Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2016, 02:52 PM

88,890 posts, read 85,409,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothere1 View Post
Well, I said the same thing a year or two ago. That was before I knew it get down to Hillary and Donald. If we continue on this path will we have to revive Hitler and Stalin for 2020?
I feel your pain. I am also in the None Of The Above camp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2016, 02:54 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,295,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Hey, now, I like Donald Trump. I spoke to him on the phone once about two years ago. He told me he thought I was terrific. I like people who think I'm terrific. I got off the phone and told my boss, "I'm terrific. Donald Trump said so."

I would NEVER EVER vote for him, though. But I AM terrific, so he is right about that.
I think you're terrific too.

Which may be the one and only time I agree with Trump since I usually make this face when he says Trump-ish things.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,591,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nothere1 View Post
Not happy about this election run at all. Please do me a favor, for your own mental health, stop listening to this man. He is only making all of us more stupid be the day.
You think I listened to this man? I understand what you are saying, but it bears repeating that someone who thinks its appropriate to mention he now has the tallest building in Manhattan the day after 3,000 Americans were killed is someone suffering from narcissistic personality disorder and an acute lack of compassion, amongst other issues.

Old 09-12-2016, 03:56 PM

46,404 posts, read 27,265,569 times
Slow news day....

Old 09-12-2016, 03:58 PM

46,404 posts, read 27,265,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Have a link to the entire interview?

Based on what I heard, he was having a give and take with an interviewer who started his question about damage to Trump's building by mentioning that it was "one of the landmark buildings down in the financial district".

Since the interviewer brought up the significant status of the building, I really don't see what the issue is with Trump commenting in response that it was the tallest before the WTC was built, was the second tallest once the twin towers were completed and would again be the tallest.

It's not like Trump brought it up.
Of course not, the left interprets the way the see fit...

Old 09-12-2016, 04:05 PM

776 posts, read 583,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
You think I listened to this man? I understand what you are saying, but it bears repeating that someone who thinks its appropriate to mention he now has the tallest building in Manhattan the day after 3,000 Americans were killed is someone suffering from narcissistic personality disorder and an acute lack of compassion, amongst other issues.
No, what is sad is that he made it to be one of two, a third party won't win, possible choices for President of the US.

Old 09-12-2016, 04:35 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,903,793 times
Trump has been front page news in NY for serious decades.

40 Wall was built in the 1930's. It was eventually acquired by President Marcos of Philippines via a secret trust. When the ship hit the fan, the US seized Marcos' assets and the building deteriorated. Trump bought it and has been trying to unload it, ever since. No takers.

40 Wall was not damaged on 9/11 because it is nearly a mile away from WTC. This did not however prevent Trump from asking for and receiving a handout from the 9/11 Fund earmarked for small businesses, below 14th street. Trump is among the many who had no damages and asked for and received grant money. Ford Motor, Dell, Bank of China and so on all received grants without having sustained damages.

The small corner pizza place that was destroyed got less, because money was handed out like candy due to intentionally lax state requirements to companies that had no business sticking their hand out.

Old 09-12-2016, 04:41 PM

Quote:
He has met the criteria for NPD his entire adult life. His public, child-like overreactions to any criticism is classic.

He's got a good shot at winning. What the hell is he going to do when he and his family become constant targets of ridicule and hate that accompanies the job of POTUS, in this age of Social Media.

Old 09-12-2016, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I feel your pain. I am also in the None Of The Above camp.
I am another in the None of the Above Camp.

Old 09-12-2016, 04:45 PM

427 posts, read 434,096 times
Quote:
The day after 3,000 Americans were slaughtered by terrorists, Trump was only worried about his own building, and had to brag in an interview that it is now the tallest. You wanna talk about narcissism? This is the most egregious example someone can provide.

What a disgusting human being.

Donald Trump On Twin Towers: 'They Were Not Great Buildings' Until 'Their Demise' | Crooks and Liars

Hillary Clinton is a disgusting human being.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies