Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 12:36 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,202,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Strange to come to a conclusion because you see it on C-D. Yet, you are ignoring all the blacks on the Republican side who would disagree with you. How much has the Dems put down people like Sheriff Clark, Ben Carson , Herman Cain, Kevin Jackson, Omarosa, Mia Love, Stacy Dash,Condoleeza Rice, Angela McGlowan, Alveda King, & Star Parker ......I could keep going, but I am sure you can figure it out.
When was the last time at least 80% of blacks didn't vote for the Democratic candidate for POTUS? Oh, yeah, 1960.

When was the last time the GOP candidate got 15% or more of the black vote? Oh, yeah, 1976.

Source: BlackDemographics.com | POLITICS

Old 07-22-2016, 12:48 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
I think the big problem with policing in most areas that are low income, high crime, and Black is that the police are viewed as an outside force that is basically forcing White suburban values on working class Blacks. How well would policing go in rural White working class areas if the cops were always pulling over guys in old pickup trucks because it wasn't up to current EPA compliance? I think one thing that benefits poor people in rural areas is the lack of police presence and the mentality that the community must police itself. I spent much of my childhood in a place where the nearest police station was 45 minutes away but crime was low because every household had a gun and people looked out for their neighbors.

Old 07-22-2016, 12:55 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by branh0913 View Post
Again, take it up with the US Government. The US government created all of the incentives in the world for poor black women to have children out of wedlock. The lack of black fathers has never been an issue until the US Government started "getting involved" with the black community. You can blame the government for black culture. We can talk about how black people can fix this cultural issue, but we must FIRST recognize the role of the CIA in creating this subculture. Because it's not the organic creation people seem to believe.
Also the role of big govt in destroying vibrant Black small business districts during urban renewal. And many Blacks being evicted from private homes and moved to public housing where no one has a stake in their community like they do in their own house. The role of urban renewal is rarely discussed but it had as much to do with the current problems as Jim Crow.

I also agree with your original point that people need to stop dismissing the issue of police brutality because of Black crime. A real conservative will always be opposed to excessive govt force not matter who the victim. Rand Paul is one of the few Republicans to speak on this issue.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:03 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I'm White, and I care.
What kind of moral person wouldn't?
My view is this. A person should care for the right reasons. And there are people who do care, because it is carnage. What I have also noticed is that some people only bring up Black on Black crime to justify treating Blacks badly.

I'm not saying you don't care for the right reasons. I'm am saying that in order to discuss the issue, it is important to keep histrionics out of it. It is important to keep grudges out of it.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:07 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,634,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
The problem is that it should start with the parents. The problem is that it often doesn't start with the parents, and that's not just in Black households. So then what does society do? Just flounder?
I find it ironic that I'm using quotes from a rapper.

"When a dude's getting bullied and shoots up his school
And they blame it on Marilyn (on Marilyn)... and the heroin
Where were the parents at?"

Where were the parents at?

Old 07-27-2016, 07:10 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,732,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manteca man View Post
Except when police are demonized for every interaction with potential black criminals. If I were a cop, I'd begin letting any potential crime involving a black suspect slide. Let the communities have their cake and eat it too.

If banning guns would stop violence, why not ban violence? Is that how it works, you ban something, like drugs or murder, and they stop?

The job of the police isn't to "stop crime". The police are there to ENFORCE THE LAW. They make arrests after the fact. It is up to the victims and community to point out who the police should be investigating. Too bad in the black community the code is "snitches get stitches". If the police are not told who the suspects are, then everyone is a suspect.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:52 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda_d View Post
When was the last time at least 80% of blacks didn't vote for the Democratic candidate for POTUS? Oh, yeah, 1960.

When was the last time the GOP candidate got 15% or more of the black vote? Oh, yeah, 1976.

Source: BlackDemographics.com | POLITICS
Once many blacks realize the Dems are not for them except to keep them on welfare and other social issues, they to will leave the party. Many are discovering what the party stands for and they are teaching their children, welfare is not the answer. If Dems ran on their own policies and didn't have welfare and other free entitlements backing them up, I am sure you would see a HUGE shrink in your members. Did you even read your own link.......African Americans were not even allowed to officially attend the Democratic convention until 1924.......before this blacks were on the Republican ticket.

The Great Depression....gave FDR The New deal..! Seems the only answer was military and government jobs. How did this help anyone?
The New Deal

BLM is full of non workers, gang members and other non productive people.......what is there to inspire to?

https://dathistoryguy.wordpress.com/...blican-racism/
Hence, from the late 1860s through the early 20th century, Blacks exclusively identified and tied their cultural ambitions to the Republican Party. So ingrained was this prejudice against Blacks that the Democratic Party didn’t formally allow Blacks in its ranks until 1924. In 1924, Blacks were allowed to attend Democratic Conventions for the first time. Though they were allowed to attend conventions, Blacks still identified heavily with the Republican Party. After all, it was this party who was responsible for their coveted freedom and liberties not the Democrats.

Last edited by wildflower82; 07-27-2016 at 08:23 AM..

Old 07-27-2016, 08:22 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,675,690 times
Quote:
3. There actually was a community effort to stop violence when violence was high in every black community
1. The August 1979 Ebony Magazine piece is one of THE best articles I've ever read when it came to addressing Black on Black crime.

2. The Self-Destruction/We're All In The Same Gang videos that came out ('Self' was from the east, 'Gang' was from the west) attempted to address the violence in hip hop and in the hoods.

3. Here in NYC, the late policeman/City Councilman James Davis held constant Stop The Violence Marches in the 90s and early 2000s.

As indicated, there was an constant effort. But there was very little mainstream spotlight.

Old 07-27-2016, 08:44 AM

1,300 posts, read 1,043,197 times
Quote:
Again, take it up with the US Government. The US government created all of the incentives in the world for poor black women to have children out of wedlock. The lack of black fathers has never been an issue until the US Government started "getting involved" with the black community. You can blame the government for black culture. We can talk about how black people can fix this cultural issue, but we must FIRST recognize the role of the CIA in creating this subculture. Because it's not the organic creation people seem to believe.
How about black people in Canada? As I've said before black people have had a VERY different history here compared to black Americans where there was no slavery, relatively little oppression and the same opportunities to succeed the same as everyone else especially in the past several decades. But guess what? The result IS THE SAME. Namely high rates of violence, crime and murder. Two different countries, two very different histories with black people, SAME OUTCOME NONETHELESS.

So what's the excuse for black Canadians and black immigrants here behaving in the same manner as black Americans?? US government secretly giving advice to the Canadian government on how to destroy black people here too??!

Old 07-27-2016, 08:49 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,142,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
The job of the police isn't to "stop crime". The police are there to ENFORCE THE LAW. They make arrests after the fact. It is up to the victims and community to point out who the police should be investigating. Too bad in the black community the code is "snitches get stitches". If the police are not told who the suspects are, then everyone is a suspect.

Many are scared to snitch NOT because they care about and want to side with the criminal, but the fact the our justice system is a complete joke in this country, and while the police will protect them up to the trial, no one will protect them after the trial.

Would you point out a criminal knowing that one of their homeboys or the criminal themself after they get a slap on the wrist and is out of jail will come after you.

If they made the courts to have something where you could hide your face to testify, so the criminal cant see who is pointing them out of their friends if they are in the court room as well, more folks in the hood would come forward when some of these crimes occur. If you dont live in that type of environment you will never understand the fear of retaliation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies