Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2016, 11:53 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times

Advertisements

Paraphrasing a tweet I read today:

Remember when Great Britain was dealing with Catholic terrorism 30-40 years ago and outlawed nuns from wearing their chosen clothing?

Yeah, me either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2016, 11:57 AM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
They do not have a history of wanting to forcibly convert anyone. Muslims do.

The Amish also don't have a history of committing mass sexual assaults, as has happened in the ME and now Europe. I can't imagine American women would see an Amish presence at the beach (as is common on the FL Gulf coast) as they would the presence of Muslims

Old 08-26-2016, 11:58 AM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

I've said many times that I would accept keeping them out as long as we agree to stay out of their countries also. How about that? They stay there and we pull all of our soldiers, oil exploiters and the like?
We could pull out and have energy independence, but it wouldn't stop them from coming here. Their countries are anti liberal, anti west and mostly cesspools. Unfortunately their countries are cesspools because of a shared Ideology called Islam, and they bring that with them.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:00 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,239,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho_keva View Post
Saw one lady all bundled up in her burkini during a recent beach vacation in the Yucatan Peninsula. She looked completely out of place amongst the other females in traditional beachwear.

Frankly, I could give a hoot. If she wants to look like a tightly wound wet burrito at the beach, that's her business. As long as it ain't my woman dressed like that, I'm fine with it.

Hmm, aren't they not supposed to be swimming with males present? In Muslim countries they are segregated, interesting they don't have to do this when it is inconvenient, yet they still wear the religious costume.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:01 PM

2,682 posts, read 2,181,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've said many times that I would accept keeping them out as long as we agree to stay out of their countries also. How about that? They stay there and we pull all of our soldiers, oil exploiters and the like?

I'm all for it. I don't think there is a benefit to the US in continuing to try to save Arab nations from themselves. I doubt that if we pulled out of the ME no one there would want to sell us oil anymore.

The only consolation is that the Russians don't seem to have that figured out either.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:01 PM
miu

17,770 posts, read 40,184,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
I'm generally in favor of letting people wear what they want, and don't find the burkini per se offensive (a wetsuit with a hood), but the point you've raised is precisely the problem. I predict that when burkinis reach a critical mass in a beach, we will see harassment of women who aren't wearing one by Muslim men. Ultimately, this may end up with certain beaches and resorts being "burkini only," like some beaches now are clothing optional, and people who don't belong to Islam will have to go elsewhere.

What will happen to Western freedoms if we continue to tolerate their intolerance?
Well the reason why the local women in the European countries that took in the Syrian refugees were getting sexually assaulted were that the Muslim men felt that it was acceptable behaviour to attack the immorally dressed European women. Those men obviously have sexual issues and frustrations, why else would suicide bombers think that a suitable reward would be a heaven with 40 virgin women for them to deflower? Those are sick virgin teenage boy fantasies.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:03 PM

31,086 posts, read 22,101,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnTrips View Post
The Amish also don't have a history of committing mass sexual assaults, as has happened in the ME and now Europe. I can't imagine American women would see an Amish presence at the beach (as is common on the FL Gulf coast) as they would the presence of Muslims
The Amish also haven't spawned a thousand terrorist organizations around the world.

Apologist like to defend Islam and say the West is responsible for Violent Islamic expansion. If that's the case why are these Islamic Terrorists every where in the world?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

Old 08-26-2016, 12:04 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post

Yeah, me either.
You messed up your punch line. That's me neither.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:06 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,284,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Hmm, aren't they not supposed to be swimming with males present?
That comes next. They understand how the game is played. Get your foot in the door first, or better yet, camel nose under the tent.

Old 08-26-2016, 12:17 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
The last time I went to the beach there was a woman in a two piece who should have been wearing a burkini.

The fact is Muslims are already at the beach. The burkinis help you to quickly identify the enemy. They are a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies