Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2015, 02:42 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times

Advertisements

War on drugs?
How about war about drugs

Pro legalization folks forget that their drug ...this innocent harmless drug... causes war in other places because of the thrust to be high.

Dateline... today... which I found especially ironic because of CNN's pro mj bias
CNN report-world news
Americas legal marijuana causing thousands of deaths in South America as the market expands. Cartels vie for the lucrative marijuana trade. Mexico's president calls for continued criminalization of marijuana but realizes drug cartels will fight over the lucrative market.

Marijuana and death... the link clearly estaibilshed

People who use drugs want to dismiss their pursuit actually harms people .

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/blueb...fits-violence/

The real war is the one they have created.

Last edited by notmeofficer; 04-12-2015 at 03:12 AM..

Old 04-12-2015, 03:10 AM

2,677 posts, read 2,616,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notmeofficer View Post
Pro legalization folks forget that their drug ...this innocent harmless drug... causes war in other places because of the thrust to be high.
That is caused BY the War on (some) Drugs, not the drugs themselves. While it is the lesser of two evils, legalizing them and allowing legit businesses to manufacture, distribute, and sell them is absolutely the LESSER of two evils. Legit businesses settle disputes with lawyers. Illegal dealers and cartels settle differences with bullets. I'd rather see disputes settled with lawyers.

DF

Old 04-12-2015, 03:33 AM

2,365 posts, read 2,147,181 times
If there is such a broad market for a product in America, and America needs jobs, and farmers need a good cash crop - then it only makes sense that legalization should continue. We can save all those poor lives in South America, simply by doing something for ourselves, right here in America, for a change. And a highly profitable something for once as well.

Their cartels try to come here? We have plenty of amped up police departments, complete with tanks and assault weapons and gear to take them on.

Its all good. Homeland security is ready.

I will never forget the night, several years back, that I returned from a trip to Boston. We desided to walk through what I think was Times Square, just to take a look at the lights on Broadway before heading home. It was surreal and frightening to see a number of police with dogs stationed near the square, and a very large policeman dressed in riot/swat gear, standing poised, like a statue, with an assault rifle as if he was ready to cut loose a hail of bullets at any second. It was as if the Taliban was expected to be seen marching down Broadway at any moment.

We looked around for cameras and a director, but none were there. No telltale trailers to giveaway the fact someone was simply making a movie. Nope, this was Americas new normal. This was the face we were projecting to the tourists that crowded the surrounding streets. If it was there to make anyone feel safer, it had a chillingly opposite effect.

America needs something like this legalized industry, just to save us all from each other, and how can anyone say its a bad thing, IF the product can even kill cancer cells.

We need something besides ruining the lives of countless youth by making such a product illegal. We need an alternative to crime, and greasing the wheels of a legal system that is currently in the business of processing and producing convicts.

It seems to me, this could help a lot of Americans, as well as other countries apparently. It's obviously a win-win, as it can easily produce jobs and tax dollars to shore up our economy, Social Security and government with.

Old 04-12-2015, 04:33 AM

387 posts, read 588,963 times
can't have a cheap, free, accessible plant curing you lemmings from several profitable ailments.
mj is scary....booga booga booga

Old 04-12-2015, 05:23 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,856,699 times
Quote:
War on drugs?

Dateline... today... which I found especially ironic because of CNN's pro mj bias
CNN report-world news
Americas legal marijuana causing thousands of deaths in South America as the market expands. Cartels vie for the lucrative marijuana trade. Mexico's president calls for continued criminalization of marijuana but realizes drug cartels will fight over the lucrative market.

Could legalized marijuana increase cartel profits, violence? | Blue Byline - The News Tribune

Congratulations you win the best threat fail of the day award!

The war on drugs is what causes all this.
Complete legalization in the US of MJ would end the reign of terror from the cartels.

bill

Old 04-12-2015, 06:08 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,122,075 times
You post a link from a blog from 3 years ago. That's your evidence.

Time to update your manuals.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:38 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,015,378 times
Quote:
War on drugs?

CNN report-world news

Could legalized marijuana increase cartel profits, violence? | Blue Byline - The News Tribune

That's not Americans fault.

The whole world has to realize the war on pot is pointless.

Old 04-12-2015, 06:44 AM

45,211 posts, read 26,424,445 times
Quote:
legal marijuana market increases violence in central america

Illegal war on a plant increases violence, economic hardship and racial tension the world over.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:29 AM

463 posts, read 320,533 times
Really, notmeofficer, we have conversed enough that I practically consider you a friend.

As a friend, take my advice and stop placing your foot so deeply into your mouth. You might suffocate.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:59 AM

3,744 posts, read 4,084,844 times
Was CNN accurate in their broadcasting ???,,,
On World news this morning they broadcast the above article... it went on for five minutes,, which on world news is a long time...

Will legalizing pot affect violence in Latin America? | WWLP.com

The Mexico drug war: Bodies for billions - CNN.com

I know for proponents the thought that their pursuit of drugs in life might actually be causing harm to someone else is outside their myopic sphere... but.. it is apparent that marijuana causes many deaths.. and destruction of other communities and countries....countries that with all the dollars we have we cannot control

So the cartels look to the rich Norte Americanos with their perverse taste of hedonistic activities and dollars and provide a
"service". To attain market share they use what works,,, murder mayhem robbery kidnapping... and the statistics show its by the thousands

Does it matter to Americans who are smoking their legal dope where it came from... no.. not really,,, they just want to get high free from interference from others to pursue a life less traveled (obviously.. my analogy.. but it fits perfectly)

Domestic marijuana industry jobs.... you will notice many proponents no longer throw up the false flag of medical marijuana and just say.. free for all.. at least they are being honest and more palatable to listen to. The argument "well if we grow it here" is so fallible to its core.. we cannot stop open border crossing.. stopping the flow of drugs is laughable

If marijuana was to become legal.. lets say nationally... does anyone here think it wont be taken over by the same powerful corporations that control other intoxicants. These same corporations would lobby for personal illegality of production and back it up with political clout.. leading to enforcement policies... cost and price fixing and a host of other regulations to extract the maximum dollar out of every user... and potentially engage in very aggressive marketing programs to gain solid market share.

Granny 12 plant will be crushed and swept away like a bug.. and each of you will be paying 5 bucks or potentially much more,,, for a joint of 1/3 of a gm.
Ill be still arresting you for DUI.. well not me because Ill be retired completely... health problems because of MJ use will still happen.. although maybe bud will become "cleaner"... although Im not sure ,, when corporations get it they will engineer it in ways you cannot imagine... I wonder.. but potentially agree local marijuana crime might decrease.,, would be a huge benefit if it actually happened.. not sure I want to conduct that experiment

Thinking that some poor migrant is being enslaved and murdered today directly tied to your pursuit is a bitter (marinol) pill to swallow,, but is the disconnect that people who use drugs have.. as drugs anesthetize the brain... and damage the soul

So..

Was the premise of the CNN article correct.. marijuana to the US is causing untold death in other countries supplying us

The answer is yes

Thank you my friends,,, and no.. my foot wont fit in my mouth..Ive tried many times

Last edited by notmeofficer; 04-12-2015 at 08:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies