Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2016, 06:23 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte P View Post
Cannabis is an herb, not a drug...just to be clear. The US government has no right to regulate herbs. They changed the name to drug so they could classic it as illegal for consumption. This of course made many wealthy paper mill owners, and also pharmaceutical companies have become rich. AND don't forget the huge amount of profit made by the private prison owners who jail a pot user!
Sure they can.

Old 08-20-2016, 06:26 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe View Post
How about 'you don't own my body or mind and I can do what I want to do.'

How about 'live your own life and let me live mine.'

How about 'why don't you stop trying to be such an authoritarian statist-paternalist?'
Because society will end up picking up the tab with all the mental and physical health problems that will inevitably surface.

Are you okay with that? I'm not, you want to wreck your health fine, don't expect society to pay for your stupid choices in life. Mmkay?

Old 08-20-2016, 06:39 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Because society will end up picking up the tab with all the mental and physical health problems that will inevitably surface.
Oh, society, of course. So you're a collectivist.

You mean the same society that already picks up the tab for your astoundingly wasteful Big Government program, The War on Drugs?
Quote:
...you want to wreck your health fine...
Ah, the fallacious "wreck your health" routine. I have vanishingly low body fat and spent an hour and a half in the gym and then played outdoor basketball on a hot humid Texas day. I'm in the best shape of my life, mmkay?

Old 08-20-2016, 07:43 PM

1,824 posts, read 1,722,027 times
Cannabis does not cause mental problems, other than maybe a 1% chance of a panic attack, where a person falsely believes they are dying, because of a feeling they never experienced before scaring them.

It is not a direct cause of death and doesn't even cause sickness, except I heard of 1 user who vomited and 2 people near people using it who vomited because they didn't like the smell. That's the extent of the health problems, other than smoking it can cause dry mouth & people don't call an ambulance for a drink of water.

Quote:

Are you okay with that? I'm not, you want to wreck your health fine, don't expect society to pay for your stupid choices in life. Mmkay?

Old 08-20-2016, 09:13 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:

You do know that cannabis has been part of society since ling before you were around, right?

As a matter of fact, cannabis has been around and being consumed for thousands of years.

Don't you think if it was wrecking lives, while society pics up the tab, there would be evidence of this? Please, show me the evidence.

Legalized cannabis doesn't mean it's going to be a free for all of everyone smoking up, all it will do is make those who Choose to partake, can do so legally. No one is going to be forced to partake.

Please, show me some evidence that society is picking up the tab of long term cannabis users. I won't hold my breath.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies