Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 04:03 PM

1,646 posts, read 2,781,866 times

Advertisements

I am quite left leaning and yes, the main stream media (no, AM talk radio is not MSM) is very left leaning. I have found that many liberals fail to see any liberal bias probably because the MSM is preaching to their values. Personally, I find many on the left absolutely intolerant of any other opinions, they can be quite vile.

As I said, I am left leaning but I am not a kool aid drinker. I consider myself a sensible liberal. Something that is quite rare today. It boggles my mind how you are called out as a right winger gun nut bible thumping xenophobic bigot if you have an opinion that is outside of the liberal narrative. As I said, many on the left are quite vile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 04:10 PM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post
I am quite left leaning and yes, the main stream media (no, AM talk radio is not MSM) is very left leaning. I have found that many liberals fail to see any liberal bias probably because the MSM is preaching to their values. Personally, I find many on the left absolutely intolerant of any other opinions, they can be quite vile.

As I said, I am left leaning but I am not a kool aid drinker. I consider myself a sensible liberal. Something that is quite rare today. It boggles my mind how you are called out as a right winger gun nut bible thumping xenophobic bigot if you have an opinion that is outside of the liberal narrative. As I said, many on the left are quite vile.
thanks for your input and honesty.

Old 08-01-2016, 05:24 PM

2,240 posts, read 1,386,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodSchoolols View Post

So true! Thanks for being a sensible liberal. Wish there were more of you!

Old 08-01-2016, 05:39 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
Democrats: Do you feel good about liberal bias in MSM?
Are you kidding? Most of them won't even admit there is bias other than Fox. They think CNN, MSNBC, Huffington etc are all just fair, honest, balanced reporting.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:09 PM

17,806 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
Are you kidding? Most of them won't even admit there is bias other than Fox. They think CNN, MSNBC, Huffington etc are all just fair, honest, balanced reporting.
Ah yes, another "victim" of the liberal MSM.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:22 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
It's painfully obvious that main stream media, and even main stream social media platforms are incredibly slanted left.

Is this the type of brain-washing world you wish to live in, and call "progress"?
Bias is a gross understatement.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:25 PM

35,708 posts, read 21,070,199 times
when we going to discuss the real issues? yawn

Old 08-01-2016, 06:29 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,092,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Bias is a gross understatement.
It looks like the facts on liberal bias in the media are true:

Conservatives are right: The news media is very liberal - Fortune

The Liberal Media: It's No Myth - Harvard University

Old 08-01-2016, 06:33 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
Reality has a liberal bias. Conservatives can't recognize that.
The above shows the totalitarian nature of liberals. Libs do not believe in freedom of speech, unless the views expressed are liberal views.

CBS, ABC, NBC, MSNBC, CNN, PBS, and NPR all have far left media bias.

Fox has a conservative bias.

Given that the average liberal is a fascist, one can understand that they want NO VOICES OF OPPOSITION TO LIBERAL DOGMA. The press, which used to be the "watchdog" of the public, has become a leftist propaganda wing. With nearly every media outlet supporting lib policy, a lib simply cannot stand that conservative views are allowed to be expressed anywhere.

Libs are terrified of the truth and prefer a homogeneous, obedient press which serves as political lapdogs for dem politicians.

What a shame.

Old 08-01-2016, 06:34 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,305,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The above shows the totalitarian nature of liberals.
I admire you're willingness to appear a tool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies