Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-16-2016, 04:43 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
This guy was not poster child and was a threat to the officer . Its time the BLM tried their case in the courts,not the streets.

If one acts like a thug, you die like a thug!

Take to heart!
I've posted example after example where cases have been taken to the courts only for those who operate the system to lie and cover for the police.

The system is not working.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:44 AM

7,280 posts, read 10,948,582 times
Manson has access to nearly as much TV as anyone else.

He was pure evil but he saw a weakness in our society and taught his followers well. Luckily there was still some law and order in California at the time to put him away.

It is just a matter of time though, before some tragic mistake is made, someone throws something at a window and someone yells "it's begun" and text messages fly and out of control goes a city.

Arab Spring? We ain't seen nothing yet. Those countries never saw it coming in the way it happened. We aren't immune.

Deep down, alot of Americans are starting to become afraid. Not the afraid where they cower and hide, the afraid where some catalyst of violence will cause a disorganized reaction that quickly becomes the dropped lit match in a dry forest.

The more the races are divided, not by culture but by demonizing whites and enslaving others through dependency on government for basic wants and needs, the worse it will get.

The best outcome is action through the vote of a republic because the alternative is very ugly.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
So what did he do in Birmingham? He caused nonviolent tension by being civilly in their face. He didn't urge people to burn sh*t down in the suburbs, or in the poor neighborhoods. That's why Dr. King's methods cannot be compared to what happened in Milwaukee or Ferguson or Baltimore, or Dallas or Baton Rouge.
And we have those who are arguing for the violent actions of a Bull Conner. How do you expect people to react when you have those wanting to take our system back to these days?

I'm going to get violent also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452......
Where is Bull Conner when you need him?

Old 08-16-2016, 04:50 AM

27,137 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
And we have those who are arguing for the violent actions of a Bull Conner. How do you expect people to react when you have those wanting to take our system back to these days?

I'm going to get violent also.
I I don't believe anyone wants to it's a reaction to unnecessary unwarranted violence destruction and the threat to the General Public.

You can't expect peaches and cream reaction when you're dishing out crap.
That kind of behavior propagates enemies, not friends or empathy.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
But there are no jobs in their neighborhood. That is what they need. We have teens getting into trouble on the streets because they can't get a job.
I've tried to bring this up and discuss it in many different threads. We have allowed thousands and thousands of jobs to leave the country, lied about the unemployment situations, and wonder why those with no other means of support get into trouble.

Would having jobs solve all of our problems? No but it sure would cut down on the number of people with nothing to lose.

It is a part of the problem when someone says the "rich got theirs and don't want to share". Why shouldn't they be upset when the government pays a company to move their job overseas?

We make that bastard Jeffrey Immelt our jobs czar so he can get his fingers directly in the pie as opposed to pleading for his piece from outside and now he doesn't even have to leave crumbs for others.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:55 AM

4,040 posts, read 2,556,278 times
While I certainly condemn the idea, it is infinitely smarter than burning their own **** down.

One does have to wonder however, what good can they think will come from it?

Burn down innocent people's homes to "get back" at the police??

Absurd.

Just likely to cause even more divide and a end up with a bunch of dead would be arsonists.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:56 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
That might not go well for them.
Um yeah.....they'd get shot up big time. That's Wisconsin where that own guns.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:56 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,434,654 times
Non-linear thinkers can't do much more than burn their own **** down.

Old 08-16-2016, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I know, and this is not the answer! If you want jobs, you have to attract businesses, and burning down the existing ones is not attractive.

Maybe if these criminals directed their energy into starting businesses or getting a good education instead of drug dealing or stealing, they would be able to solve some of the problems. Because it takes some brains to make money off of drugs. Look at the business acumen of people like Jay-Z or 50 Cent once they got into legitimate businesses.
There are millions without jobs. One should get themselves into huge debt to get an education to get a non existent job? What if 100,000 extra left college in 4 years with an engineering degree? How are they going to pay this money back when there are only 8000 jobs out there?

They should all just become music mogels? You've shown you can unlike others critically think and understand the problem when the facts are presented to you. Above are the facts. There are a very limited number of jobs out there that require a college education. If everyone that doesn't have a job went this route, engineer jobs would pay minimum wage.

This isn't something these people have complained about for six months. They have lived it their entire lives in some cases. Why shouldn't people be upset to have to work all day for a few bucks when Wall Street can just snap their fingers and get the government to simply create them billions of dollars and they don't have to do anything?

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-16-2016 at 11:37 AM..

Old 08-16-2016, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I wonder how many of those teens applied to Milwaukee's teen summer jobs program?
What if 200 did? Do you have any stats handy that show any of those jobs went unfilled? What are the other 5000 to do?

edit:

Sorry, I see now I am late to this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Applied, meaning you have to be accepted...so who knows how many were accepted. So what do the rest do?
But my point hasn't been addressed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies