Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2016, 11:24 AM

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Stop supporting the buying of human beings.
If they had not been offered for sale, the buying couldn't have happened.

Old 09-15-2016, 11:45 AM

20,716 posts, read 19,357,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamSmyth View Post
Nice spin and chopping of my statement. Why do you think white people are greeted warmly and with hugs when the attend services at Trinity? Is that treatment consistent with people who have been taught to hate white people?
Its perfectly consistent with it. May not be true, but its perfectly consistent with subterfuge, just like the SNL land shark "candygram".

Old 09-15-2016, 11:49 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
If they had not been offered for sale, the buying couldn't have happened.
Maybe it would be interesting if you were offered for sale, would you have the same attitude?

Old 09-15-2016, 12:01 PM

5,472 posts, read 3,224,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Justified? No. The source was Africans who captured and sold other Africans into slavery. Had that not happened, Black slavery in the U.S. would not have been possible.

There are people today who sell drugs, just because its sold, do you thinks it honorable, or moral to buy it?

Old 09-15-2016, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
Maybe it would be interesting if you were offered for sale, would you have the same attitude?
I'm not offered for sale. Why? Africans haven't captured me and offered to sell me to others.

Think very carefully about that.

Old 09-15-2016, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
There are people today who sell drugs, just because its sold, do you thinks it honorable, or moral to buy it?
That has what to do with Africans selling other Africans into slavery?

Old 09-15-2016, 12:45 PM

1,544 posts, read 924,567 times
For the bigots here on C-D, I suggest you watch this video. And do not scoff at me or it. If you do so and brush me off, then you've proven my point and the point of Jane Elliot in said video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqikR1iHARo

Quote:
Originally Posted by theraven24 View Post
You sound like a KKK member.

Why do people always talk about us Blacks moving back to Africa (EVEN THOUGH WE WERE BROUGHT HERE), but never talk about Whites going back to Europe?

Instead of actually LISTENING and learning/talking about the issues, people like you deny they exist and instead offer the solution of going to Africa, which has also been colonized by Europeans, in case you didn't know. Africa has been screwed over as well, and you've got bigotry coming from Europeans.

Anytime a Black person speaks up about the injustices we face in this country, they're called a ni**er, told to shut up, be grateful they're an American (LOL), or go back to Africa. It's always a problem. People are more pissed about Kaepernick kneeling during the racist national anthem than the police continuing to get away with taking Black lives and other issues within the community.

Why is it okay and encouraged for people to never forget 9/11, but an annoyance and an issue when people bring up the topic of slavery? Why do we have to move on from slavery and forget it, but not from 9/11? There is no getting over slavery. That was a period of almost 250 years of HIGHLY severe mistreatment, when we were considered 3/5 of a human, forced into free labor, chained, whipped, raped, sold like cattle, forced to forget our African tongues and culture, beaten, etc. So slavery ended in 1865. What about the next century of bulls**t Blacks had to face in this country? Lynchings (people actually held picnics to celebrate the lynching of another ni**er), police brutality (which STILL continues), getting hosed down, sicking dogs on us, homes and churches getting burned down, receiving absolutely NO justice (Emmett Till, anyone?), segregation that actually harmed us, forced to give up our seats on buses, forced to sit in the back of the bus, punished for protesting and marching for our equality... You get the point. Shall we get into the 70's, 80's, and 90's?

People like you expect things to be peachy-keen for Blacks in this country, despite multiple centuries of abuse, hatred, torture, mistreatment, deep-rooted racism, and injustice. You think we're supposed to fully bounce back from something horrible that lasted THAT long? It doesn't work like that. There is no getting over the past. Just look at the Native Americans. Racism and hatred is passed through the generations. But until we see changes in the system, the core of the matter, we will continue to see injustice. That can't happen until people start to recognize and admit the issues exist, and we've got a lot of people on these forums alone who just can't do that.
Girl, preach! (It sucks that I have to spread more love before giving you rep)

Old 09-15-2016, 12:55 PM

2,436 posts, read 2,793,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeasonedNewbie View Post
For the bigots here on C-D, I suggest you watch this video. And do not scoff at me or it. If you do so and brush me off, then you've proven my point and the point of Jane Elliot in said video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqikR1iHARo

Girl, preach! (It sucks that I have to spread more love before giving you rep)
Yes, ma'am! I can't rep you anymore either lol. Your content is always on point.

Some of these people think we're playing, like we're making stuff up and actually want to be thought of as less. Our issues are REAL. Some people need to be hit with the reality stick.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:06 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Make it $10 million and I'll start packing. I can't go back to a place I've never been before though.
I know, that part always cracks me up with its stupidity. "Go back to Africa" to people whose great-great-grandparents were born in New Jersey.

Old 09-15-2016, 01:11 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I know, that part always cracks me up with its stupidity. "Go back to Africa" to people whose great-great-grandparents were born in New Jersey.
Stupid indeed, and then you have to wonder why someone would say "Go Back To Africa".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies