Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 06:24 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times

Advertisements

Rubio needs to mind his own business. The cost and hardship of raising a disabled child is staggering. I am the father of a disabled child. I love her with all my heart, but more than once I have wondered if we did the right thing by her. The world isn't caring or accepting. What happens when we are gone? That question keeps me up at night.
Rubio has no right to question a parents choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 06:33 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih2puo View Post
Kill the weak and worthless.

A depraved society without a care for the genocide of the unborn.
I have serious concerns with spending astronomical resources to keep a vegetable from dying while the living die because they cannot afford medical care.

Old 08-09-2016, 07:51 PM

50,837 posts, read 24,347,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Rubio needs to mind his own business. The cost and hardship of raising a disabled child is staggering. I am the father of a disabled child. I love her with all my heart, but more than once I have wondered if we did the right thing by her. The world isn't caring or accepting. What happens when we are gone? That question keeps me up at night.
Rubio has no right to question a parents choice.
I can only see the issue from the outside looking in. But I worked for many years with a woman who has a highly handicapped son. I have admired her commitment to making his life as normal as possible...although it cannot be very normal at all. But most of all I wonder what will happen to him when she is gone. I'm sure it is on her mind, as well.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:16 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I can only see the issue from the outside looking in. But I worked for many years with a woman who has a highly handicapped son. I have admired her commitment to making his life as normal as possible...although it cannot be very normal at all. But most of all I wonder what will happen to him when she is gone. I'm sure it is on her mind, as well.
Who will love your child as you do? Who will be compassionate as you are? It seems every month there is a story of a disabled child being abused and even killed. I can only hope that I out live her.

Last edited by boneyard1962; 08-09-2016 at 08:26 PM..

Old 08-09-2016, 08:17 PM

25,849 posts, read 16,537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
Another pronouncement from the Republican brain trust:

Marco Rubio: women with Zika should not be allowed abortions

I can't believe he came up with such a stupid statement! A child born with microcephaly could cost society hundreds of thousands to a million to care for. If ever there was a need for abortion, this is it! Usually, people who oppose abortion are the first ones to decry large expenditures on social programs like Medicaid. Are these anti-abortion people willing to cough up the money to pay for the Zika babies?
Why not euthanize babies born with defects then? Why limit yourself to pre-term babies?

Old 08-09-2016, 08:29 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,662,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Why not euthanize babies born with defects then? Why limit yourself to pre-term babies?
Because an embryo is not the same as a newborn.

If a woman is 10-weeks pregnant and has tested positive for Zika, allowing her to abort is not the same as killing a born child with a disability.

Stop the false equivalence nonsense.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:35 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,227,244 times
huh...

At least he's consistent. The position is still absurd, in my opinion, but hats off to him for consistency. It's a rare thing to see anymore.

Old 08-09-2016, 08:37 PM

2,572 posts, read 1,644,568 times
Quote:
There is no such thing as a pre-term baby, they are either zygotes, embryos or fetuses. And aborting them is 100% legal.

Old 08-09-2016, 09:45 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,374,624 times
Quote:
Wow~~ You do not realize Euthanasia is considered illegal in most all circumstance/States..especially given an adults who desire it due to diagnosis..BUT How the He$$'s Be$$'s could you envision that as even an option??
Meanwhile..births a horrifically challenged infant..and bears that cost..and emotional anguish..and Yikes..No ones gives a cr@polla..as long as that bundle of cells get born!!

I truly believe fundies are devoid of common sense..and their views contraindicate what options are available ..BUT these extremists Threaten and even kill physicians who do the job..covered and legal...then of course those poor women visiting clinics by funds with their harebrained crap..Finally the past few years of government supplements for Planned Parenthood exposed precisely what GOP is up to...It does not take a rocket scientist to see what's going on

Politicians don't have to rely on Planned Parenthood..to don't give a Cr@p..and even tho NOT Taxpayer $$ go to Abortion Services does NOT stop their horrific infringement to their legal rights to services...

I never realized their were so many who hate Dem's so much, the throw in the towel on things that actually directly them ( family + kids) but don't give a care..Damn the law..These rights are against God's law..

The list is endless..God hates ( abomination) LGBT or Hates whatever..thus..by saying that..THEY ARE DECLARING GOD is imperfect//makes mistakes ..because ALL life regardless of their imperfections was CREATED by God?

SO I want to know..HOW do Fundies and Christian ideologues reconcile..GOD makes mistakes?? He doesn't> HUMAN's make mistakes but doesn't stop extremist being UP everybody's butt for anything outside of their narrow minded belief..is FAR FAR away from Christianity or any belief system for that matter!! You fols of such rigid/intolerant views just maybe concur with ISIL..as THEY are perverting Islam to suit their views..and as I see it.Certain Fundies/Politicians are pervading Christian view extreme as well..Difference.. USA is a free Country/Democracy and NOPE Extreme view may get voiced..BUT will never get adopted..

I'm sure getting an educations of the shear number of bigots,misogynists that have been outed this pst few years of posting here..It's been a rude awakening

Old 08-09-2016, 11:24 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,494,901 times
Quote:
Nowadays, there are a lot less babies born with defects due to genetic testing! People who go for extensive genetic testing or counseling can elect in-vitro fertilization with embryos tested before implantation. That way, embryos with defects are eliminated from ever being born!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies