Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2016, 01:00 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Im not sure why Islam is even considered a religian after 911. Should have lost its religous status and relisted as a Terrorist organization on 9/12. Im an Atheist and dont care for any religian but theres only one that has spawned a 1000 Terrorist organizations.
Funny thing is Islam was recognized and treated as hostile force in Europe beginning with its appearance ~700 ad. It was resisted and expelled by force. It spread throughout the middle east and much of Africa and Asia by force. I've seen sources state 100 million were killed by Islam over the years.

People who forget and reject history are bound to repeat it. It really isn't just a religion like the others, but more analogous to a sociopolitical ideology, no more valid than say Nazism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2016, 01:07 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,633,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
based on the first bolded, I would counter-sue and accuse their opposition Muslims of racism, bigotry, and hatred of the US Constitution in their ongoing preaching of Sharia law that is part of Islam, plus their bigotry and disrespect for the citizens of the county and their elected officials who exercised their US legal rights to vote down the building.
Grear idea. And as a non-christian, I plan to immediately sue all christians for the racism, bigotry, and hatred of the US Constitution that some christians are guilty of.

Are you a christian? Please tell me where I can have you served for my lawsuit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
The government has no right to dictate to the people. The people have spoken. They do not want a mosque in their community. If the government forces this community to accept a mosque it means that Muslims will be allowed to build mosques anywhere they choose regardless of what the people have to say about it.
Is it that you hate the US Constitution, or is it just that you have no idea what you're talking about? When arguing with conservatives, it's often so difficult to tell which is which.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:14 AM

7,588 posts, read 6,633,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I wonder why, an American President would spend so much time defending another religion that is not his and being aggressively involved in immigration and mosque building?
Exactly how much time is he, personally, spending "defending another religion?" A detailed answer, please. And also, please provide examples of how he - personally - is "aggressively involving" himself in immigration and mosque builidng? Again, please give detailed answers.

Or should we just assume that your post is just another ignorant rant about something that you have no idea what you're talking about?

Old 08-25-2016, 01:35 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Funny thing is Islam was recognized and treated as hostile force in Europe beginning wi. Now its appearance ~700 ad. It was resisted and expelled by force. It spread throughout the middle east and much of Africa and Asia by force. I've seen sources state 100 million were killed by Islam over the years.

People who forget and reject history are bound to repeat it. It really isn't just a religion like the others, but more analogous to a sociopolitical ideology, no more valid than say Nazism.
Good points all the way around. I believe our first war as a new country against Islam was against Muslims of Tripoli.

Old 08-25-2016, 01:50 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
Many towns and cities are zoned for particular reasons. If one wants to open a mega church that will hold many thousands of people then traffic flow, utility services, land of site, and surrounding neighbors are all factors to consider when approving the mega church. Is it not likely that an Islamic mosque must also fall under these factors as well as their call to prayer which is blasted through sound speakers in all directions?

Old 08-25-2016, 03:36 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Im not sure why Islam is even considered a religian after 911. Should have lost its religous status and relisted as a Terrorist organization on 9/12. Im an Atheist and dont care for any religian but theres only one that has spawned a 1000 Terrorist organizations.
Under those conditions we should lose our rights to be a country after destroying Iraq, Lybia, Syria............We have killed 1.3 million people since 9-11 and all but a handful had absolutely nothing to do with 9-11.

Old 08-25-2016, 03:37 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Grear idea. And as a non-christian, I plan to immediately sue all christians for the racism, bigotry, and hatred of the US Constitution that some christians are guilty of.

I consider myself so. You can read my replies.

Old 08-25-2016, 05:48 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:

Is it that you hate the US Constitution, or is it just that you have no idea what you're talking about? When arguing with conservatives, it's often so difficult to tell which is which.
I don't think it is productive to answer any of your questions.

But just for FUN, let me say that I don't want to see more churches or Mosques or whatever temples because religion seems to be a tool for many mentally challenged people. including atheists.

By the way, I don't represent "conservatives" or "Christians" If you want to tell me I am stupid, mentally challenged, etc, say so. But don't assume I am a Christian or a conservative based on one post.

“I suppose it is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail.”
― Abraham H. Maslow, Toward a Psychology of Being

Last edited by lilyflower3191981; 08-25-2016 at 05:58 AM..

Old 08-25-2016, 05:58 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,600,924 times
CAIR is a proven terror organization. Mosque building is case by case depending on the local zoning rules, which many mosque builders want to ignore.

Old 08-25-2016, 07:44 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,947,298 times
Quote:
Exactly how much time is he, personally, spending "defending another religion?" A detailed answer, please. And also, please provide examples of how he - personally - is "aggressively involving" himself in immigration and mosque builidng? Again, please give detailed answers.

Or should we just assume that your post is just another ignorant rant about something that you have no idea what you're talking about?
Apparently, you are spending too much time asking others questions and not paying attention for yourself. You look it up and you tell us why the President personally meets with a hate group.

Then tell us why CAIR speaks out for groups, but immediately claims they are not involved with that particular group. Or are you better at asking others to do your research?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies