Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2016, 11:36 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,454,796 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That rarely happens. The Feds are still sitting on the Garner case.

Shooting unarmed citizens is not a part of his job description.
Yes it is if they posed a danger to someone's life in some way. You can do that without a gun you know.

Old 08-25-2016, 11:46 AM

78,477 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Quote:
I've seen it happen too many times. I have NEVER disappeared from a thread.

He was unarmed. There is NO reason to have shot him. These kinds of problems have happened many times in the past and should have been addressed long ago. It would not be difficult to mark the license of those with a handicap as having a handicap.

What does North Carolina do? Rather than address that problem they pass laws that make it harder for society to access information that society owns.
So since you won't disappear here is a question for you.

Is it possible for an unarmed person to kill a police officer?

Old 08-25-2016, 12:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,256,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Yes it is if they posed a danger to someone's life in some way. You can do that without a gun you know.
The guy eating the face of his victim wasn't even shot. The police have many options at their disposal.

On the other hand, the guy lying on the ground with his arms in the air was shot so......

Old 08-25-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
The guy eating the face of his victim wasn't even shot. The police have many options at their disposal.

On the other hand, the guy lying on the ground with his arms in the air was shot so......
I'm pretty sure that was an accidental discharge. He was shot in the leg.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
So since you won't disappear here is a question for you.

Is it possible for an unarmed person to kill a police officer?
That's like asking.......is it possible a bear came out of the woods and killed him.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that was an accidental discharge. He was shot in the leg.
No it wasn't. He said he was trying to shoot the autistic man playing with his toy truck.

Could the autistic man rose up, raced over and strangled the officer to death maybe?

Old 08-25-2016, 12:05 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,656,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Why judging before every fact is know. It sounds like all posters don't like to wait for all facts to be known.

Indeed it is very sad someone died. Being deaf doesn't make someone having to watch the road and seeing the lights flashing to be pulled over. If the person didn't speed than I doubt the cops would pull him over and neither would it happen if the person went just a few miles over the speed limit.

It seems right now a chase occurred.

We need to know how fast the guy going and why didn't he stop but kept speeding.

It is sad that someone died!
You mean the facts the police are working on now? To get their story straight?

You live in Floriduh, just a couple of weeks ago a civilian woman was killed by a cop during a training exercise(only in FL), are you aware the cop who did the shooting had been fired from another police dept. in FL?

And how are "we" going to find out why he didn't stop? Only the deaf guy knows and he is dead.

They need to be held accountable like everyone else. Not get a paid vacation and than go back to work.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:10 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,656,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AADAD View Post
I can guarantee that police officer is suffering a great deal. He made a decision which appears to be completely off center and he is paying for it in his head in his heart and in his soul. No person recovers from this easily. Add to that if it was unjustified he will never work as a cop again and perhaps will face charges and go to jail.
You mean like the cop in Chicago? He is heard complaining about getting put on desk job for 30 days, that was his concern.

Your last sentence was correct. I'm sure he is worried about his future. But that's about it.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
No it wasn't. He said he was trying to shoot the autistic man playing with his toy truck.

Could the autistic man rose up, raced over and strangled the officer to death maybe?
Accidental discharge was the wrong word to use, the man was hit by accident is what I meant. The cop wasn't trying to kill a guy with his hands up like you insinuated.

Old 08-25-2016, 12:13 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,941,145 times
Quote:
Well, it shouldn't be. In 2016 there should be a way to take out a perp who is without a firearm (or with!) without needing to kill them with a firearm. There should be. I will not be shamed into believing otherwise. I've been pulled over I don't know how many times and it's never been a siren that let me know that a police cruiser was on my six. As a deaf driver I would think that scanning in the rear and side mirrors would be a survival technique, for just this reason. Does that justify murder? Does subsequent difficulty in communication justify murder? I, for one, say no! It does not.

The lot of you are quite the sight twisting in discomfort at all that is obvious, seem quite unable to say it. What uncharacteristic restraint. What's that about? IMO the officer who fired the shot was wrong. Hasty and wrong and it cost a citizen their life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies