as such they are more prone to these problems? or is it a little more complicated than that?

Old 07-28-2016, 11:53 AM

24,409 posts, read 26,971,175 times
Guiliani cut the murder rate in NYC by 60+% and 77% of those cut murders were from Black neighborhoods... That is how you save lives

Old 07-28-2016, 11:56 AM

73,028 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Well, the violence originates with who pulls the trigger, plunges the knife, or throws the fist.

The disdain for education originates with the person who fails to take education seriously.

The chaotic family planning originates with the couple who fail to utilize contraceptives.

I trust that satiates your curiosity although it strikes me as obvious.
All of which are underclass issues. In fact, I live in a community with a community with a sizable White underclass. I see some of the same stuff going on with such individuals. I've always said there's little difference between hood rat culture and redneck culture.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:01 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,591,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Actually the problem is that Conservative blacks make the same mistakes all conservatives make. They are problem solving. Its akin to having a battle plan without a general. Ben Carson was the epitome of it. Trump and Milo have added stage presence . Everything they do is true but they also deliver. Jimmi Hendrix was not really a great guitarist because he was hitting the notes. In fact technically he was often sloppy. He was just stage dominant. Only alpha males hump on stage. His competition played like a court minstrel. Hendrix was staging a coup.

A black conservative with shiv could clean up. Its like an empty seat in first class. Trump is a prototype for a black charismatic conservative.
Black conservatives, at least the mainstream ones never talk about solving problems. They only show up when it comes to bashing black people. I've looked high and low for black conservative forums and groups, they don't exist. I've always considered myself a black conservative, and you'd be hard pressed to find any real coalition of black conservatives.

The face of black conservatism needs to change. The whole idea of black conservatism can't just be "We show up to put down black people, otherwise we stand for nothing".

Old 07-28-2016, 12:04 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,828,810 times
Quote:
RH- It's all they talk about and thus it is presented as the apex of what ails the black community. It is in the media every day. What other conclusion should one draw?

What ails the black community is a horrendous level of self-inflicted violence, a disdain for education, and a chaotic approach to family planning. Those are the main issues.

If I saw the same passion from BLM for black on black crime, I would not dismiss it as the diversion that it clearly is. It is human nature to avoid that which is uncomfortable.
One the red, one can draw the conclusion that the media does not provide an accurate picture regarding the lives of black Americans. I expect people to use their personal interactions/relationships with people of other backgrounds in order to realize that stuff you see on TV and watch/read on the internet are not true all the time.

On the rest of your post, there is no such thing as a single "black community." This has already been spoken about earlier in the thread where the OP asked how do black people in LA "fix" crime in Chicago. LA and Chicago have two totally separate black communities with totally separate issues.

I lived in Atlanta, GA for a very long time and I also lived in Detroit for a while and I currently live in Ohio, not to far from Detroit. In all the places I have lived, there are black neighborhoods and even within those neighborhoods their issues are vary dramatically. Both Atlanta and Detroit for instance have pretty solid middle class "black communities" in their metropolitan areas that do not deal with the issues you are describing in regards to violence and a disdain for education and a chaotic approach to family planning...

In regards to those, again violent crime is at an all time low and especially so for black Americans and especially so in cities like Atlanta, DC, LA, NYC, and even Chicago (which used to have close to 2000 murders a year 30-40 years ago, today they average around 450-550).

In regard to education, black people are the most educated that we have ever been. Black females in particular now are considered one of the most highly educated demographics in the country over the past 10 years. About 86% of black females graduate high school and half of them go on to college. I am a black female and I see MANY black girls/women who are doing very well in life and we are fully taking advantage of our opportunities along with being mentors and working with organizations to improve the lives of other black people in our areas.

So my advice to you is stop listening to your TV about black people and get out and meet some instead. I'm sure you will be surprised. And when you do meet them don't thing they are "different" or "special" like many people try to tell me I am who are not black and who are my associates/friends. Those of us who are normal Americans are the majority in regards to black people in this country. We are not criminals, we value education and educational achievement which is evidenced by educational statistics from the 1980s through today, and we are very dedicated to our families and our neighborhoods.

Old 07-28-2016, 12:19 PM

13,651 posts, read 20,783,612 times
Quote:
So my advice to you is stop listening to your TV about black people and get out and meet some instead. I'm sure you will be surprised.
LOL!

If you only knew...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies