Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 03:44 AM

114 posts, read 200,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
Right, because we as a state have unlimited resources. Sorry, if the country has limitations so does Montana.
The state could join Canada as a Province becoming hmmmmm. Province of Montana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 06:58 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,295,951 times
Is Montana still here?

Slackers, or talking smack?

Old 11-02-2009, 07:05 AM

8,090 posts, read 15,169,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Not true, I take a lesson from the liberal mindset on some matters, and feel that we are duty bound , as US citizens, to disobey unjust laws.
I was just reading something about this in the U.S. Codes the other day, I can't find it again offhand but it was in Title 18; essentially you are duty-bound to disobey (and if possible, stop) a law enforcement person who is committing an illegal act. By reasonable extension, you are duty-bound to disobey a law that is itself illegal under the Constitution (which would pretty much cover most unjust laws).

Old 11-02-2009, 07:25 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,203,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthMother1951 View Post

I might have to consider moving to Montana ESPECIALLY since this was the state that told Washington to *&%^ off with the REAL ID.

Montana people congrats you have leaders in power who have a spine.

You know Washington D.C. is stepping over it's bounds when you have states threatening to withdraw from the Union. If they do I will move there the next day. That's a promise.

Didnt this happen before....in 1860? If any state withdrew from the Union, they would be mercelessly beaten in to submission. I seriously doubt Montanas whopping million residents, some of which possess mostly an assortment of small arms, would muster much of a serious fight.

Unless Montana can get about half the country on board for something like that, including many of the major states, its just an excercise in futile jawing, much the same as a 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum because they didnt get their way.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:15 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomdude View Post
Didnt this happen before....in 1860? If any state withdrew from the Union, they would be mercelessly beaten in to submission. I seriously doubt Montanas whopping million residents, some of which possess mostly an assortment of small arms, would muster much of a serious fight.

Unless Montana can get about half the country on board for something like that, including many of the major states, its just an excercise in futile jawing, much the same as a 4 year old throwing a temper tantrum because they didnt get their way.
This isn't 1860, the world is different now. There's no slavery to drum up support for a war against a state, waging a war against a rural state like that would make the U.S. look in the wrong, and there'd be protests from many Western countries against it, and then you have Russia and China who would love to weaken the U.S. and would probably get involved in some way.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:22 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,640,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctichomesteader View Post
This isn't 1860, the world is different now. There's no slavery to drum up support for a war against a state, waging a war against a rural state like that would make the U.S. look in the wrong, and there'd be protests from many Western countries against it, and then you have Russia and China who would love to weaken the U.S. and would probably get involved in some way.
True. Internal conflict in the US would have several countries howling with glee. Russia and China are certainly two of those, but I doubt they would get directly involved. THAT would bring all the states into unification pretty fast IMHO. If I were in a seceding state and the Russians or Chinese were sending troops to 'help' us, I would be more inclined to shoot at them than federal troops.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:27 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,510,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
True. Internal conflict in the US would have several countries howling with glee. Russia and China are certainly two of those, but I doubt they would get directly involved. THAT would bring all the states into unification pretty fast IMHO. If I were in a seceding state and the Russians or Chinese were sending troops to 'help' us, I would be more inclined to shoot at them than federal troops.
I was thinking more on the lines of they'd be funneling weapons to the state seceding, along with causing problems elswhere in the world. Norinco (China) was already caught once smuggling illegal weapons in to violent criminal groups...

Old 11-02-2009, 09:37 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,330,973 times
Quote:

Yes - Montana could become Russia's Israel as an ally on this side of the globe to help fend off the the neighboring fascists.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:43 AM

5,922 posts, read 8,070,661 times
Is Montana still here? BTW if Montana ceases to be a state it is still a possession of the United States government.

Old 11-02-2009, 10:09 AM

5,522 posts, read 10,203,003 times
Quote:

1. There is no western country that is going to protest the US for preserving its Union.

2. Russia and China would not risk going to war over trying to choose sides in an internal conflict.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies