Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2016, 06:39 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,092,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpanaPointer View Post
I admire you're willingness to appear a tool.
This news article sums it up on media bias. Hillary was drawn to bill for love of country. She was part of the Clinton arrival from the heavens... yes, they wrote that in this article... Lots of photos if you don't read.

Here's Everything That Happened During Hillary Clinton's DNC Speech - Us Weekly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2016, 06:58 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
What liberal bias?

Old 08-01-2016, 07:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
I don't feel anything.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:28 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,092,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I don't feel anything.
You won't feel anything until Hillary starts handing out free college and mortgages. Then you'll start to feel warm and fuzzy inside 🐱

Old 08-01-2016, 07:34 PM

811 posts, read 1,148,034 times
Lack of any real, in-depth, intelligent, fully-researched information from the mainstream media is what really bothers me, much more than any potential biases, even. That's the problem for virtually ANY news source, presently. Everything is sensationalist sound bites, which continues to create unwarranted partisan divides and twisted "truths." The media mis-educates people and makes every issue both more black and white than it really is, and more divisive than it really is. It's easy to convince people in one sway or another when you refuse to give them the full story and, instead, attempt to shock them at every turn. It's a colossal shame.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:09 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,572,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandCityGirl View Post
Lack of any real, in-depth, intelligent, fully-researched information from the mainstream media is what really bothers me, much more than any potential biases, even. That's the problem for virtually ANY news source, presently. Everything is sensationalist sound bites, which continues to create unwarranted partisan divides and twisted "truths." The media mis-educates people and makes every issue both more black and white than it really is, and more divisive than it really is. It's easy to convince people in one sway or another when you refuse to give them the full story and, instead, attempt to shock them at every turn. It's a colossal shame.
How about just basic honesty?

Ethics and honesty all down the drain decades ago.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:27 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
This is something I've said before on the forum, but more disturbing to me than the liberal bias is media's greater concern with prophet margins than their concern with journalism. The beauty of this is that it's a criticism that goes beyond partisan politics. Any Democrats will scold Fox for it's obvious and unapologetic conservative bias, but dismiss the fact that CNN clearly favors Hillary Clinton in regards to how they report the election.

This criticism include bias in it as well. The corporations that own these media outlets will look for a profitable target demographic, notice that they like having their views confirmed, then do everything they can to get more people to agree with the views being reported on which increase prophets in the long run.

As to why most MSM is somewhere on the left, I don't know. Liberal values are frankly an easier sell than conservative ones. However, it's fully possible to sell a conservative argument without using a particularly thoughtful reason. Regardless, we should have a problem with media bias and I feel the only truly effective way to combat it to target their wallets.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:44 PM

21,480 posts, read 10,582,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Exactly!!

Media: There is no proof that Obama was born in Kenya.

Wing nuts: Lies!! Liberal bias!!!

Fox News: We have heard from our sources' friends' distant relative that a Kenyan nurse, whom we cannot locate, said that she delivered Obama while he was in Kenya. We have a photo of the delivery proving everything we are saying is true but we will not release the photo because our staff is still photoshopping it.... er I mean it's still in the process of being verified.

Wing nuts: OMG!! Why aren't the MSM reporting it???!! The MSM are so biased!!!

Do you realize that the majority of conservatives are not birthers?

Old 08-01-2016, 09:31 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,069,811 times
reaffirms that Trump is a joke...a punchline...a cartoon

Old 08-01-2016, 09:37 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
You won't feel anything until Hillary starts handing out free college and mortgages. Then you'll start to feel warm and fuzzy inside 🐱
Free college and mortgages?

Mortgages? To whom?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies