Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2016, 09:03 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,367,499 times

Advertisements

Black on white shooting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr0X_gMri8k

Any white people have a problem with it?

Old 08-15-2016, 09:10 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Black on white shooting:

I'm not "white" but I'd love to shake the hand of that black guy and buy him dinner. Hero in my book.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:18 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
And MLK's way actually worked. Ghandi's way did too. Get the people's sympathy and you win the argument. Make people hate you, you've lost the argument. All they are doing is turning people away from their cause.
Dr. King confronted injustice & correctly identified its threat wherever it exists:

Quote:
...Moreover, I am cognizant of the interrelatedness of all communities and states. I cannot sit idly by in Atlanta and not be concerned about what happens in Birmingham. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly. Never again can we afford to live with the narrow, provincial "outside agitator" idea. Anyone who lives inside the United States can never be considered an outsider anywhere within its bounds.

You deplore the demonstrations taking place in Birmingham. But your statement, I am sorry to say, fails to express a similar concern for the conditions that brought about the demonstrations. I am sure that none of you would want to rest content with the superficial kind of social analysis that deals merely with effects and does not grapple with underlying causes. It is unfortunate that demonstrations are taking place in Birmingham, but it is even more unfortunate that the city's white power structure left the Negro community with no alternative. ...
https://www.africa.upenn.edu/Article...irmingham.html

Dr. King wrote that letter while imprisoned in a jail in Birmingham in response to a statement written by eight white Alabama clergymen:

http://kingencyclopedia.stanford.edu...ocs/clergy.pdf

Old 08-15-2016, 09:19 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,490,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm not "white" but I'd love to shake the hand of that black guy and buy him dinner. Hero in my book.
Again.....most white people dont mind if other white thugs get shot and killed. We dont defend them, we want them gone as much as any black thug.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:19 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Black on white shooting:

Not in the least.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:20 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I am, would still buy him dinner. Looks like one of the good guys. Did the world a favor-took out some trash.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:23 PM

5,658 posts, read 6,277,759 times
Quote:
any white people have a problem with it?
N O P E

(third-generation Danish guy the color of notebook paper)

Old 08-15-2016, 09:24 PM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The Tamir Rice Story: How to Make a Police Shooting Disappear | GQ

Why do you think the family got $6 million. Do you not think that filing a false report is wrong?

Cops are caught lying all the time. The tragedy in the Rice case is that the force hired an emotionally incompetent.

One that had been caught lying in the past. So he lied in his first chance to be an officer. He was forced out for being unable to handle being a police officer. He freaks out and shoots a kid and then lies about it.......and what is done to him? Nothing. The taxpayers had to pay out $6 million though.

The prosecutor initially lied to the public. Is that O.K. also? The prosecutor did not do his job (it's in the link). Is that O.K?
I did not know all that about the Tamir Rice case. It's horrible, and definitely wrong. If his superiors at the police academy felt he was too emotionally immature to be a cop, why did they allow him to graduate? Maybe they should have a nationwide database on that stuff so he couldn't go to different locations and keep applying.

I wonder if a grand jury's refusal to indict makes it impossible to present it to another grand jury. It wasn't a trial, so it shouldn't be double jeopardy.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:25 PM

435 posts, read 431,189 times
Quote:
Black on white shooting:

Nope - I mean a life lost is always sad but I don't have a problem with what the conceal carry guy did to protect himself. If you are getting beat up, you have the right to defend yourself.

Now what went down in Milwaukee the last 2 days, well, that is a totally different situation. You reportedly have people taking beatings just for being the wrong color in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's raining in Chicago today and I've been hoping that it rains up in Milwaukee tonight so things cool down and the violence is over.

Old 08-15-2016, 09:35 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,018,386 times
Default This guy is getting out...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJMOWEAAth0

..sounds bad to be white in Milwaukee these days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies