Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 05:11 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,603,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
If need be. As I said, you could blur out the victim. But NO ONE is asking to see a video like this. In the discussion about North Carolina's law part of it was after a certain time the video would get wiped out. No one had a problem with that as long as nothing questionable was in it.
Ok, so there are things that shouldn't be released to the public, even though they might be the rare exceptions.

Most likely, they'd also have to blur out video involving minors or when there might be a HEPA issue.

Like I said, I don't like NC's law and feel we need more transparency.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:15 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Ok, so there are things that shouldn't be released to the public, even though they might be the rare exceptions.

Most likely, they'd also have to blur out video involving minors or when there might be a HEPA issue.

Like I said, I don't like NC's law and feel we need more transparency.
I believed I noted that where minors are involved there could be valid reasons to hide their identity when we discussed the North Carolina law.

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be available to the public. Available but blurred where necessary.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:58 PM

78,351 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
That's like asking.......is it possible a bear came out of the woods and killed him.
Farter. Mr. Fart. Fartastic.

Henceforth the yellow stripe of dodgery shall your adorn your backside.

Old 08-27-2016, 07:59 PM

78,351 posts, read 60,547,237 times
Quote:
I believed I noted that where minors are involved there could be valid reasons to hide their identity when we discussed the North Carolina law.

That doesn't mean it shouldn't be available to the public. Available but blurred where necessary.
Besides, it's impossible for a cop to kill anyone. It's just as likely if a bear comes out of the forest and attacks them!

#payingforhyperbole

Old 08-28-2016, 07:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,178,048 times
Cops Kill Speech Impaired Autistic Man Trying to Find Safety in Home for People with Disabilities

Read more at Cops Kill Speech Impaired Autistic Man Trying to Find Safety in Home for People with Disabilities

Questions remain in Hays officer-involved shooting | KSN-TV

Old 08-28-2016, 08:46 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
And with that, you've lost all credibility.
I don't think so. I think he should have said the word " some " rather than " most" but other than that, I think it was a fair statement.

The other day when I told a police officer that a man had threatened me, he shrugged and said " ma'am, people threaten us every day. " Yeah. Well, you have a gun and a badge and outweigh me by a hundred pounds. Thanks for nothing.

Each police force, and each cop is different. Some are great. Some are terrible. We shall see what happened here. No matter what though, the cop will walk. That's how the system works.

Old 08-28-2016, 08:51 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,111,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromartinez View Post
ok, so there are things that shouldn't be released to the public, even though they might be the rare exceptions.

Most likely, they'd also have to blur out video involving minors or when there might be a hepa issue.

Like i said, i don't like nc's law and feel we need more transparency.
hepa?

Old 08-28-2016, 08:59 AM

4,666 posts, read 5,089,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
An encounter took place between the driver and the trooper causing a shot to be fired," the statement reads. The driver died at the scene, the statement adds, and the trooper was placed on administrative leave.

But a neighbor of Harris', Mark Barringer, who witnessed part of the confrontation, criticized the trooper's handling of the pursuit.

"They should've deescalated and been trained to realize that this is an entirely different situation," Barringer told NBC affiliate WCNC. "You're pulling someone over who is deaf. They are handicapped."

So Sad. Apparently there was a small chase, but it is unknown if he was just deaf and did not notice. The police ar not releasing the information at the moment....

KING: N.C. police kill unarmed deaf man using sign language - NY Daily News

North Carolina Police Kill Deaf Man After Chase - ABC News
Still not as bad as this...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ce-simulation/

Anyways did the cop think sign language was gang signs...

Old 08-28-2016, 09:22 AM

9,694 posts, read 7,388,002 times
I beginning to believe, cops need to literal get into a fist fight before they can shoot someone, they should actually have to be attack. today society if you look at a cops in the eyes, there a 90% chance you going get shot.

just because someone doesnt follow a cops order is not right to kill them. The cops needs to be charge, at least mmanslaughter

Old 08-28-2016, 09:46 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
Still not as bad as this...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ce-simulation/

Anyways did the cop think sign language was gang signs...

Well, I've seen the "gang signing" phobia taken to extremes. My son and two of his friends were hauled into the office, and the police called, for "gang signing". They were in the third grade, and were playing Spiderman, shooting webs with their hands. Needless to say, we parents were quite disgusted, and to his credit, so was the cop.

But, it does go to show that the paranoia you jokingly referenced, does, indeed, exist. The possibility that a cop might actually see things in that light is, frankly, quite possible...and spooky.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies