Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 07:55 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
and this... from a northern California county

//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...ley-areas.html
and this
//www.city-data.com/forum/calif...ead-first.html
(see post 1)
tells you how rural America is being overtaken by dope growing and people who care only for drugs and money
You really are losing it, lol!

Old 08-15-2016, 07:58 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
You really think Americans need more food? ----- Ummm ----- okkaaaay
Looks like your country is roughly on par with Americas thirst for marijuana

Cannabis law change wins support in poll | Radio New Zealand News

and it looks like your right behind us in obesity..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y-in-the-world

Perfect MJ to get high and get the munchies... perfect

Maybe you'll get to see your pristine ecosystems destroyed by MJ too

Is Marijuana Destroying California

Old 08-15-2016, 08:00 PM

3,744 posts, read 4,087,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
You really are losing it, lol!
Whats false about it burrhead?

Thought Id give you some viewpoints of other Californians.. and the damage your magic weed does...

Old 08-15-2016, 08:04 PM

16,086 posts, read 10,747,693 times
I don't have a problem with marijuana use but there is a time and place -- not in a customer service job. On a recent trip to Colorado two hotel clerks were so stoned they were barely able to do their job or answer a simple question. I had to affirm to these guys that I would not use drugs in my room in order to check in.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:06 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Whats false about it burrhead?

Thought Id give you some viewpoints of other Californians.. and the damage your magic weed does...
You sure showed me, LOL!

Old 08-15-2016, 08:14 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Looks like your country is roughly on par with Americas thirst for marijuana

Cannabis law change wins support in poll | Radio New Zealand News

and it looks like your right behind us in obesity..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...y-in-the-world

Perfect MJ to get high and get the munchies... perfect

Maybe you'll get to see your pristine ecosystems destroyed by MJ too

Is Marijuana Destroying California
Yeah, I haven't been there for 25 years, but California pot/growing culture seemed pretty similar to NZ. Obesity is an issue here, like most anywhere in the West these days. I think obesity is mostly related to social class and education, with pot playing only a minor role, -I'm no expert though.

There are health issues surrounding pot, but almost no education (thanks prohibition).

With my background in horticulture, plus experience in growing outdoors. I can't see the idea of major environmental damage as one to take seriously, Any environmental issues can be mitigated with an open approach to cultivation.

Old 08-15-2016, 08:39 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,276,691 times
Quote:
So I take it you disagree with the links I provided you?
I disagree with you. I mean, it's pretty simple, isn't it? There has to be some reason I use cannabis now and again, right? Well, I'm telling you I use it now and again because I *really enjoy it.* And then I gave you several solid areas that it enhances. But here you come to tell me "oh no, it doesn't actually enhance anything, you're wrong, it's all bad." I mean, can you see how asinine that sounds? You're trying to tell someone who uses cannabis responsibly because he enjoys it that he doesn't actually enjoy it. Well, you're just wrong.
------------------------
So your first link was about sexual stamina. I've made no claims about stamina. But sex is unquestionably more enjoyable. I think a lot of it probably IS due to a distortion in the perception of time -- and lemme tell ya, when you're having sex with someone you adore, a distortion in the perception of time for both of you is your FRIEND. And let me really emphasize that having orgasms while experiencing distortions in the perception of time is out of this world. On top of that, I'll come right out and state that Sativa-type Cannabis just makes us both incredibly horny.

I've dabbled with Phenibut, Maca, Zinc, Tongkat Ali, and Arginine as sexual enhancers now and then, and once in a while will tactically use alcohol as an inhibitor of orgasm in order to prolong lovemaking.
------------------------
Your second link concerned motivation. Lots of things, if done to excess, can be amotivational. I will always advise moderation (though I won't ever try to insist someone do it my way). To an extent, I think slightly reducing motivation may be key to the calming effect. I'm a pretty driven person professionally and personally and spent most of my 30s "driving." 70, 80 hour work weeks for years. Toning down that drive is exactly what I was looking for. It's a far cry from making me unproductive, and I can't point to any colleague who's been adversely affected. Cannabis is just part of the healthy ebb and flow of ambition and relaxation for most. I'm happy with my level of motivation. I work hard and am expert at what I do. But I don't live to work.
------------------------
Your third link concerned creativity. I never made any claim that cannabis increased creativity. I said I paint, draw, play music, listen to music, read, immerse myself in VR, and have sex. I said I think, meditate, remember things vividly afterward, enjoy it, and approach things in my life or brain from different directions. I said it helped me broaden my appreciation of music and art. I said it helped me be more understanding. I said taking a break from being "on" and being "infinitely located" all the time is good. I said it was blissful. I said it enhances the ideation of sensory input and thought. I said it helped empathy and calmness. I said it's helped me summon the strength to take a step back and see toxic relationships for what they were. I said it's a wonderful bonding experience. I said the first time I used it after many years off I was giddy, I had ecstasy, I danced, I cried listening to beautiful sounds, I found painting exquisitely enjoyable, food amazing, and sex profound. Finally, I said it increased my enjoyment of art and music creation and my appreciation of art and music.

So, no claims as to increased creativity, unless you're counting greater *enjoyment* and *appreciation* or altered thinking that enables one to approach problems from a different point of view.

But here is a counter-link: Cannabis and Creativity
Quote:
...cannabis produces psychotomimetic symptoms, which in turn might lead to connecting seemingly unrelated concepts, an aspect of divergent thinking considered primary to creative thinking. A drug induced altered state of mind may indeed lead to breaking free from ordinary thinking and associations, thereby, increasing the likelihood of generating novel ideas or associations...
And here's the late, great Carl Sagan and his thoughts on the matter: Carl Sagan's essay on cannabis

Old 08-15-2016, 09:30 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Yeah, I haven't been there for 25 years, but California pot/growing culture seemed pretty similar to NZ. Obesity is an issue here, like most anywhere in the West these days. I think obesity is mostly related to social class and education, with pot playing only a minor role, -I'm no expert though.
Actually thats more of a myth. recent studies say its slightly the opposite. I kinda wonder if it depends on the people though, I know someone with fibromyalgia (which as she puts it-the catch all for "we dont know whats wrong"). She lays in bed in pain, but some CBD and she is up and moving. On the other scale....I've seen people go from active, to couch potato while high. Overall I'd call it a wash, but the details matter in these things.

Quote:
There are health issues surrounding pot, but almost no education (thanks prohibition).
Major ones seem related to younger peoples use, IE developing brains shouldnt be abused. Nowhere near ANY information on smoking it, and its effects. That being said.....you're lighting something on fire, and ingesting the smoke....that can't be good. People should stick with edibles.
Quote:
With my background in horticulture, plus experience in growing outdoors. I can't see the idea of major environmental damage as one to take seriously, Any environmental issues can be mitigated with an open approach to cultivation.
I think there's concern about irrigation requirements......which are VASTLY inflated. Heres math from a probably too low estimate:
Report on Water Usage - Marijuana Venture
But which a bit of research shows isn't that far off either. (A lot of sources for the data are biased, subjective, or both, but on the plus side I know people who grow pot, so second hand knowledge-value it appropriately)

Old 08-15-2016, 09:48 PM

32,068 posts, read 15,062,274 times
Quote:
Educate myself to environmental damage... I see that firsthand. Do we really need to review it again?

Educate to myself as to being high.. there's no need to do that other than the observable symptoms of intoxication... But heck I've done voir dire in municipal..state..AND federsl court and been qualified in mj...how about you? Could you qualify as an expert...could any if you ?

I imagine I was dealing with mj reading high times when it was the only doper publication long before you existed on this planet...

If you get high you have me there... Are you an expert at being stoned? And if so how has it affected your life..and the lives of others around you. Do you grow and process your own mj..or purchase it..know the end source..trust that they aren't harming the environment?

Highly doubtful
I told you in a previous post that I know many intelligent and successful people who smoke it but you didn't believe me. Many people who smoke don't get "stoned" as you say. But of course you wouldn't know what they feel because you never tried it. Not sure how you can qualify as an expert on this

Old 08-15-2016, 10:59 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
let this thread die already 80+ % are for the legalization, which will happen soon; and a few drug warriors still spew propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies